I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charles.young10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 299
I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
Kinda cool right b4 a race you could glow red .... But only if u were in a skyline or something.... That's a very tunerish mod IMO... Although it was always cool to me to see a TA ram air or 96-98 cobra to purge with red LEDs in the nostrils .... Guess it's kinda the same
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charles.young10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
Kinda cool right b4 a race you could glow red .... But only if u were in a skyline or something.... That's a very tunerish mod IMO... Although it was always cool to me to see a TA ram air or 96-98 cobra to purge with red LEDs in the nostrils .... Guess it's kinda the same
Usually I am against anything that looks tunerish, but for some reason I love this.. Lol

The headlights don't looks any different then stock.. But the change colors.. To me that's freaking awesome!
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-31-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
S197Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 307
Have you found a kit for the s197?
S197Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Solomo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Charleston
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 450
Those are awesome!
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charles.young10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by S197Miller
Have you found a kit for the s197?
Yep!! It's going to be about 300 for fog light and everything..

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...lehalokit.aspx

The colorSHIFT ($199) is the one that changes colors, plus $99 for fog lights..

You can buy individual colors, for cheaper...
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Solomo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Charleston
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 450
just went to the site to see how much and it isnt $199 for the color shift, it is $159 for the white and they add $199 for the colorshift, then add like $99 for the fogs. So like $450 for the set, but they are still extremely cool!
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charles.young10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomo2
just went to the site to see how much and it isnt $199 for the color shift, it is $159 for the white and they add $199 for the colorshift, then add like $99 for the fogs. So like $450 for the set, but they are still extremely cool!
Yep! My mistake! Pretty freaking awesome though!
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
wow! Thats SWEEEET! But only one problem..... can you even see at night? I dont think these will be bright enough to drive around at night with..... plus with all these colors will they even last that long?
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charles.young10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27
wow! Thats SWEEEET! But only one problem..... can you even see at night? I dont think these will be bright enough to drive around at night with..... plus with all these colors will they even last that long?
It says they are rated to 50,000 hours.. And it uses CCFL.. Which I don't know a whole lot about, but from what I have seen, almost as bright as HIDs...
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Solomo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Charleston
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 450
this may be a dumb question, but with halo headlights does the center light up also or just the halo? If it is just the halo, how is that bright enough to drive with? They look awesome, but are they bright?
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charles.young10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomo2
this may be a dumb question, but with halo headlights does the center light up also or just the halo? If it is just the halo, how is that bright enough to drive with? They look awesome, but are they bright?
Just the halo lights up, as far as halo lights go yes, they are very bright, almost as bright as HIDs..

I can't speak for these themselves though.. From the videos they look very bright..

I did some searching, and found out shaq has them on his mustang.. Lol
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
S197Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27
wow! Thats SWEEEET! But only one problem..... can you even see at night? I dont think these will be bright enough to drive around at night with..... plus with all these colors will they even last that long?
You still use your headlights. These just accent the color of the lights
S197Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
S197Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by S197Miller

You still use your headlights. These just accent the color of the lights
Wait I lied. Lol. But I assume you could run factory headlights??
S197Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Solomo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Charleston
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by S197Miller

Wait I lied. Lol. But I assume you could run factory headlights??
You actually didn't lie. I was reading their website and you're right. I don't know how you install them, but it says you install them on your current lights. I can't find directions yet on how you would install them, but these are so awesome!
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:25 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
S197Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomo2

You actually didn't lie. I was reading their website and you're right. I don't know how you install them, but it says you install them on your current lights. I can't find directions yet on how you would install them, but these are so awesome!
Well if you can please find out more! Because I have 160$ worth of HID lights and I don't want to scrap them
S197Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Solomo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Charleston
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by S197Miller

Well if you can please find out more! Because I have 160$ worth of HID lights and I don't want to scrap them
I just emailed them for directions on how to install them and asked them straight up if these install over current lights or if they replace the current lights. So hopefully I get an answer soon.
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
S197Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomo2

I just emailed them for directions on how to install them and asked them straight up if these install over current lights or if they replace the current lights. So hopefully I get an answer soon.
Hopefully. Because last night I spent a good hour and a half looking and could not find a definite answer.
S197Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charles.young10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 299
Re: I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guys... I am about 99% sure you use your standard headlights (you modify them).. and its just the halo ring around that lights up.. just like in the videos..



here is an install video...

Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
S197Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles.young10
guys... I am about 99% sure you use your standard headlights (you modify them).. and its just the halo ring around that lights up.. just like in the videos..



here is an install video...

In that video all I saw was the halos. It didn't seem like he ever turned on his actual headlights?
S197Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a friend of mine has those on his 2011 GT actually
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
S197Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
a friend of mine has those on his 2011 GT actually
Did your friends have to scrap his headlights? Or does he still use them?
S197Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Solomo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Charleston
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 450
Re: I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you look in the gallery on their site it has pictures with the halos and normal lights on together.
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Why do you guys think your headlights won't work after this mod? They have nothing to do with the headlights them selves or the power to them, the reason why the video or must picture don't show the headlights on is because they want them to stand out
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
S197Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
Why do you guys think your headlights won't work after this mod? They have nothing to do with the headlights them selves or the power to them, the reason why the video or must picture don't show the headlights on is because they want them to stand out
That's what I thought too. But after doing research I learned that some halos replace the factory headlights. So I just wanted to make sure
S197Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Solomo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Charleston
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 450
Re: I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got a message back from this company and you can order an oem set of lights with the color shift halos already installed for $679.00 + Shipping. The white halos pre-installed on oem lights cost just $499 + Shipping. For any Single color add $20 to the $499 cost. If you want to send them yours, they will install them for $179 + Cost of the Kit + Shipping.
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
That's way too much for headlights.... Btw has anyone ever got hid converted OEM headlights off eBay? Found some for $120 but did not know of the quality
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
That's way too much for headlights.... Btw has anyone ever got hid converted OEM headlights off eBay? Found some for $120 but did not know of the quality
Not really, how much is just the new oem headlight? Then add the halos and labor, I say that's fair
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Solomo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Charleston
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 450
Re: I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering that they want $357 for just the color changing halos. They want about $322 for the oem head lights.
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

« X PIPE | HELP ASAP »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:53 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.