Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What could be causing a loud popping under my dash and behind the stereo?

11K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  06Ghost 
#1 ·
It started about a week ago. And now it happens every time I change the heater or ac from the defog/defrost mode back to the off position on the dial to change air flow direction. Or if I go from floor back to the off position. It's also only when I go back to the off position. It makes a loud annoying popping sound, and it makes about 5 or 6 pops and then stops. Its a 2006 mustang GT. Has anyone experienced this before, know how to fix it, or what is causing this?

#2 ·
it is you a/c pump clutch engaging and disengaging, the ac pump even comes on for the window defog setting because it pulls moisture out of the air.. COMPLETELY NORMAL ... I keep my car out of the a/c and window defog settings just so I don't have to hear that pop every so often !!

#3 ·
It is a electronic switch in the dash that switch the valve from floor to defrost my wife expedition was makin that same poppin noise in the rear of the suv I unplugged the switch and now no more poppin but the heat or air only comes out of the roof with that unplugged it want change it to the floor but no more popping

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

06Ghost said:
It is a electronic switch in the dash that switch the valve from floor to defrost my wife expedition was makin that same poppin noise in the rear of the suv I unplugged the switch and now no more poppin but the heat or air only comes out of the roof with that unplugged it want change it to the floor but no more popping
But that's exactly what it is don't know what u call it tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.