Trading v6 for gt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Trading v6 for gt

So i decided to trade in the sixer for a gt, i have my eyes on one of two, one is an 05 lime green gt with the premium pckg. With 32,000 miles on it automatic, 16,000 dollars. Or an 07 white gt, 5 speed with 32,000 miles on it for 22,000 dollars. Mine is an 07 v6, with 69,000 on it, i plan on taking off the rims on mine and putting them on the gt, which ever one i get. So what do u guys think i should get for a trade in value on mine
dolfin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Trading v6 for gt

Do a quick kbb for your area to get a rough idea of what it's worth. It's hard to give you a price right now as there are so many factors ~ where you live, is yours an auto or manual, deluxe or premium, etc.

I'm sure you could get that price down on that 07..if they don't want to budge on asking price then demand more for your trade. Never pay the asking price, and never take what they offer you for your trade.

Both cars have low miles for the years, but damn that 05 seems pretty cheap, even for an auto. Either way I say go with a manual car...even though you can tune those autos there's nothing like banging through those gears

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
Do a quick kbb for your area to get a rough idea of what it's worth. It's hard to give you a price right now as there are so many factors ~ where you live, is yours an auto or manual, deluxe or premium, etc.

I'm sure you could get that price down on that 07..if they don't want to budge on asking price then demand more for your trade. Never pay the asking price, and never take what they offer you for your trade.

Both cars have low miles for the years, but damn that 05 seems pretty cheap, even for an auto. Either way I say go with a manual car...even though you can tune those autos there's nothing like banging through those gears
Yeah, i want the manual to so much fun to drive, i spoke with one guy over the phone said my car was worth about 9,000. I told him the blue book was at 12,000. So we wil see
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

The '07 was built after Ford straightened out the dash gauge problems.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I was able to get 11k for my 06 Legend Lime 4.0 last year. It had 74k on it and was with 5 spd and Pony Pkg. Work them a little bit. If you can squeeze out 10k and get the 07 GT to 20k and below I think you would be in business.
MavyMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

if you can sell yours private party and SAVE a ton of cash vs trade in, they will rip you a new one trade in 90% of the time.

They will give you what you want but tack on fees or value to the new car they have all sorts of tricks. Just be SURE every thing is itemized and you understand EVERY charge etc... also doc fee's are just their way of charging you a bit more for your new car

some banks give you an open loan for X amount of time so you can sell your car and finalize it after you have the funds from the sell. I had to do this a few cars back and it worked fine.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
if you can sell yours private party and SAVE a ton of cash vs trade in, they will rip you a new one trade in 90% of the time.

They will give you what you want but tack on fees or value to the new car they have all sorts of tricks. Just be SURE every thing is itemized and you understand EVERY charge etc... also doc fee's are just their way of charging you a bit more for your new car

some banks give you an open loan for X amount of time so you can sell your car and finalize it after you have the funds from the sell. I had to do this a few cars back and it worked fine.
Ya tell me about it, went out today. And the highest offer from a dealer was 8,500 they suck, back out tomorrow.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT