Bad news......but good news too! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Bad news......but good news too!

So yesterday driving on the highway, cruising at 70 my car bucks hard like I slammed on the brakes. I was like WTF. Everything seemed fine......for about a mile. Then, the car starts shaking and clunking like mad. I pull over and look around and see nothing. Look under and see nothing out of the ordinary. No flat tires, engine is running fine. I pull out and start driving again. CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK. Pull over again. Do not see a problem. So I drive to my house going 30.
When I get home and jack it up everything is fine underneath. Put the car in neutral and spin the driveshaft. The rear end is clunking like crazy. I took it to my mechanic at the Ford dealership and he opens up the pumpkin and the pinion bearing is flopping around. Basically the whole rear end is toast. Dont know why or how. He helped me get it covered under warranty though.
Pssss......it is not the stock rear end. I put in a take-off rear out of another stang with 3.73s. The dealer really helped me out. Basically they are replacing all the bearings, seals, and hardware. I have to buy a new ring and pinion gear set. All the labor is gonna be free too. So I decided to buy a set of 4.10s. Thats the good news. LOL.

Oh and they gave me a free rental.

Not all dealerships are "stealerships".

I will never buy a car anywhere else. Props to them.

Just thought I would share.
MavyMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Stuff like these makes it hard for others to claim actual warranty work

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Oh wow
The ford dealer over here in florida accidentally locked my girlfriend's mom's car with the key inside. They then proceeded to tell her that they will make a spare key for her for $99 -_-
Fortunately she had spare keys at home.
chickengeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
Stuff like these makes it hard for others to claim actual warranty work
How is that? All the stuff inside was Ford parts anyway. There was no difference in the axle besides the gears. Hence why I am paying for them. It isnt hard to claim warranty work. How about people actually research their dealers before going to them. Just because your dealer is a jackass dont talk down about mine. Ive gone thru a bunch of dealers before. These guys have fixed cars that I havent even bought from them.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickengeorge
Oh wow
The ford dealer over here in florida accidentally locked my girlfriend's mom's car with the key inside. They then proceeded to tell her that they will make a spare key for her for $99 -_-
Thats just ridiculous. Why dont you report thay to corporate.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

The dealer I took my car to is totally helpful but if my gears went out I sure wouldn't try to bring it in under warranty unless ford installed it, your dealer doesn't care cause ford is paying the bill an lucky it's a small job or they'd have to have an adjuster come out

That being said I'm entirely sure I didn't cause the transmission problem and have been out of a car for almost a week nothing I or the dealer can do but wait for Fords approval

Old 04-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I didnt know it was my gears. I took it in to have them tell me what it was. They told me what they could cover and what they couldnt. I didn't expect to have it covered at all. But my dealer helped me out because I wasnt racing, just driving on the freeway. And also because it is a ford stamped axle out of a 08 GT. If it wasnt I would be SOL. Again, im still paying for the gears. The reason there is no labor is because the mechanic has to tear it apart anyway. Also, the whole job would have cost me roughly 900-1000 if it wasnt covered. Not 3k like your situation.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Re: Bad news......but good news too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickengeorge View Post
Oh wow
WTF? I'd tow it away before I paid them a dime for that. And I'd tell 'em that's the last time they'll ever see me.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavyMav
I didnt know it was my gears. I took it in to have them tell me what it was. They told me what they could cover and what they couldnt. I didn't expect to have it covered at all. But my dealer helped me out because I wasnt racing, just driving on the freeway. And also because it is a ford stamped axle out of a 08 GT. If it wasnt I would be SOL. Again, im still paying for the gears. The reason there is no labor is because the mechanic has to tear it apart anyway. Also, the whole job would have cost me roughly 900-1000 if it wasnt covered. Not 3k like your situation.
2,800 for just the trans, idk what labor is yet

Old 04-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
WTF? I'd tow it away before I paid them a dime for that. And I'd tell 'em that's the last time they'll ever see me.
Haha yea
Luckily it wasnt my stang
Otherwise id raged
chickengeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
So yesterday driving on the highway, cruising at 70 my car bucks hard like I slammed on the brakes. I was like WTF. Everything seemed fine......for about a mile. Then, the car starts shaking and clunking like mad. I pull over and look around and see nothing. Look under and see nothing out of the ordinary. No flat tires, engine is running fine. I pull out and start driving again. CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK. Pull over again. Do not see a problem. So I drive to my house going 30.
When I get home and jack it up everything is fine underneath. Put the car in neutral and spin the driveshaft. The rear end is clunking like crazy. I took it to my mechanic at the Ford dealership and he opens up the pumpkin and the pinion bearing is flopping around. Basically the whole rear end is toast. Dont know why or how. He helped me get it covered under warranty though.
Pssss......it is not the stock rear end. I put in a take-off rear out of another stang with 3.73s. The dealer really helped me out. Basically they are replacing all the bearings, seals, and hardware. I have to buy a new ring and pinion gear set. All the labor is gonna be free too. So I decided to buy a set of 4.10s. Thats the good news. LOL.

Oh and they gave me a free rental.

Not all dealerships are "stealerships".

I will never buy a car anywhere else. Props to them.

Just thought I would share.
That why ppl that have a real claim can't get covered.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

That why ppl that have a real claim can't get covered.
That makes no sense. Warranty is warranty. If its under warranty then its covered. Everything i have ever thought was warranty was covered. This was the first time it has happened otherwise. Find a better dealer.
I believe Bahasol's claim should be covered. Ive never had an adjuster or anything for one piece of work. My situation has nothing to do with anyone else's. Its on the dealer.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

No anytime a engine or trans fails an adjuster always come out especially if it's a mustang that's what the adjuster said

Old 04-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No anytime a engine or trans fails an adjuster always come out especially if it's a mustang that's what the adjuster said
I did not k now that. I just dont understand why people are blaming for everybody's warranty issues. Like its my fault because the dealer said they would cover it.
I am sure Ford will cover your problem Bahasol.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Well it's not just your fault haha it's the dealers, ford has just got tired of it and started coming down on fraudulent claims, I believe ford bases there strictness per dealer, if a dealer is doing a high percent of warranty work to actually busyness of the dealer they start cracking down

Old 04-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #15
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

How is that? All the stuff inside was Ford parts anyway. There was no difference in the axle besides the gears. Hence why I am paying for them. It isnt hard to claim warranty work. How about people actually research their dealers before going to them. Just because your dealer is a jackass dont talk down about mine. Ive gone thru a bunch of dealers before. These guys have fixed cars that I havent even bought from them.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Thats just ridiculous. Why dont you report thay to corporate.
Right Ford warranties their parts. I had the dealer replace my battery free of charge, they weren't the selling either. It takes them a while to do the paper work.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Most people here are confusing "ford" warranty and "dealership" warranty.. They are NOT the same thing...
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles.young10
Most people here are confusing "ford" warranty and "dealership" warranty.. They are NOT the same thing...
Nobody here is getting confused with that, the dealers don't have warranties unless they right you a written warranty on work they performed

Old 04-25-2012, 12:48 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

Nobody here is getting confused with that, the dealers don't have warranties unless they right you a written warranty on work they performed
Um.. Yeah.. They do... many dealerships have extended warranties you can buy, or they throw in to get you to by the car.. The car (obviously passed/over the manufacturing warranty) will/could be covered through the dealership.. NOT "ford"
Charles.young10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:12 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Well I think what your talking about is they sell you a private/aftermarket warranty or a "ford" extended service plan, when I use to work at a dealership we would include "the Thomas promise" with used car for a fee which was just a private company's powertrain warranty we marketed as our own. I don't think or ever heard of a dealer having its own warranty, unless you get repair work done there and the guarantee the work

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

And any private company will have a claims adjuster come out, but the Ford leaves most of the trust with the dealer unless it's a high dollar repair or a repeat problem or questionable dealer

Old 04-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Man not trying to be a *** by no mean. But I've learned a few things off highlifter four wheeler website. I wouldn't go into SPECIFIC details like that. Ford could look at ford websites lol
Old 04-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang.racr
Man not trying to be a *** by no mean. But I've learned a few things off highlifter four wheeler website. I wouldn't go into SPECIFIC details like that. Ford could look at ford websites lol
Haha I be surprised if they traced him to the forums

Old 04-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha I be surprised if they traced him to the forums
Oh I agree and my *** takes short cuts at every given chance. But if they would of they would of saved 2k. Just don't say John smith at Gulfport ford don't check for mods and everybody's all good lol
Old 04-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang.racr

Oh I agree and my *** takes short cuts at every given chance. But if they would of they would of saved 2k. Just don't say John smith at Gulfport ford don't check for mods and everybody's all good lol
Ya I never call anybody out

Old 04-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I thought of that. Thats why I didnt say names.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I thought of that. Thats why I didnt say names.
Yeah lol I know arctic cat is stalker material.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT