Hp - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Hp

What would I have to do to my 06 mustang to make 350 hp
Killastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
You could get better heads, bore the cylinders and put in bigger pistons, then stroker kit. Might be more then 350hp... probably cost around 5k. If you want even more, get forged internals and slap on a Turbo that'll be 5-8k more and around 450hp
KM98Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM98Stang
You could get better heads, bore the cylinders and put in bigger pistons, then stroker kit. Might be more then 350hp... probably cost around 5k. If you want even more, get forged internals and slap on a Turbo that'll be 5-8k more and around 450hp
Lol what are you talking about... It does not take near that much work to get that kind of power...
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545

Lol what are you talking about... It does not take near that much work to get that kind of power...
If your gonna do engine work you might as well do it all so your not constantly taking it apart for new mods. Stroking that v8 first thing (as well as beefing the trans) is the best bet, I think.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I really don't want to tear apart my motor right now. It only has 27000 mi on it
Killastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killastang
I really don't want to tear apart my motor right now. It only has 27000 mi on it
I mean you could get a lighter overdrive pulley, CAI, bigger throttle body/spacer, and improve your exhaust for better flow...
Old 02-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Or build up your Suspension for hard launches

Long tube headers

Cai / tune

Off road mid pipe and cat back

And track time... You can be plenty quick w that set up
Old 02-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: Hp

you want the HP to the motor or to the ground? big price differences, full bolts will easily put you to 350 maybe more but RWHP will be at 290-320

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
you want the HP to the motor or to the ground? big price differences, full bolts will easily put you to 350 maybe more but RWHP will be at 290-320
Guy that owns a mustang club in Dallas has a 07 Shelby GT (not GT500) his car from factory is no different than a stock gt (power wise)other than FRPP ... He has JLT, CMDP, long tubes, cat back... And dyno tuned. He was over 320 wrhp
Old 02-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
I agree.... Two entirely different worlds! I have full bolt ons minus heads and am at 340 rwhp. You want 350+ at the wheels the forced induction IMO is the best way to go. By the time you've bought all the bolt on parts you could've payed for the supercharger and end up with less total hp.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545 View Post
Guy that owns a mustang club in Dallas has a 07 Shelby GT (not GT500) his car from factory is no different than a stock gt (power wise)other than FRPP ... He has JLT, CMDP, long tubes, cat back... And dyno tuned. He was over 320 wrhp
The Shelby GT has Ford CAI and 93 tune. so it is different power wise.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

A lil off there. I have a 07 SGT and it comes wit the 93 tune, FRPP cai, custom tune for ur exhaust (also custom built wit x-pipe) and the ford handling package (Lowering springs, front and rear sway bars, tower bars etc). It's WAY different than a stock GT of the same year. These cars came wit somewhere between 319-329 hp out of the factory (not exactly sure on the numbers there). It's possible that this guy took some hp away by switching some of the things he already had on his car. Also messing wit the tune it already came wit.
Watchawow07SGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchawow07SGT

A lil off there. I have a 07 SGT and it comes wit the 93 tune, FRPP cai, custom tune for ur exhaust (also custom built wit x-pipe) and the ford handling package (Lowering springs, front and rear sway bars, tower bars etc). It's WAY different than a stock GT of the same year. These cars came wit somewhere between 319-329 hp out of the factory (not exactly sure on the numbers there). It's possible that this guy took some hp away by switching some of the things he already had on his car. Also messing wit the tune it already came wit.
My phone deleted some of my post lol... That's why it said FRPP.... Stupid iPhone, I know all about your/his car... And it does not come w that much power at all! Ur correct on mods but the handling pack is not hp mods and the cai and tune are very weak... I promise you it's not that much more than a stock GT... Power wise
Old 02-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My phone deleted some of my post lol... That's why it said FRPP.... Stupid iPhone, I know all about your/his car... And it does not come w that much power at all! Ur correct on mods but the handling pack is not hp mods and the cai and tune are very weak... I promise you it's not that much more than a stock GT... Power wise
http://www.mustangheaven.com/stangsp...07shelbygt.htm

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ew?redirect=no

First one states the SGT comes with 325, 25 more than a stock GT. Second one states it comes wit 319, 19 more than a stock GT. Not sure which one is rite but yeah. 19-25 hp more is still pretty good.

And as far as the handling pack comment, I didn't mean it added hp, I meant it helps with the ride as far as aerodynamics.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going off dyno sheets I've seen in person... His car dynoed 273 b4 any mods if I remember right... And some GTs have done that... But I think average is 260+ so it's equivalent to have a "stock" gt w a tune... btw when my dad was looking at a Shelby gt the sticker did not show a higher hp ... I don't think ... The bullet is basically set up the same way as the Shelby power wise right? The tune from ford is only to allow for larger maf housing... Not power... That's why the SCT/bama tunes on those cars still give power gains

I could be wrong... Not saying this is fact... I tend to mess up information that is given to me. Kinda like tim the tool man

I still think I'm right though
Old 02-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm going off dyno sheets I've seen in person... His car dynoed 273 b4 any mods if I remember right... And some GTs have done that... But I think average is 260+ so it's equivalent to have a "stock" gt w a tune... btw when my dad was looking at a Shelby gt the sticker did not show a higher hp ... I don't think ... The bullet is basically set up the same way as the Shelby power wise right? The tune from ford is only to allow for larger maf housing... Not power... That's why the SCT/bama tunes on those cars still give power gains

I could be wrong... Not saying this is fact... I tend to mess up information that is given to me. Kinda like tim the tool man

I still think I'm right though
Tim the tool man... That's awesome!
The bullet was rated at 315 just like the 2010s due to the factory cold air intake and different tune. That's why they were rated higher.... However we all know how ford leaves a lot on the table with their tunes! I've seen a stock 2010 pick up 15rwhp with just tuning.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion11197

Tim the tool man... That's awesome!
The bullet was rated at 315 just like the 2010s due to the factory cold air intake and different tune. That's why they were rated higher.... However we all know how ford leaves a lot on the table with their tunes! I've seen a stock 2010 pick up 15rwhp with just tuning.
Speaking of tuning stock cars... This is going to sound nuts... I don't believe what I'm about to say.... However I Met a owner of a Dallas area import shop (this guy is stupid good at tuning imports) he specializes in Nissan GTRs (people fly in their GTRs to have him tune them) I know for a fact this it true... His personal GTR has 2500 hp. Now for the yea right part: he informed me he believes he can pull up to 60rwhp out of a s197 stock.... He is $600 an hour and that's why I have not gone to see him... What do y'all think possible maybe?
Old 02-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

Speaking of tuning stock cars... This is going to sound nuts... I don't believe what I'm about to say.... However I Met a owner of a Dallas area import shop (this guy is stupid good at tuning imports) he specializes in Nissan GTRs (people fly in their GTRs to have him tune them) I know for a fact this it true... His personal GTR has 2500 hp. Now for the yea right part: he informed me he believes he can pull up to 60rwhp out of a s197 stock.... He is $600 an hour and that's why I have not gone to see him... What do y'all think possible maybe?
Eh, might be possible with the most ridiculous timing, 93 octane, and just really aggressive and unusable on the street.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
60hp for 600 dollars is a good deal if he can dyno tune it in an hour

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:18 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

A lot of you guys get caught up in the advertisement number game. That's fun, but it's not accurate. The BEST way for you to get a idea of how much HP/Performance you have, is to Dyno. And "Dyno" calculators are not ALL the same either. When you guys really get into the actual "real"numbers, you will find that those "said" numbers are not all that Astronomically high. Biggest mistake, is first assuming your stock HP is a certain number without actual proof, then keep adding and adding the advertised "Add-on" numbers. They keep adding these Add-on numbers up together, without any proof, and on paper they have added 500-600HP, with no type of Dyno proof but reallistically only have maybe 320HP. I'm just saying.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

This is a dyno tune... I'm just telling you what he told me...
Old 02-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545 View Post
My comment was "GENERAL", to everyone, not specifically to that guy on the thread. If you look around on these threads, you'll see tons of people who have incredible Super high HP numbers, on their car and in reality, the Car can not handle that kind of Power if it was even possible for them to put that kind of power in it.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

It's not the sum of all advertised "gains". The basic tune and cai are definitely the biggest bang over stock. But many mods have HP gain claims, but many of those claims are only true if done in conjunction with other mods.

If someone with access to a dyno would progressively dyno an S197 after each mod and document the changes, it would be awesome to how each bolt on changed HP and torque.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
It's not the sum of all advertised "gains". The basic tune and cai are definitely the biggest bang over stock. But many mods have HP gain claims, but many of those claims are only true if done in conjunction with other mods.

If someone with access to a dyno would progressively dyno an S197 after each mod and document the changes, it would be awesome to how each bolt on changed HP and torque.
That is True "Aggiesrok", and I wish someone do that, but no one has, and it does cost a few dollars to get "Dyno Tunes" done. This is the main reason why I do not get excited about the comments on threads on how much HP people are pulling, but some of them, not all, are Annoying. One of the biggest Annoyence to me is the "SLEEPER" cowboys, they Brag about that like it was some Online Email that said it the greatest thing in the World to have a "Sleeper Car". WTF? They got their chest stuck all the way out saying "I got a Sleeper Car". WGAF? I'm just saying.LOL.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Also, keep in mind that peak HP numbers are relatively meaningless. Saying your car makes 350 hp to the wheels doesn't really mean anything. It's the shape of the HP (AND TQ) curve that really matters.

A lot of mods may increase your peak HP higher in the RPM range, but they take away somewhere else, so it's not as simple as bolting on some part & saying it added X HP because it may have taken away just as much somewhere else. The ultimate result is little to no change in the car.

The only "power" difference between a standard GT & a Shelby GT is intake & tune. Put the same ford racing intake & tune on the standard GT & you have the same power output as the Shelby GT.
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hmmm...... I think 60rwhp might be a bit of a stretch.... I've seen some of the better, well known tuners that have street able, safe tunes, that pick up anywhere from 15-20 or so rwhp. I have full bolt ons minus heads and picked up right at 60 rwhp.... I just don't see it on untouched all stock car.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I'll talk to him again... If he can do it... I know plenty of guys that will jump on it if it's true
Old 02-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT
The only "power" difference between a standard GT & a Shelby GT is intake & tune. Put the same ford racing intake & tune on the standard GT & you have the same power output as the Shelby GT.
Uhh noo. Ur forgetting the exhaust, gear ratio, and short throw shifter, ford handling package. Even though those don't add "power" they still help ur 1/4 mile time.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchawow07SGT View Post
Uhh noo. Ur forgetting the exhaust, gear ratio, and short throw shifter, ford handling package. Even though those don't add "power" they still help ur 1/4 mile time.
No, I wasn't forgetting about them. As you noted, they don't add power; I was only commenting on power differences, which is why i have power in quotes.

The Shelby GT is not a 1/4 mile car; it's more of an auto-x/roadcourse car which is what most of the Shelby GT's mods are geared toward...I've driven & competed against many Shelby GT's so I am quite familiar with the cars...

Furthermore, the rearend on the Shelby GT comes with 3.55's which is one of the stock gearing options on a standard GT (along with 3.27's or 3.31's, I don't remember which). The Bullitt is the only one that comes with 3.73's.
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
I raced my buddy inhis Shelby gt in my 08 gt on the interstate and he was barely Pulling on me... All I have is an axleback exhaust
wyostang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

NOS, $600 bucks, 2 hours, done

white2011gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT