Keeping your pony well maintained? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Keeping your pony well maintained?

Just curious what the best route is to take when it comes to keeping your mustang in perfect, running condition? My GT has just under 90,000 miles on it (the majority of them being highway), and she runs like a champ, but I still want to keep everything in pristine condition (or as close as possible).

Are 30k mile tune-ups really necessary? What should I be looking for/doing in terms of maintenance?
ghst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghst
Just curious what the best route is to take when it comes to keeping your mustang in perfect, running condition? My GT has just under 90,000 miles on it (the majority of them being highway), and she runs like a champ, but I still want to keep everything in pristine condition (or as close as possible).

Are 30k mile tune-ups really necessary? What should I be looking for/doing in terms of maintenance?
Absolutely 30k tune-ups are necessary. The reason you change the fluids is because they lubricate metal components. Over time these break down and you're essentially runnin water in you engine, tranny, etc. (not literally but it's about the best way I can think to put it). I'm also a maintenance nazi, but it will most definitely prolong the life of your car.

Check your owners manual to find all the routine maintenance

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: Keeping your pony well maintained?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Absolutely 30k tune-ups are necessary. The reason you change the fluids is because they lubricate metal components. Over time these break down and you're essentially runnin water in you engine, tranny, etc. (not literally but it's about the best way I can think to put it). I'm also a maintenance nazi, but it will most definitely prolong the life of your car.

Check your owners manual to find all the routine maintenance
I agree! The Ford dealer here usually sends me a reminder with a coupon near oil change time. I let them look it over from top to bottom and they usually test the fluids and say this is nearing replacement. Then I go and do it myself. The oil change is a wash.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT