I SHOULD'VE LISTENED - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I SHOULD'VE LISTENED

Got the bully dog tuner yesterday and sold it today(got all my money Back)!! I want to do a cai and tuner what is the best to buy is the jlt and sct combo the best? Let me know what y'all think I know y'all done been through it.
06Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Ghost
Got the bully dog tuner yesterday and sold it today(got all my money Back)!! I want to do a cai and tuner what is the best to buy is the jlt and sct combo the best? Let me know what y'all think I know y'all done been through it.
What was wrong with the Bully Dog?...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The thing that I found out from the bully dog tech today is if I add cai that needs a tune they dont have any other tunes for it but if u was goin stay stock it is great I could tell a difference in the car but I'm not staying stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT
Re: I SHOULD'VE LISTENED

This is your best bet:

JLT Mustang CAI & SF3 Tuner (05-09 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com KIT||38018||3015||62034||CAI3-FMG-05 - Free Shipping!
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Brenspeed is like 40+ dollars cheaper

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks diff. Goin look into that
Old 02-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
The thing that I found out from the bully dog tech today is if I add cai that needs a tune they dont have any other tunes for it but if u was goin stay stock it is great I could tell a difference in the car but I'm not staying stock
Ya in that case go with SCT or Diablo!... With either one of those you can mod the he'll out of your car!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I found a sct tuner and a jlt cai series 3 for $539 to the door
Old 02-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
I found a sct tuner and a jlt cai series 3 for $539 to the door
Good deal who's the tuner?

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
Brenspeed is like 40+ dollars cheaper
True, but you get a 6% discount @ AM if you use the ME code, which saves you ~$37, so that'st most of your difference right there. So the price difference is negligible as it becomes more about preference in tuner, Bama vs. Brenspeed's tuner.

However, I got mine package from AM right before Christmas when they were on-sale for $560 in addition to the 6% discount.

I've never bought anything from Brenspeed so I can't attest to their quality, but I've bought tons of things from AM & have had nothing but good experiences thru them.
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Thats the thing he just drop ships it I guess from sct or a warehouse

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT

True, but you get a 6% discount @ AM if you use the ME code, which saves you ~$37, so that'st most of your difference right there. So the price difference is negligible as it becomes more about preference in tuner, Bama vs. Brenspeed's tuner.

However, I got mine package from AM right before Christmas when they were on-sale for $560 in addition to the 6% discount.

I've never bought anything from Brenspeed so I can't attest to their quality, but I've bought tons of things from AM & have had nothing but good experiences thru them.
I think I'll order the AM but that free tunes for life so I add another mod and they will give me another tune

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol

Good deal who's the tuner?
He said he drop ships them from sct or a warehouse

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

If I go with the $539 deal I guess I'll have to buy tunes if so better just get the bama deal for$619
Old 02-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
IMO I'd go w steeda cai there is no difference in power and the steed looks much better. And am has superb customer service but their "custom" tunes are not custom.... So I'd talk to matt w steeda b4 making your final choice
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
IMO I'd go w steeda cai there is no difference in power and the steed looks much better. And am has superb customer service but their "custom" tunes are not custom.... So I'd talk to matt w steeda b4 making your final choice
Steeda is great, but your just paying for name at that point..

IMO steeda isnt worth the extra money..

And I wish I could find that chart.. But steeda does have "slightly" better numbers then JLT
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Take a look at Airraid , similar numbers to JLT and much higher quality manufacturing in their CAI. They make the Roush CAI
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler Go: FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
GTRob504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Do what I did an get a cai off the boards... Find em cheap
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:46 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Don't want to be the one to say it but...I TOLD YOU SO!!! Hahaha just messing with you!! Once the mod bug gets you it's on!!!!
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:06 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I got the Diablo Trinity and Airaid Race CAI on my 06 GT. Got both thru AM, along with tunes for life. Their tech guys are nice and helpful. So far I have not had any problems and could tell a big difference in performance.
JTeel1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #18

I feel strongly against bama Tunes for life. I bought it tgrough american muscle and they were fine. But the so called "tunes for life" Is misleading. I just read my 06 gt to a 08, so I called bama to change vehicles and was told I would have to buy two's for life again! I bought this almost 400 dollars tuner from them.. it talks about how are you can use it on different cars and such.. but I was just told that 'in the fine print' it says that if you change cars or owners you lose your free tunes. I don't know about chill but I'm not much reading all the fine print and I guess that's my fault.. but I knew you have all seen the advertisement and it looks like a really good deal.. but now they need another 150 dollars from me to continue to use this tuner and I think I'm just gonna sell it. I'm hoping that maybe I can use the tuner but a different tuner company to get tunes from I don't know?. I'm extremely frustrated bout this because it work so well on my other car, and now for some reason they need 150 more dollars from me and I don't have that kinda cash to around... sorry to be soo long winded, I'm just really pissed about the bama tunes. I feel like I have been a good customer and now they're just gouging me for money. I will never use BAMA TUNES again and I recommend no 1 else use them either
Rolandak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #19
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

I have this one in stock and ready to ship. Dont forget, if you order with us, we also have a 5% forum discount.

2005-09 Mustang GT JLT Tuner Kit,Includes JLT Series3 Intake, Sct Sf3 Tuner And Bbr Custom Tune at LRS - Free Shipping!
Jarrod@latemodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #20
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandak
I feel strongly against bama Tunes for life. I bought it tgrough american muscle and they were fine. But the so called "tunes for life" Is misleading. I just read my 06 gt to a 08, so I called bama to change vehicles and was told I would have to buy two's for life again! I bought this almost 400 dollars tuner from them.. it talks about how are you can use it on different cars and such.. but I was just told that 'in the fine print' it says that if you change cars or owners you lose your free tunes. I don't know about chill but I'm not much reading all the fine print and I guess that's my fault.. but I knew you have all seen the advertisement and it looks like a really good deal.. but now they need another 150 dollars from me to continue to use this tuner and I think I'm just gonna sell it. I'm hoping that maybe I can use the tuner but a different tuner company to get tunes from I don't know?. I'm extremely frustrated bout this because it work so well on my other car, and now for some reason they need 150 more dollars from me and I don't have that kinda cash to around... sorry to be soo long winded, I'm just really pissed about the bama tunes. I feel like I have been a good customer and now they're just gouging me for money. I will never use BAMA TUNES again and I recommend no 1 else use them either
U need to quench that missguided flame there bud. No offence but its kinda common sence if u switch vehicals they expect u to pay the tunes for life is to help carry ur continued modding on ur existing car when u sell that car the life of modding it with you is done hence needing to buy a tune for ur new ride. Like really i havent read s#!+ and i know that better yet try and find anouther tunber that offers even what they do. Bamas awsome just cause u got no common sence aint there fault so ether come up with the 150 bucks and injoy free tuneing on that car as long as u have it or dont choice is yours but pls stop wasteing ur breath nobodys listening.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Gotta back up my bama boys here man... thats pretty weak for you'd to expect them to let you change cars with it. Can you use a cai on 2 cars at once? No. So why should you be able to use one tuner for two cars. Free tunes take time to write. They also have a big gaurantee behind them to uphold so you should expect to pay for it. Also, they sell those tuners damn near cost and if you have ever seen what it costs to custom tune something you would see how cheap 150$ is...
Old 02-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I may b wrong about this but if u wouldve taken the tune off ur 06 mustang I'm pretty sure u could've used the same tuner on ur 08. Again I may b wrong but that's my thought. And as far as the $150 their charging u it's to reset ur tuner so u can reuse it.
Watchawow07SGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk

U need to quench that missguided flame there bud. No offence but its kinda common sence if u switch vehicals they expect u to pay the tunes for life is to help carry ur continued modding on ur existing car when u sell that car the life of modding it with you is done hence needing to buy a tune for ur new ride. Like really i havent read s#!+ and i know that better yet try and find anouther tunber that offers even what they do. Bamas awsome just cause u got no common sence aint there fault so ether come up with the 150 bucks and injoy free tuneing on that car as long as u have it or dont choice is yours but pls stop wasteing ur breath nobodys listening.
You can listen or not..I don't care. You say "free tunes"..they are not..nor would I expect them to be, which is why I spent almost $400 on this tuner. If its 'Free tunes for the life of this car' I would not have an issue...but I feel mislead and these forums are the place to vent, or discuss our thoughts.
The service of A.M. and even Baja for that matter has been good..but them telling me they want another $150 to ..for all intents and purpose ..continuing writing the tunes I paid for is price gouging.
I am sure I am the only guy here to not read the fine print..but that's OK, I will pay for it..
Guess I should have just kept it to myself...you know..since no one is listening and all..
Old 02-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

You can listen or not..I don't care. You say "free tunes"..they are not..nor would I expect them to be, which is why I spent almost $400 on this tuner. If its 'Free tunes for the life of this car' I would not have an issue...but I feel mislead and these forums are the place to vent, or discuss our thoughts.
The service of A.M. and even Baja for that matter has been good..but them telling me they want another $150 to ..for all intents and purpose ..continuing writing the tunes I paid for is price gouging.
I am sure I am the only guy here to not read the fine print..but that's OK, I will pay for it..
Guess I should have just kept it to myself...you know..since no one is listening and all..
You want free tunes for a completely different car?
Old 02-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchawow07SGT

I may b wrong about this but if u wouldve taken the tune off ur 06 mustang I'm pretty sure u could've used the same tuner on ur 08. Again I may b wrong but that's my thought. And as far as the $150 their charging u it's to reset ur tuner so u can reuse it.
I did return my 06 to stock. That means it is not " married " to any car right now. Bama told me the fee is because it is a different car, there is no reset. I guess I can use the strategic tunes..but they are not going to write another tune for me. I don't know know, the whole thing is frustrating .. my fault for not reading everything ..I just went with their advertising .. oh well
Old 02-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I did return my 06 to stock. That means it is not " married " to any car right now. Bama told me the fee is because it is a different car, there is no reset. I guess I can use the strategic tunes..but they are not going to write another tune for me. I don't know know, the whole thing is frustrating .. my fault for not reading everything ..I just went with their advertising .. oh well
Gotcha boss. Well then yeah. Sometimes those words r in fine print for a reason lol. (not dogging u or anything)
Watchawow07SGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Common sence! It would do u good to get some bud thats all im sayin and i think just about everyone will tell u the same there. And to flame the company over ur own mistake is childish and the reason alot of really good products and services from other companies are no longer available grow up!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

You want free tunes for a completely different car?
Old 02-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
Common sence! It would do u good to get some bud thats all im sayin and i think just about everyone will tell u the same there. And to flame the company over ur own mistake is childish and the reason alot of really good products and services from other companies are no longer available grow up!
I have been clear on my problem, and the reason for it. Your name calling is silly (kinda stupid too).. your over all aggression is actually just funny! Thank you, I believe I am feeling better..
As for you mister....just relax..take a deep breath...I am not going to start putting your favorite companies out of business! Hehe..C'ya

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Yes, I do. I was under the impression the "free tunes" were part of the package deal I bought with the ACT Tuner...
My bad
Old 02-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod@latemodel
I have this one in stock and ready to ship. Dont forget, if you order with us, we also have a 5% forum discount.

2005-09 Mustang GT JLT Tuner Kit,Includes JLT Series3 Intake, Sct Sf3 Tuner And Bbr Custom Tune at LRS - Free Shipping!
Ordering it right now thanks alot
Old 02-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

+1
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #32
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

No problem man. Shoot me your order number so i can add in the discount. Or if you call it in, just let them know you are apart of this web site, and they will add it for you.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod@latemodel
No problem man. Shoot me your order number so i can add in the discount. Or if you call it in, just let them know you are apart of this web site, and they will add it for you.
That's good customer service right there!
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #34
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197 View Post
That's good customer service right there!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Quote:

I have been clear on my problem, and the reason for it. Your name calling is silly (kinda stupid too).. your over all aggression is actually just funny! Thank you, I believe I am feeling better..
As for you mister....just relax..take a deep breath...I am not going to start putting your favorite companies out of business! Hehe..C'ya

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Yes, I do. I was under the impression the "free tunes" were part of the package deal I bought with the ACT Tuner...
My bad
I am cool bro like a popsickle just stating an obviouse point and last i checked telling someone they were acting childish was not name calling it was a reflection of the other persons behaviour

Ur the one that said u aint sayin anything nice about bama no more and that ur gunna tell (and did tell) ppl not to go with them over ur own mistake not my fault if u dont like being put in ur place about it. To bad for you deal with it!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT