Tuner - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles.young10

Which ever one your local speed shop has.. You never know when you may need some help
No local speed shops lol Wyoming is lame....I just gotta decide between a bama tuner brenspeed or one from late model restoration lol
wyostang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I like my brenspeed

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:09 AM   #38

Region: New Hampshire
Re: Tuner

I got my fom AM and I love it! I have had several tunes for each mod & no issues! I am currently running the 93 race tune for current mods and its sweet
KillaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 02:41 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quick question will adding a CAI and a tuner affect me when getting my car a smog, I'm from California... What recommended for my 06 gt
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaGT
I got my fom AM and I love it! I have had several tunes for each mod & no issues! I am currently running the 93 race tune for current mods and its sweet
What tuner doyou have and how many custom tunes can u have saved on it at one time?
Old 02-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

hey guys,
also in market (note, i'm 04GT)... from what i've learned in my research AND going back to top thread question, and please if my answers slightly off CORRECT ME:

you can buy else where, BUT if it was used it must be 'unlocked' (this costs 100 bucks and i believe AM/Bama must do it) from original car and reset to the stock tunes... then if you want it re-tuned for YOUR vehicles mods, 50 bucks more per tune OR 150 for Free lifetime tune updates. again, someone correct me if wrong, and also if accurate, factor in your purchase cost

if you can get it unlocked and working on your vehicle and want to alter settings in the tune, there are only certain things (again i believe) that are user changeable. my BIG question here is, when installing a 'mod' to your vehicle and requesting re-tune, are these the same things the manu is changing, or are they actually changing other parameters in the file???

i've heard conflicting ops on whether or not the tuner really helps (one from a repair shop AND modded 03 mustang owner)... most guys do say yes esp. in throttle response. any more experiences greatly appreciated, and any diablo owners please chime in as that's the other one i'm considering-
imhooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhooked
hey guys,
also in market (note, i'm 04GT)... from what i've learned in my research AND going back to top thread question, and please if my answers slightly off CORRECT ME:

you can buy else where, BUT if it was used it must be 'unlocked' (this costs 100 bucks and i believe AM/Bama must do it) from original car and reset to the stock tunes... then if you want it re-tuned for YOUR vehicles mods, 50 bucks more per tune OR 150 for Free lifetime tune updates. again, someone correct me if wrong, and also if accurate, factor in your purchase cost

if you can get it unlocked and working on your vehicle and want to alter settings in the tune, there are only certain things (again i believe) that are user changeable. my BIG question here is, when installing a 'mod' to your vehicle and requesting re-tune, are these the same things the manu is changing, or are they actually changing other parameters in the file???

i've heard conflicting ops on whether or not the tuner really helps (one from a repair shop AND modded 03 mustang owner)... most guys do say yes esp. in throttle response. any more experiences greatly appreciated, and any diablo owners please chime in as that's the other one i'm considering-
You are kinda off on most of that, I can't speak for diablo, cause I have SCT.

But a used SCT must be unlocked, yes. But, it will come preloaded with almost ANY mod changes you will EVER need. It has custom tunes you can create on your own, very easy to do. If you can run Microsoft word, a tuner shouldn't be any problems. No need to pay 150 for unlimited custom tunes. If its unlocked. Now if it's not unlocked then yes, you will have to pay 150 to unlock it, but it will still have all those preloaded possible setups. No need to buy those unlimited tunes.

Diablo may be different but I doubt it, I would assume its the same

Oh! And whomever told you a tuner didn't add HP, they are INSANE... On an 04, you will see about a 15 HP gain.. And that's just tuner alone
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

glad u pointed out... so that being said, can i ask you question and present example???
Old 02-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
glad u pointed out... so that being said, can i ask you question and present example???
Go ahead! If I don't know, someone else will! Lol

Just to let you know, I bought a used SCT/CAI combo for 200.. It was unlocked, and the custom tune worked out great!
Old 02-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

for starters, i just installed my k&n cai... if i buy the kit (say, from AM) but don't tell them up front i have it, when i get it i can go in and change something in the tune for 'CAI' myself?? and if so, the change goes across all 3 tunes?? and lastly, is it also manufacturer specific

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

btw, just saw second line in your post/reply... WOW, what a steal! i just paid 175 for my '04 cai alone, and that was a GOOD price. what cai did u get
Old 02-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
for starters, i just installed my k&n cai... if i buy the kit (say, from AM) but don't tell them up front i have it, when i get it i can go in and change something in the tune for 'CAI' myself?? and if so, the change goes across all 3 tunes?? and lastly, is it also manufacturer specific
As far as SCT goes, I tell it which brand CAI, what octane, and it will set it that way.. It not like a set 93 tune and your stuck with what ever tunes are preset. You can change anything inside each one of the 3 octane tunes. (87/91/93) I can change everything from idle drive speeds/driving idle speed/no cats/CO2 sensors/bigger fuel injectors/etc like I said, almost anything you would ever need. Unless you start going supercharged, then that's a whole different story

I got a JLT series 2, yeah when I saw it on eBay, I sent an email making sure it was unlocked, and bought it within an hour of him posting it, lol
Old 02-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

now THAT"S what i was looking to find out!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so next month, i disconnect battery, install stack 70 mm TB and plenum, connect and turn on my tuner, enter the change somehow in handheld(including manufacturer?, just to double check what you stated!), and PRESTO! ZOOM.... or something like that

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

oh, also, i was 'offered' o-r x pipe(not sure of size/brand yet), SCT tuner, and 4 stock GT rims with 2 great tires, for $325.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

so next month, i disconnect battery, install stack 70 mm TB and plenum, connect and turn on my tuner, enter the change somehow in handheld(including manufacturer?, just to double check what you stated!), and PRESTO! ZOOM.... or something like that

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

oh, also, i was 'offered' o-r x pipe(not sure of size/brand yet), SCT tuner, and 4 stock GT rims with 2 great tires, for $325.
Take it that's a steal!!
Old 02-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

As far as the 05 models go, yes it's that easy... But on your 04, the CPU will adjust for most of your changes (I believe).. I can really help you as far as that goes, that is just how it is on ours.. Again I would think it would be the same.. When you order your tuner just ask them.. Heck.. Just call them up right now and ask! Lol

And that sounds like a sweet deal to me!
Old 02-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

you know i was wondering if the cars computer would adjust itself with some of the simple 'bolt on' type mods i was planning to do!!!

i understand may be a diff in tuners/tuning as you guys 05, and me 04; just figured concept or procedure should be about the same, which was why i asked.

i was surprised when you said it allows(the tuner) you to put in not only the particular 'mod' installed, but specific manufacturer too. seems the list would be ever changing. i imagine that it may not even be that critical and that its just more the fact that you are changing, for example, to a 70mm TB period, and not 'which' 70mm TB. please correct me if i'm misunderstanding, and i will also call AM or diablo to get there input.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you know i was wondering if the cars computer would adjust itself with some of the simple 'bolt on' type mods i was planning to do!!!

i understand may be a diff in tuners/tuning as you guys 05, and me 04; just figured concept or procedure should be about the same, which was why i asked.

i was surprised when you said it allows(the tuner) you to put in not only the particular 'mod' installed, but specific manufacturer too. seems the list would be ever changing. i imagine that it may not even be that critical and that its just more the fact that you are changing, for example, to a 70mm TB period, and not 'which' 70mm TB. please correct me if i'm misunderstanding, and i will also call AM or diablo to get there input.
The quick answer to that is yes, they are all different, especially CAIs, filters are different sizes, different air flow, all kinds of stuff
Old 02-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

and they(the manufacturers and products) are all in the tuner already; you just select, so to speak and in my instance

K&N cold air kit, and 'update' or 'enter' or something

then, say

Accufab 70 mm throttle body, and then same as above

then 'update', or 'save' or something to that effect to stick in the cars 'brain ?

guess that's exactly what i was asking- thx!
joe

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT