sad day need help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #1

Region: California
sad day need help

unfortunately i have to get rid of my 06 gt but have no idea where to start when picking a price i want to be reasonable and know i am going to lose a ton but at the same time cant afford to give it away anyone have any ideas where to start i have an 06 Gt 4.6L the major mods include

6 speed transmission

BBk Twin power-plus 62mm throttle body

Squires twin turbo system

Fore fuel rails

Zone-5 fuel pump driver modual

GT500 engine oil pump

Stage 2 comp blower cams

Mcleod racing clutch twin disc RXT

SCT XCAL3 handheld tuner

Duel fuel Pump

any ideas where to start would be much appreciated
kcaito23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
prob not what you put in it,check ebay or some other site for what cars like yours go for.hell if i wasnt sending two kids to colledge at one time i would buy it!!!,good luck i hope you get what you want out of it.
06rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #3

Re: sad day need help

yea im def going to lose my shirt i would never sell but i got orders to the east coast and my wife wont let me sell hers .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #4

Region: Nevada
Take it out, and sell it all separately. That's my honest opinion. Ill buy half of that from you if you are that serious about it
Parlanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #5

unfortunately i dont have any of the stock stuff sold it all and i would have to pay someone to take most of it out
Old 04-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #6

Region: Nevada
Ohhhhh well, unfortunately. From anything I've sold, I take every part and cut its original price in half, calculate that up and add it to the KBB price
Parlanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #7

alright brother thanks for the input
Old 04-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Try 22k

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #9

Ill start with that I just felt like going in the 20's I'd have a really hard time selling it. But I guess I have to find someone who knows what they're buying
Old 04-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Unfortunately you have a hard time if it was stock as well. Gas prices this high and crappy economy will make it hard to sell

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
It would take twenty to buy mine and my mods arnt sheet compared to urs.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:05 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaito23
yea im def going to lose my shirt i would never sell but i got orders to the east coast and my wife wont let me sell hers .
You can't ship it? That's what I did, and I got stationed in stupid South Dakota. Haha my stang sits in storage half the year.

It sucks, but all the time and $ you put into it won't help you sell it for more. Just help you sell it quicker at a regular GT price

Grabber orange is NOT yellow!!!
dimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

fine out what NADA private party is and KBB private party is, try that. You can ask more with the mods but mods dont add value really. You may get lucky with it and find someone that wants mods and they are willing to deal.

Mods are seen as issues to deal with by most people as who knows how they were done etc etc so any documentation on professional installs would loo good.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Wish there was an organization to help solders keep their possessions while being deployed, b it war or training...
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
Wish there was an organization to help solders keep their possessions while being deployed, b it war or training...
Government has no respect for vets. I'm charged an extra $15 on license plates (x6) just bc they say I'm a vet.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If u know how to work the system they do.... Guy I went to school with has made a living off gov money (by Being a vet) a CRAZY amount of money... What he is doing is sketchy tho
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #17

Thanks for all the responses, to the Guy that mentioned sshipping I have 2 cars aand can't afford to ship them both. I understand the mods don't add much value but we're talking about 18000 dollars with of mods there is no way.I can just let it go for blue book who knows maybe I can convince the wife to let me Jude some credit cards to ship it
Old 04-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Are you selling it because you want to or because you have to??... I was active duty for 5years and the Army paid me to move my car!.. They also paid to have all my stuff packed for me and moved for me!..

Just scratching my head as to why so many in active duty seem to think they always have to sell their rides when moving!.. Especially after putting so much time and money into it!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #19

I'm a marine the marine corps. Pays tto have all house hold items moved . However vehicles and animals are on the individual marine. I have two dogs and 2 cars my wife's car is brand new. Unfortunately that means the mustang has to go.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm a marine the marine corps. Pays tto have all house hold items moved . However vehicles and animals are on the individual marine. I have two dogs and 2 cars my wife's car is brand new. Unfortunately that means the mustang has to go.
Thank you for your service, hope it all works out for ya.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Government has no respect for vets. I'm charged an extra $15 on license plates (x6) just bc they say I'm a vet.
I know the feeling! I have 2 cars with Vet tags, Dual Vets! LoL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
Are you selling it because you want to or because you have to??... I was active duty for 5years and the Army paid me to move my car!.. They also paid to have all my stuff packed for me and moved for me!..

Just scratching my head as to why so many in active duty seem to think they always have to sell their rides when moving!.. Especially after putting so much time and money into it!...
They paid to move mine as well. Dity move is a lot of fun and makes you more moneys than Gov transportation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaito23 View Post
Wow, who would of thought that the Marine would shaft you guys like that. Single soldier I could understand but a married one with 2 cars, sheeesh. Im glad the Army understands it all.
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
MiGT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are you moving from stateside to stateside?.. If so then why not just drive it there yourself?.. You already said your going to take a loss in selling it!.. Personally I would rather take a loss and keep the car then take a loss and not have it!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Why not just pay to have it stored in your current city at a storage facility then when things settle down where ever your going fly back to get your car and rent a u haul one way with trailer and drive it to your new city I know it sounds a little expensive but I figure its alot better than selling your awesome stang!

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Are you moving from stateside to stateside?.. If so then why not just drive it there yourself?.. You already said your going to take a loss in selling it!.. Personally I would rather take a loss and keep the car then take a loss and not have it!..
Damn beat me to it!!!
Mr. SoloDolo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT