projector headlight help! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
projector headlight help!

Hey guys I got some projector headlights and I need to know wat wire to tap into to power the halo and led bar...the instructions included suck. Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120208_234838.png
Views:	326
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	40331
wyostang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #2

Region: Michigan
Re: projector headlight help!

The halo should be tapped to the front park light wire.
Rainson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

So is that the plug and play harness or the actual bulb on the blinker light? Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #4

Region: Michigan
Re: projector headlight help!

Not sure what that plug and play harness looks like, but I had to splice wires when I did mine.
Rainson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainson
Not sure what that plug and play harness looks like, but I had to splice wires when I did mine.
Okay cause there was a harness on my turn signal that plugs in and also a harness with a bulb lol did u just wire lead to lead and ground to ground?
Old 02-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
You can wire them up to any thing you want. The halo ring is tie into the marker light and you could tie the led bar into the turn signals if u want it to blink or marker light or to come on with the reg headlights. It's all about wat u want them to do
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Black99Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black99Snake
You can wire them up to any thing you want. The halo ring is tie into the marker light and you could tie the led bar into the turn signals if u want it to blink or marker light or to come on with the reg headlights. It's all about wat u want them to do
I just want the halo and led bar to be solid wen I have my running lights on out when my headlights are on
Old 02-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Then u need to figure out which wire is for your makers n not turn signal there should b four wires maybe three wires on your markers just unplug the bulb and use a test light till you find the right one. Sorry i can't tell you specific wire colors I haven't done a 05+ but I have wired several cars with these aftermarket lights
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Old 02-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black99Snake
Then u need to figure out which wire is for your makers n not turn signal there should b four wires maybe three wires on your markers just unplug the bulb and use a test light till you find the right one. Sorry i can't tell you specific wire colors I haven't done a 05+ but I have wired several cars with these aftermarket lights
So in words I have to cut into each write and test for voltage
Old 02-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

No just unplug the bulb and stick the test light into plug.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Good luck with those aftermarket lights. They looks awesome but you might put your fist through the wall when you try to adjust the low and high beams. I had two pair of lights and both internal adjuster mechanisms inside of the housings are crap plastic and max out before you get the angle just right. Also you cannot adjust these when mounted on the car. Would up back with stock lights after two weekends of messing with them.
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler Go: FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
GTRob504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRob504
Good luck with those aftermarket lights. They looks awesome but you might put your fist through the wall when you try to adjust the low and high beams. I had two pair of lights and both internal adjuster mechanisms inside of the housings are crap plastic and max out before you get the angle just right. Also you cannot adjust these when mounted on the car. Would up back with stock lights after two weekends of messing with them.
The plugs don't even fit.... Bout ready to shoot them with my .357....also come to find out I have "stock??" Hids
Old 02-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Your gonna have to cut plugs off the new lights and splice them into the car harness that's how we did that at our shop when we had customers come in with after market lights

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT