Mod help!!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
12s are possible with just 410s and slicks, my buddy was running 12.6s with a tune CAI headers and gears, this ain't no slow 2V
I've seen more than my share of 3v cars run with multiple setups!.. With just a CAI, tune, gears, o/r mid pipe and axle back!... Running with slicks or drag radials, realistically will do mid to low 13s!.. 12s are doubtful!...

And just curious what that "slow 2v" comment is for??....
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

I've seen more than my share of 3v cars run with multiple setups!.. With just a CAI, tune, gears, o/r mid pipe and axle back!... Running with slicks or drag radials, realistically will do mid to low 13s!.. 12s are doubtful!...

And just curious what that "slow 2v" comment is for??....
The 3v will do 13.5-13.7 out of the box stock, says ever magazine, every one that owns one and every one I've seen on YouTube, how can you say 12s aren't realistic with 410s tune CAI and drag radials?

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The 3v will do 13.5-13.7 out of the box stock, says ever magazine, every one that owns one and every one I've seen on YouTube, how can you say 12s aren't realistic with 410s tune CAI and drag radials?
Simple!.. Because every one that I have seen (with my own eyes, not from pictures or watching videos), with those same mods run mid to low 13s!.. And as far as mags are concerned??.... They all stretch the truth!.. MM&FF along with every other mag back in 2004 stated that the '04 GT can do low 14s!! ... Even high 13s completely stock!!!..... Hahahahahahaha.

I'm more interested in real world!.. Not la la land!... Hahahahaha.

Still curious about that "slow 2v" comment of yours!... Care to explain your self on that one?....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Talking about motortrend and road and track mag, no bias there, and I've told you I've seen my friend run 12.6 with said mods, I can't give you my experience cause I bought my car in November and the track doesn't reopen till April but my bone stock mark VIII with just a 3500 stall was capable of 13.9s, 14.1 was the best I could get on street tires though, well that was a 4v with only 280hp but I will gladly post up time slips in April

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Also 2v are slow as hell, that's what I meant by that, old thunderbird motor that should of been out of production before 2000, ford was just trying to save a buck I guess

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

And don't get me wrong I'm not a big fan of the 3v either

Old 02-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Talking about motortrend and road and track mag, no bias there, and I've told you I've seen my friend run 12.6 with said mods, I can't give you my experience cause I bought my car in November and the track doesn't reopen till April but my bone stock mark VIII with just a 3500 stall was capable of 13.9s, 14.1 was the best I could get on street tires though, well that was a 4v with only 280hp but I will gladly post up time slips in April
Don't believe those suck as mags like motor trend.... They lie, however Im with you... This guy must live up north where the air is thinner... I'm in TX and have seen plenty 3v and 2v hit high 12 low 13s w basic mods.... I'll guaranty you I would hit low 13s in my car w my $400 in mods... I have not gone due to time/ need these tires to last (I'm in outside sales and drive a ton)
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #41
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Someone help me here.. Why would a reputable mag 'lie' about 1/4 times 0-60 times etc.. Exactly How does that work...? What would car&driver have to gain by lying about these things?
Now if you had said they don't have the best drivers, I guess you could argue that but if they didn't they wouldn't have a reputable mag that's been around a long time.. So please, enlighten me.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Also 2v are slow as hell, that's what I meant by that, old thunderbird motor that should of been out of production before 2000, ford was just trying to save a buck I guess

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

And don't get me wrong I'm not a big fan of the 3v either
Ok so why even bring up the 2v when every body on this thread is talking about the 3v??....

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Someone help me here.. Why would a reputable mag 'lie' about 1/4 times 0-60 times etc.. Exactly How does that work...? What would car&driver have to gain by lying about these things?
Now if you had said they don't have the best drivers, I guess you could argue that but if they didn't they wouldn't have a reputable mag that's been around a long time.. So please, enlighten me.
Not so much as the Mags lying as the Factories giving them prepped cars!.. Plus if you really read through them you will see that they are all a bit biased to certain brands!..
Old 02-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You must not understand how business works do you... And they don't lie per say they have been rumored to embellish or pad times/reviews on cars
Old 02-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

If this is true how are they still reputable..? It would be all over the net and other media if these mags were caught doing as you say.. I don't buy conspiracy
Old 02-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545

You must not understand how business works do you... And they don't lie per say they have been rumored to embellish or pad times/reviews on cars
I don't believe that, tho the past 7 years it seemed like motortrend was in bed with Toyota, but I find there times accurate or alittle slower

Old 02-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Because their main audience does not own/go to track events and see real world results to compare... I could b wrong... But the same rule applies to mags as Internet... Can't always believe what you read/hear/watch... But like I said maybe your right... I could be wrong
Old 02-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Because their main audience does not own/go to track events and see real world results to compare... I could b wrong... But the same rule applies to mags as Internet... Can't always believe what you read/hear/watch... But like I said maybe your right... I could be wrong
+11 on the "audience"!....
Old 02-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

What about consumer reports? That is all facts

Old 02-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol. I highly doubt Consumer Reports goes and test drives every F***ing car out there!!... Lol
Old 02-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Your right not every one, but they do test the alot of em, you'd be surprised haha i just started getting last month, as a birthday gift haha, but I did get 80 bucks cause of that mag, turns out a battery case for my iPhone was recalled and I didn't know it, if it wasn't or CR I would of never know

Old 02-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That is a deferent mag for different audience and if it rates a car it's proly on reliability and cost of ownership... I don't read it so I could b wrong
Old 02-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #52
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Your right not every one, but they do test the alot of em, you'd be surprised haha i just started getting last month, as a birthday gift haha, but I did get 80 bucks cause of that mag, turns out a battery case for my iPhone was recalled and I didn't know it, if it wasn't or CR I would of never know
Which case? I have a Mophie for my 3GS
Old 02-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Which case? I have a Mophie for my 3GS
It was the rocketfish, bestbuy brand catches on fire haha I hadnt used it and was going to sell it for 10 bucks till I saw that haha

Old 02-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That is a deferent mag for different audience and if it rates a car it's proly on reliability and cost of ownership... I don't read it so I could b wrong
+11 and they actually get their stuff from other sources!.. They don't really do their own tests!..
Old 02-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+11 and they actually get their stuff from other sources!.. They don't really do their own tests!..
I doubt that, they test every thing else why out source auto testing?

Old 02-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I doubt that, they test every thing else why out source auto testing?
Dude you must be as blind as they come!.. Do you honestly think that they are going to be able to test, even just the majority of vehicles made by the Big 3?... Let alone factor in all the other major manufactures?.. Also take into account that what they post up is almost verbatim what mags like Car & Driver post!... Plus if they themselves conduct all these test of all the products they talk about, like you say they do, how are they going to be able to test all these cars?.. Let alone in all the manners in which they report on?...

Sorry bro but you need to think outside the box once in a while!.. Lol
Old 02-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

If they outsourced the the info or stats the would have to give credit or stat where the info came from, like lets say motortrend posted some stats on a car they didn't test they would say 1/4 mile in 14.3(mftr) or (road&track) same with consumers, I don't know how this topic went from mods for an S197 to conspiracy theories from some crazy guy who has a beef with the faster 3v

Old 02-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #58
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
If they outsourced the the info or stats the would have to give credit or stat where the info came from, like lets say motortrend posted some stats on a car they didn't test they would say 1/4 mile in 14.3(mftr) or (road&track) same with consumers, I don't know how this topic went from mods for an S197 to conspiracy theories from some crazy guy who has a beef with the faster 3v
Exactly..
Old 02-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I mentioned the 2v snip, because your arguing a know fact, everybody knows a bolt on 3v can do 12s but come to Chicago if u get a chance, I'll pay for your track entrance fee, no hard feelings I'll even buy ya a beer
I want to go to chicago bad! Parents got back recently and they said they would live there ... We r from Dallas and they have never said that about any other city (they travel twice a year and have been almost all over the globe) I'd like to take my wife there soon... So I'll steal your offer
Old 02-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Route 66 is the best treated drag strip in the world btw

Old 02-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #61
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Let's get back on topic guys, please.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

I plan on running low 13s with just my brenspeed tune and JLT and idk it's an excuse to get out of the house haha

Old 02-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I plan on running low 13s with just my brenspeed tune and JLT and idk it's an excuse to get out of the house haha
I won't expect that if I were you!.. A buddy of mine has an '09 GT with a CAI, Tune, axle back, and gears!.. Five speed with a short throw and he turns in mid 13s!..

I'm not being a hater just being truthful!...

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Quote:

I won't expect that if I were you!.. A buddy of mine has an '09 GT with a CAI, Tune, axle back, and gears!.. Five speed with a short throw and he turns in mid 13s!..

I'm not being a hater just being truthful!...
I forgot to mention also Drag Radials!..
Old 02-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I never once mentioned that crappy magazine or should a say catalog, secondly I've told you repeatedly that I've seen with my own eyes friends mustangs run 12s I only mention YouTube and motortrend to strengthen my argument, all your argument is based on a few of your friends who obviously can't drive or have a tennis ball stuck under the gas pedal, but I'm done arguing believe what you want and when I post a timeslip with a video don't go crying its some kinda Internet conspiracy

Old 02-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I never once mentioned that crappy magazine or should a say catalog, secondly I've told you repeatedly that I've seen with my own eyes friends mustangs run 12s I only mention YouTube and motortrend to strengthen my argument, all your argument is based on a few of your friends who obviously can't drive or have a tennis ball stuck under the gas pedal, but I'm done arguing believe what you want and when I post a timeslip with a video don't go crying its some kinda Internet conspiracy
Lol, I'm with you 100%
Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No your just basing your info off of every other mag and YouTube!.. Lol. A true solid source of reliable information!.. Lol. Sorry bro but I don't believe that stuff!.. I only believe what I see with my own eyes!...

And believe me you will be up way past your bed time trying to get me to cry!... Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol, I'm with you 100%
Well if you ever come up to Chicago let me know, I'll show you around and if you bring the stang we can see how slow they are, I'll extend that offer to you man, that's a sweet deal to its like 60 dollars to run at rt66

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote:

No your just basing your info off of every other mag and YouTube!.. Lol. A true solid source of reliable information!.. Lol. Sorry bro but I don't believe that stuff!.. I only believe what I see with my own eyes!...

And believe me you will be up way past your bed time trying to get me to cry!... Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
I'll say one last thing to you, I've based it of real life haha and bedtime? I'm at work right now putting in overtime and everytime I check the phone is just slowing me down

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Making me stay later and even more money

Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Bump for another $1.00 n ur pocket

And I've seen high 12s as well in slightly modded 3vs(I'm in tx) location plays a huge role in 1/4 times
Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

It's almost a dollar a minute haha gotta love welding

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Bump for another $1.00 n ur pocket

And I've seen high 12s as well in slightly modded 3vs(I'm in tx) location plays a huge role in 1/4 times
And because your knowledge is now on the Internet it's dismissible

Old 02-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Haha love it... It's some what true tho :-/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT