Mustang 2007 Modifications. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Guess what??

Just bought DBA front and rear rotors, hawk front and rear pads, tokico front and rear struts, ford racing p-springs, ford racing strut brace and camber plates
MustangCaracas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 07:00 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Mustang 2007 Modifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangCaracas View Post
Hi guys!

Remember that we discussed BBK's Throtle body efficence? Well, just read that it increases 10 - 15 RWHP.

If i have Steeda's CAI and SCT tuner, my rwhp will be increased to 35 - 40, or im wrong?

Also got Tri ax Short Shifter and 4.10 gear.
What "Sinister07 " said was accurate, what he didn't add to that is: Because of that chnage you did, the Gears and the Tri-Ax shifter, is the reason you are going to feel a HUGE difference in your car. The Throttle body, is not the reason you will feel the difference you going to get. Enjoy it anyway, and it will feel like a totally different car. Watch the rear Tires.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #38

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister07 View Post
A good shifter is the FIRST mod I would do. I've had the Hurst, which is good, but the ones from Barton, Pro 5.0 and Steeda are are good, too. Top it off with a custom knob from GrabberPony and you've done well.
GrabberPony.com (Powered by CubeCart)
GrabberPony.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Hello guys!

Now, im about to buy cams, x and headers.

Would like to hear your suggestions!

Till now, my package is:

Comp cams 127200
Bbk LT
BBK Shorty o/r x

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

By the way, the difference between ceramic coated and traditional is worthy?
Old 04-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #40
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangCaracas
Hello guys!

Now, im about to buy cams, x and headers.

Would like to hear your suggestions!

Till now, my package is:

Comp cams 127200
Bbk LT
BBK Shorty o/r x

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

By the way, the difference between ceramic coated and traditional is worthy?
The reason ceramic coated is better is because it helps keep the temperature underneath the hood down. I will buy ceramic coated headers when I buy mine

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

The reason ceramic coated is better is because it helps keep the temperature underneath the hood down. I will buy ceramic coated headers when I buy mine
Cool!

And what about the other stuff?
Old 04-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #42
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I have an offroad x and love it, more power and sounds awesome, can't say much about the cams though, don't know a whole lot about them

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Comp cams are pretty good cams from what I hear

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I have an offroad x and love it, more power and sounds awesome, can't say much about the cams though, don't know a whole lot about them

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Comp cams are pretty good cams from what I hear
Perfect!

Im pretty interest in SLP axle back exhaust!
Love that sound
Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Borii

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
Either or, the 3.73s are good, and the 3.90s if you can find them are good, I have 4.10, they are Kick@$$, but on HWY I did lose some MPGs.
I lost highway MPG as well but picked up a few in the city since the engine labors less.

Quote:
I would like to get 4.10
Just read that the acceleration is brutal but the top speed gets decreased

I have no problem with that
4.10s and no other mods, alone, will make you cheese!!

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Hi guys!

Remember that we discussed BBK's Throtle body efficence? Well, just read that it increases 10 - 15 RWHP.

If i have Steeda's CAI and SCT tuner, my rwhp will be increased to 35 - 40, or im wrong?

Also got Tri ax Short Shifter and 4.10 gear.
10 - 15 RWHP if on a S/C or Turbo vehicle. Or, a highly modified (heads for example) N/A engine. Otherwise, you will see 0 to 5 RWHP. Such a small amount that a heat soaked run would negate it's gains.

Also, RWHP is NOT collective. You do not get 20 from this, and 40 from that usually. You get a slightly lower sum than the combined gains advertised. With a great tune & CAI you may see 20-30WHP realistically with higher gains being possible simply on that dyno, that day. 4.10s allow you to utilize your power more efficiently. The 4.10s combined with a 93 race tune and CAI will transform the car into what seems like a completely different car.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post
I lost highway MPG as well but picked up a few in the city since the engine labors less.

4.10s and no other mods, alone, will make you cheese!!

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

10 - 15 RWHP if on a S/C or Turbo vehicle. Or, a highly modified (heads for example) N/A engine. Otherwise, you will see 0 to 5 RWHP. Such a small amount that a heat soaked run would negate it's gains.

Also, RWHP is NOT collective. You do not get 20 from this, and 40 from that usually. You get a slightly lower sum than the combined gains advertised. With a great tune & CAI you may see 20-30WHP realistically with higher gains being possible simply on that dyno, that day. 4.10s allow you to utilize your power more efficiently. The 4.10s combined with a 93 race tune and CAI will transform the car into what seems like a completely different car.
I have said that soo many times, to people (Not quite stated the same way), but they just don't hear, soo many times they want to swear to you to buy this or that Throtle or these Injectors or these UD Pulleys and you'll have a Billion HP. The shop that I deal with, I trust totally and they tell me Honestly what makes a difference, and what's just spending money for nothing, they also tell me what makes what difference with what! Ex. There are things that make a big difference with Modified Engines SC,NOS,Cams etc. But those same things on a N/A Engine will do nothing.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Borii

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
I have said that soo many times, to people (Not quite stated the same way), but they just don't hear, soo many times they want to swear to you to buy this or that Throtle or these Injectors or these UD Pulleys and you'll have a Billion HP. The shop that I deal with, I trust totally and they tell me Honestly what makes a difference, and what's just spending money for nothing, they also tell me what makes what difference with what! Ex. There are things that make a big difference with Modified Engines SC,NOS,Cams etc. But those same things on a N/A Engine will do nothing.
I attribute this to people everywhere, online, in real life or otherwise, only "listening" to what they want to hear. In a car forum, people want numbers.

Dynos are only relatively accurate if you continue to take your car to the same dyno to have a baseline and see gains on THAT dyno. The only consistent measure of increased power is E.T.'s. You run 15.0, add an exhaust run a 14.7, then you know that it helped, assuming the rest of your slip was consistent enough to show a true difference.

People want to justify their expensive card mods with numbers and placebo effects.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Another thing to keep in mind is hp does not always equate to speed... U can have a 300hp mustang against another 300hp mustang ... Same years and everything but if one of the stangs is running a blue print and balanced motor that has been tuned to perfection it will walk the other... Just an example
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:34 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post
I attribute this to people everywhere, online, in real life or otherwise, only "listening" to what they want to hear. In a car forum, people want numbers.

Dynos are only relatively accurate if you continue to take your car to the same dyno to have a baseline and see gains on THAT dyno. The only consistent measure of increased power is E.T.'s. You run 15.0, add an exhaust run a 14.7, then you know that it helped, assuming the rest of your slip was consistent enough to show a true difference.

People want to justify their expensive card mods with numbers and placebo effects.
+11.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT