Mod help!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
Mod help!!!

I have $2500 to spend on mods. Any suggestions on what I should do and how much hp it will get me? I was thinking cold air intake and some intense ignition coils (I think that's what they're called). Help please
Americanrwb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
GTRob504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 158
Ignition coils won't get you any better performance, and are likely to fail well before the stock coils would have.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanrwb1
I have $2500 to spend on mods. Any suggestions on what I should do and how much hp it will get me? I was thinking cold air intake and some intense ignition coils (I think that's what they're called). Help please
CAI and tuner and some 373 or 410 gears and a short throw shifter
__________________
2008 Metallic Alloy GT Convertible Premium
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler Go: FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
GTRob504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
Thank you and about how much horsepower will that increase me by?
Americanrwb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
I would buy a bunch of used stuff... Long tubes...upper and Lower control arms
Short throw, cai... Then buy a tuner from a company new
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
Ok and another question I'm unsure of. Due to the tune, does it mean I have to adjust what type of fuel I use?
Americanrwb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
You don't have to... But I highly recommend running the 93 octane race tune... The higher octane is better on ur motor and u will love the performance gain... I'm still getting 22-26 mpg w that tune... I also baby it...
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Cai and tune may yield between 20-38 rwhp. The gears will not increase HP but will get you to 60 quicker. Short throw shifter will not increase HP, but will allow faster and accurate shifting
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
This is great guys, keep it coming! I'm obviously a noob at this stuff so any info of options fire away. PLEASE! I also heard dyno tuning does work as well but recommended after you get all your mods installed.
Americanrwb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Order this book from Amazon. "weekend projects for your mustang 2005- today" ISBN # 978-0-7603-3685-4

It's got lots of good projects, explains them and tells how difficult.

You really need to do a little research before you start dropping cash. You can cause yourself trouble by installing things you don't need,but may sound cool.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charles.young10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 299
Is this going to be your daily driver?
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
Yeah exactly. That's why I decided to ask around before I do anything. May just keep it factory but seeing these rice burners and vw's getting faster and faster by the year kills me. Gotta show them a real car without dropping 50-60k on a gt500 lol

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

And yes it's my daily driver right now
Americanrwb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
You don't really need coils or bigger injectors without a supercharger or turbo or heads.

The safest is cai+tuner, mufflers, rear control arms or suspension upgrades and some cosmetic stuff.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #13
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
Yeah the cai and tuner seem to be the safest and most ideal for me. I'm not doing a super charger or turbo of nitrous or any of that stuff. So yeah that sounds like the way to start off without blowing money and good enough right know until I get more research and knowledge down pat.
Americanrwb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Seriously get this book.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1358009882.png
Views:	113
Size:	932.0 KB
ID:	39839  
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charles.young10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 299
Since its your daily driver..

I would do..

CAI and tuner - $300 to $600 (depending on brand/used or not/etc)

Sequential tail lights - $150

Some kind of exhaust, do your homework on which ones YouTube is great for that.. Depending on type/brand/etc anywhere from $250 to $1500 doubt you go full out exhaust replacement.. I wouldn't.. So around 500 is a good number..

So that's about 1200 (or so) on parts..

Next.. Would be completely up to you..

You can go for a body kit (roush/saleen/etc) that would probably eat up the rest of the money.. If any left over.. A good looking hood would be next..

Or.....

go with suspension stuff.. LCAs, lower it.. And to have some one do it for you, would probably eat up the rest of the money..

Like I said that last part is up to you.. I personally would go with the looks of the car before I started messing with suspension and stuff..
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanrwb1
Yeah exactly. That's why I decided to ask around before I do anything. May just keep it factory but seeing these rice burners and vw's getting faster and faster by the year kills me. Gotta show them a real car without dropping 50-60k on a gt500 lol

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

And yes it's my daily driver right now
I've owned vw and nissans.... Calling ur car a REAL car is ignorant ... My 04 nissans sentra ser spec v was stupid fun to drive/mod.... And it's takes 3x as much money/dedication/knowledge to build a quick import... Don't hate on another car due to motor size... The fastest cars I've been/drove in are all import... The rice burner era passed w fast and the furious now days if u see a tuner that sounds "funny" in most cases (at least In my area) are bad little cars.... The new vw golf r coming out is going to b a beast... The 09+ wrx feels quicker than a 05-09 GT... Respect anyone/anything that has soul... If I were u I'd worry about Suspension, aluminum drive shaft, aluminum fly wheel and new clutch if it's a MANual... I've seen stock motor 05-09 GTs w everything listed above (and dyno tune) run high 12s
Plus by doing what I just said it not only keeps your car reliable it makes it last longer by being more efficient...
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Roush7492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRob504
Ignition coils won't get you any better performance, and are likely to fail well before the stock coils would have.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------



CAI and tuner and some 373 or 410 gears and a short throw shifter
Agree with you just get a new exhaust system and a C+L cai and a Bama tune and some dash gauges
Roush7492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roush7492

Agree with you just get a new exhaust system and a C+L cai and a Bama tune and some dash gauges
Dash gauges for what? It's kinda rice to add gauges you don't need, boost and air/fuel are needed with a boosted car but for a basic bolt on, you don't need em
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #19
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545

I've owned vw and nissans.... Calling ur car a REAL car is ignorant ... My 04 nissans sentra ser spec v was stupid fun to drive/mod.... And it's takes 3x as much money/dedication/knowledge to build a quick import... Don't hate on another car due to motor size... The fastest cars I've been/drove in are all import... The rice burner era passed w fast and the furious now days if u see a tuner that sounds "funny" in most cases (at least In my area) are bad little cars.... The new vw golf r coming out is going to b a beast... The 09+ wrx feels quicker than a 05-09 GT... Respect anyone/anything that has soul... If I were u I'd worry about Suspension, aluminum drive shaft, aluminum fly wheel and new clutch if it's a MANual... I've seen stock motor 05-09 GTs w everything listed above (and dyno tune) run high 12s
Plus by doing what I just said it not only keeps your car reliable it makes it last longer by being more efficient...
I live in Philly man. No one here has any mods on their tuners just the fart pipe. And the only imports I can respect is European cars. Don't ask, just how I was raised in a muscle car and all American family. But your right I have seen bad A little tuners and I know that stock car racing consist of smaller motors built up so I got the grip of that. But a car doing 15 miles an hour down a street and it sounds like its doing 75 bumping about to spanish ghetto rap makes me laugh and it's straight up embarrassing. And the only reason I laugh is because I get looked at like I'm the idiot for no reason. Hey man rock with what you got but don't stare me down like I'm driving a UFO when I'm just walking down the street.

But anyways thanks for the info I think I'm gonna go in that direction. So don't go with the coil pack? They have said it'll add 10-12 horsepower to stock or semi modded engines. I also realize that they will say anything to get you to buy their product but there are good reviews on them.
Americanrwb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Re: Mod help!!!

I suggest a tune and intake with 373s or 410s and save the rest, i assume this is a tax refund right? Best to have money set aside cause once you start modding things start breaking
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #21
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
I suggest a tune and intake with 373s or 410s and save the rest, i assume this is a tax refund right? Best to have money set aside cause once you start modding things start breaking
Yeah tax return and what kinda stuff starts to break and wear? Normal wear and tear is fine but if I'm gonna have to get a new engine or something of that sort it's not worth it to me
Americanrwb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanrwb1

I live in Philly man. No one here has any mods on their tuners just the fart pipe. And the only imports I can respect is European cars. Don't ask, just how I was raised in a muscle car and all American family. But your right I have seen bad A little tuners and I know that stock car racing consist of smaller motors built up so I got the grip of that. But a car doing 15 miles an hour down a street and it sounds like its doing 75 bumping about to spanish ghetto rap makes me laugh and it's straight up embarrassing. And the only reason I laugh is because I get looked at like I'm the idiot for no reason. Hey man rock with what you got but don't stare me down like I'm driving a UFO when I'm just walking down the street.

But anyways thanks for the info I think I'm gonna go in that direction. So don't go with the coil pack? They have said it'll add 10-12 horsepower to stock or semi modded engines. I also realize that they will say anything to get you to buy their product but there are good reviews on them.
Coils don't really do anything on stock to lightly modded cars!... Trust me!... I've got them and they didnt really help much at all!.. Your best doing CAI, tune, exhaust, ect!... Maybe even do some UD pullies!..

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanrwb1

Yeah tax return and what kinda stuff starts to break and wear? Normal wear and tear is fine but if I'm gonna have to get a new engine or something of that sort it's not worth it to me
And gears!..

Doing these things helps to free up HP!.. So unless your dogging it all the time it will help to extend the life time of your motor!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #23
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Coils don't really do anything on stock to lightly modded cars!... Trust me!... I've got them and they didnt really help much at all!.. Your best doing CAI, tune, exhaust, ect!... Maybe even do some UD pullies!..

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------



And gears!..

Doing these things helps to free up HP!.. So unless your dogging it all the time it will help to extend the life time of your motor!..
You guys are awesome. Yeah the cai, tuner, and exhaust sound like the way to go. All these into 1 about how much would it cost me and how much hp gain? Also what about headers? Throw them in there too?
Americanrwb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Nothing should break, but just for the unexpected, like tires, with the mods you have more power an you probably would like to show off or enjoy it, and tires are like 600 soo ya just save some you know, that's just my advice, it's your money and you earned it
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanrwb1

You guys are awesome. Yeah the cai, tuner, and exhaust sound like the way to go. All these into 1 about how much would it cost me and how much hp gain? Also what about headers? Throw them in there too?
Check AM and see if they have some package deals!.. If you do headers make sure that you have a tune!.. Just to be safe!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #26
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545

I've owned vw and nissans.... Calling ur car a REAL car is ignorant ... My 04 nissans sentra ser spec v was stupid fun to drive/mod.... And it's takes 3x as much money/dedication/knowledge to build a quick import... Don't hate on another car due to motor size... The fastest cars I've been/drove in are all import... The rice burner era passed w fast and the furious now days if u see a tuner that sounds "funny" in most cases (at least In my area) are bad little cars.... The new vw golf r coming out is going to b a beast... The 09+ wrx feels quicker than a 05-09 GT... Respect anyone/anything that has soul... If I were u I'd worry about Suspension, aluminum drive shaft, aluminum fly wheel and new clutch if it's a MANual... I've seen stock motor 05-09 GTs w everything listed above (and dyno tune) run high 12s
Plus by doing what I just said it not only keeps your car reliable it makes it last longer by being more efficient...
I think u just admitted it takes way more money to get thouse little pos' up to speed hence making them lesser cars. And every one will agree mustangs are prolly tbe best bang for buck cars on the road. "a fool and his money are soon parted." also theres lots of "ricers" out there and there not limited to any spacific makes or models. Ricer= race inspired cosmetic enhancement ******. Please save ur tunner preatching for some other import enthuseist site hear ur around tuns of stang heads most of which honestlly can care way less about them.

Last i looked theres still lots of ppl that think just cause it looks fast it is fast and have no idea how to tune or drive a fast car

To the op u have made a good choice in a stang i would def recomend a sct or bama tunner (free tunes for life so as u mod u can keep her dialed in with out empting the bank for new dyno tunes after each mod) go 93 octane and yes youll have to run premo in her. coils are a waiste unless u have high cylender pressure ie blower turbo high compression heads/pistons etc... Id go with a full exhaust set up from MAC, cermac coated long tube o/r pro chamber and a muffler of ur choice (lots of ppl like flowmaster 40s or 44s, magna flows or borla just depends on which u like the sound of most) then prolly a nice hood front clip (like a lower spoiler clip) maybe a new spoiler on the back sell ur old stuff to reclam some cash and ur car will be nice and the sound will excite u every time u start her up. Next mods id do when u can is gears (for a dd id go 373s with the tune 410 might make driving a little to intence) u might just have enough for them and a short throw shifter if u can get ur other parts sold for enough (remember modding is all about cash control so spend wisely and reclaim when you can) if ur gears are in really good shape u may even be able to sell them. And pick up a jlt cai from AM u might get to sell ur stock air box as well which could again help get u under budjet so do the mods that will allow u to reclaim coin the fastest first (usuelly cosmetic stuff but frequent the forums ppl are looking for all kinds of stuff all the time) Hope this helped some and hope to see you on hear lots chow for now!
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #27
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk

I think u just admitted it takes way more money to get thouse little pos' up to speed hence making them lesser cars. And every one will agree mustangs are prolly tbe best bang for buck cars on the road. "a fool and his money are soon parted." also theres lots of "ricers" out there and there not limited to any spacific makes or models. Ricer= race inspired cosmetic enhancement ******. Please save ur tunner preatching for some other import enthuseist site hear ur around tuns of stang heads most of which honestlly can care way less about them.

Last i looked theres still lots of ppl that think just cause it looks fast it is fast and have no idea how to tune or drive a fast car

To the op u have made a good choice in a stang i would def recomend a sct or bama tunner (free tunes for life so as u mod u can keep her dialed in with out empting the bank for new dyno tunes after each mod) go 93 octane and yes youll have to run premo in her. coils are a waiste unless u have high cylender pressure ie blower turbo high compression heads/pistons etc... Id go with a full exhaust set up from MAC, cermac coated long tube o/r pro chamber and a muffler of ur choice (lots of ppl like flowmaster 40s or 44s, magna flows or borla just depends on which u like the sound of most) then prolly a nice hood front clip (like a lower spoiler clip) maybe a new spoiler on the back sell ur old stuff to reclam some cash and ur car will be nice and the sound will excite u every time u start her up. Next mods id do when u can is gears (for a dd id go 373s with the tune 410 might make driving a little to intence) u might just have enough for them and a short throw shifter if u can get ur other parts sold for enough (remember modding is all about cash control so spend wisely and reclaim when you can) if ur gears are in really good shape u may even be able to sell them. And pick up a jlt cai from AM u might get to sell ur stock air box as well which could again help get u under budjet so do the mods that will allow u to reclaim coin the fastest first (usuelly cosmetic stuff but frequent the forums ppl are looking for all kinds of stuff all the time) Hope this helped some and hope to see you on hear lots chow for now!
...You my friend... Have made my day. Thank you for everything and the ricer comments cracked me up. Thanks bro!
Americanrwb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Intake, tune, catback and midpipe, shifter, gears and a throttle body.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #29
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanrwb1

...You my friend... Have made my day. Thank you for everything and the ricer comments cracked me up. Thanks bro!
No problem. Glade i could help if u have any questions theres lots of highly knowledgable ppl on hear ( take T.H. For example, guys a god send when it comes to push rodders) my only real problem is i have a bit of a temper and my spelling sux a$$ so if u can get over that im not to bad a wrencher.

For all others on the site pls try and remeber this is "mustang evolution" not "we love cars and bunnys lets talk" keep it to prasing stangs (and slaming everything else if u have to) is better then comming into these uncomfortable conversations. u know like when ur half retarded uncle is drooling while staring at ur tits and u have to explain why thats wrong.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #30
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk

No problem. Glade i could help if u have any questions theres lots of highly knowledgable ppl on hear ( take T.H. For example, guys a god send when it comes to push rodders) my only real problem is i have a bit of a temper and my spelling sux a$$ so if u can get over that im not to bad a wrencher.

For all others on the site pls try and remeber this is "mustang evolution" not "we love cars and bunnys lets talk" keep it to prasing stangs (and slaming everything else if u have to) is better then comming into these uncomfortable conversations. u know like when ur half retarded uncle is drooling while staring at ur tits and u have to explain why thats wrong.
I agree. Mustang all the way if not mustang please buy American lol. Although I hate Chevy buy that before a foreign car
Americanrwb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #31
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanrwb1

I agree. Mustang all the way if not mustang please buy American lol. Although I hate Chevy buy that before a foreign car
+1
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
sinister07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Region: California
Posts: 379
Re: Mod help!!!

I agree with several posts- CAI, tuner, shifter, gears. Put set of slicks on the back, and you could easily be in the high 12's. That would leave you enough cash for pretty stuff like billet interior or whatever. Save the dyno tune for when you have really modded the car. The bigger tune shops like BAMA have the science down pat, so their tunes are right every time.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
sinister07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister07
I agree with several posts- CAI, tuner, shifter, gears. Put set of slicks on the back, and you could easily be in the high 12's. That would leave you enough cash for pretty stuff like billet interior or whatever. Save the dyno tune for when you have really modded the car. The bigger tune shops like BAMA have the science down pat, so their tunes are right every time.
I don't know about 12s but mid 13s is possible!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
This is my 6th Stang... (and slowest btw) im no newb to stangs and or their closed minded followers... and a fox body is best bang for buck... Although some say older hondas are best bang for buck to get to low 12s (I don't know for sure) I'm a mustang/ford first... My point was don't knock someone based on brand w/o knowing what all they have done ... To each their own...
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
12s are possible with just 410s and slicks, my buddy was running 12.6s with a tune CAI headers and gears, this ain't no slow 2V
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best exterior mod? MarshallYoung 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 19 02-02-2012 05:31 AM
2011 5.0 Next Mod Suggestions? doug5.0 2011-2014 Mustang GT 7 01-11-2012 08:28 PM
Check out this Mustang's MOD motor! Trojan Horse Pictures and Videos 5 10-29-2011 12:39 PM
First Mod Suggestions? illestdomer2005 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 34 07-19-2011 06:17 AM
The greatest most difficult and most expensive mod of all time jbanks 1996-2004 Mustang GT 34 07-02-2011 06:06 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:16 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.