shuddering from dead stop - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
shuddering from dead stop

08 5spd with 20k miles all it has is axle backs

"Too much horsepower is not enough"
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 02:05 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
With the clutch out or while it's engaging? If while it's engaging sounds like the clutch has been replaced w/o the flywheel being resurfaced.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:16 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

While engaging I contacted Ford the second say I got her. (18K miles) and they said on test drives she was fine and I messed the car up, so now I get a shuddering and also a grinding. (Syncros) every once in a while and I bought the extended warranty!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesChargedGT
While engaging I contacted Ford the second say I got her. (18K miles) and they said on test drives she was fine and I messed the car up, so now I get a shuddering and also a grinding. (Syncros) every once in a while and I bought the extended warranty!!!
They can't do that can they? wouldn't that fall under lemon laws for your state our at least your warranty?
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Yea bro pretty sure they can't do that...Id go down there and throw those keys at them and tell them to fix it..especially when they got your money in the extended warranty! !
08MustanGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If they said it test drives ok, how can they say you messed the car up? Is it messed up or not? Is there a different Ford dealer close to you?

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok
If they said it test drives ok, how can they say you messed the car up? Is it messed up or not? Is there a different Ford dealer close to you?
They're claiming it did drive fine before on test drives but when he got it he "messed it up"

Not sure how to help the actual problem but screw them, go down there raise some hell and make them fix it one way or another. You bought the warranty so at least have them look into it to figure out the problem and hopefully fix it. The only hard thing to get around is that the clutch/flywheel is a wearable part that's not usually covered in warranties. But you might be able to talk them into it by complaining that you have barely had it and it's already messing up.
NightMare07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Ya dude. My 07 tranny was so clunky and loud and noisy when shifting when I got it in Dec. '11.
I took to them and all my synchros were bad and some gears. They decided to replace the WHOLE tranny........for FREE. Said it was cheaper and easier than taking the time to go thru it and rip apart the guts.
MavyMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I'll talk to them again before I get a major failure but there standing by it teat drove fine, No one drove it for an extended period tho so theyd never know, it doesn't happen often. I know more about the tranny then them I have them some info and they shot me down with your a dumb *** u think we use the same type of tranny for more than a couple years

Old 04-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Re: shuddering from dead stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMare07 View Post
They're claiming it did drive fine before on test drives but when he got it he "messed it up"

Not sure how to help the actual problem but screw them, go down there raise some hell and make them fix it one way or another. You bought the warranty so at least have them look into it to figure out the problem and hopefully fix it. The only hard thing to get around is that the clutch/flywheel is a wearable part that's not usually covered in warranties. But you might be able to talk them into it by complaining that you have barely had it and it's already messing up.
That's still BS. So what if it was fine when he bought it. So according to their logic, if it wasn't broken when he bought it then no warranty applies. If the service dept won't help you, then go back the sales dept and tell them you are returning it for a refund, it's a lemon. Raise hell in the showroom and raise your voice, they don't like disgruntled customers in the showroom. They'll fix it if you ride em like a rented mule.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Re: shuddering from dead stop

Well even though I havnt spoken to my father much since the divorce when I was little hes actually the sales person that sold me the car and he fed me the "It drove fine" story and thats BS cuz no one drove it an extended period of time. I know its a 3635 or whatever the damn tranny name is and its crap along with all the mustang trannys ever used lol. Id be as bold as telling them i'd return the car but after years of searching I found the perfect car and id rather R&R the tranny

Old 04-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesChargedGT
Well even though I havnt spoken to my father much since the divorce when I was little hes actually the sales person that sold me the car and he fed me the "It drove fine" story and thats BS cuz no one drove it an extended period of time. I know its a 3635 or whatever the damn tranny name is and its crap along with all the mustang trannys ever used lol. Id be as bold as telling them i'd return the car but after years of searching I found the perfect car and id rather R&R the tranny
This is you're father doing this, that sucks. I will tell you that sometimes repairs like this come out of the commission of the sales person because the profit on the vehicle would be less. That might be some of the issue.
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

In that case I'll push the work through he put us in debt when he left lol

Old 04-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I work at a dealer, what kind of ext warranty did you purchase? I may be able to help you through this process. There are ways around the sales dept ha. Pm me and we can talk
5-Speed-IUP, Predator tuned, k&n cai,Mrt shifter,Hooker Lts-o/f x-pipe, KC clutch,Alum flywheel,FR 4:10's. Upr rear control arms. Forged Teksid Eaton swap in progress!

WickedStangs Mustang Club
Tulsa,OK Chapter President
TtownMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomo2

This is you're father doing this, that sucks. I will tell you that sometimes repairs like this come out of the commission of the sales person because the profit on the vehicle would be less. That might be some of the issue.
I think I have the same father LOL
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT