complete handling and lowering kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #1

Region: Canada
complete handling and lowering kit

I am having the Eibach Sport system plus and lowering kit installed and was curious about opinions on having to replace the upper strut mounts.
My ride is an 07 GT.
My mechanic suggested replacing new upper strut mounts but I was curious what others have done.
redfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 05:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I am surprised that the kit didn't come with strut mounts. Yes it's very common and recommended not to re use the strut mounts.
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler Go: FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
GTRob504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #3

Region: Florida
You can either do the GT500 strut mounts or get the J&M caster and camber plates. Depends on how much you dropped. I did the caster and camber plates so I don those my tires over time. The thing I hate the most from the factory mounts is that the bolts and screws are very weak and you have to watch closely how much torque you put into them or they will easily snap.
MrStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
The Steeda HD strut mounts were recommended to me. I can definitely see the wisdom in going that way. They are kinda pricey, but important enough that I've delayed my suspension plans until I can afford to do it right (koni shocks and struts, steeda sport springs & hd strut mounts and an adjustable pan hard bar)
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: complete handling and lowering kit

I have run both the J&M and the Steeda Strut Mounts here is my opinion of both

The J&M has a simpler solid construction that allows for more +_- camber adjustment. They are easier to install . They provide a slighter rougher ride.. meaning there is not as much isolation of the strut withing the mount. you can feel the road better.

The Steed mounts are slightly mor involved to install and mount as you have to line up all of the internal parts , that only get seated when you tighten the strut nut. These provide an additional rubber isolate that softens up the feel a bit. These include a disc type bearing and o -rings that overtime, can fail and will need replacement.
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler Go: FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
GTRob504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #6

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRob504
I have run both the J&M and the Steeda Strut Mounts here is my opinion of both

The J&M has a simpler solid construction that allows for more +_- camber adjustment. They are easier to install . They provide a slighter rougher ride.. meaning there is not as much isolation of the strut withing the mount. you can feel the road better.

The Steed mounts are slightly mor involved to install and mount as you have to line up all of the internal parts , that only get seated when you tighten the strut nut. These provide an additional rubber isolate that softens up the feel a bit. These include a disc type bearing and o -rings that overtime, can fail and will need replacement.
My alignment came out perfect with the J&M's and where easy to install.
MrStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT