When will These V6 Camaros learn - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlkBoysGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 21
When will These V6 Camaros learn

How many V6 camaros on average try to race the S197 05-09 and think they will win because they have 300hp its not happening
BlkBoysGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBoysGt
How many V6 camaros on average try to race the S197 05-09 and think they will win because they have 300hp its not happening
Curious how they react to mods. Anyone know if it's easier to get more power from those engines? Would like to see how a slightly modded v6 camaro stands up to a similarly modded 3.7.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
I never have anyone try to race... Ever...

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Wait... Proly cuz I look like a v6 :-/
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Even against a bolt on SN95 they don't stand a chance!.. Ran against one once!.. Three for three in my favor!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

Curious how they react to mods. Anyone know if it's easier to get more power from those engines? Would like to see how a slightly modded v6 camaro stands up to a similarly modded 3.7.
My buddy has a 3.6 2010 Camaro that has BBK long tubes, BBK intake and a tune, and I still whipped his *** in my BONE STOCK 3.7! Now I have the same mods and he can't stay with me! He does corner better though so he can stay with me in the twistys but he has a hard time overtaking me
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang.racr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 915
Damm I heard they was pretty fast and the cts won motor trend car of the year a few years ago and both featured the same motor ( I believe) but nobody ever try's to race me anymore
__________________
having a fine car that is slow is like having a hot girlfriend that won't put out!
Stang.racr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
janorton05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Glendale
Region: Arizona
Posts: 25
The dealership puts it in their heads. I was looking at one a few years ago and the dealer was bragging about how they can walk all over the 4.6l gt

And the Camaro was for a old gf. Not for me.
__________________
A group for Muscle Car enthusiasts.
https://www.facebook.com/3fCauto

Az group for Modern Muscle enthusiasts. Monthly meets, cruises and more!!
https://www.facebook.com/AzModRod?ref=hl
janorton05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlkBoysGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by janorton05
The dealership puts it in their heads. I was looking at one a few years ago and the dealer was bragging about how they can walk all over the 4.6l gt

And the Camaro was for a old gf. Not for me.
First
On
Race
Day
BlkBoysGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
janorton05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Glendale
Region: Arizona
Posts: 25
From the ones I've raced at the strip they seem to be running mid to low 15's.
__________________
A group for Muscle Car enthusiasts.
https://www.facebook.com/3fCauto

Az group for Modern Muscle enthusiasts. Monthly meets, cruises and more!!
https://www.facebook.com/AzModRod?ref=hl
janorton05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlkBoysGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by janorton05
From the ones I've raced at the strip they seem to be running mid to low 15's.
I live in LA an the V6 think the can battle with the GT pre 5.0
BlkBoysGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Iowa
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBoysGt

First
On
Race
Day
+100
__________________

Blacking it out, MAC duel exhaust, SR CAI, Performance Automatic shift kit. And a long build list wrecked in July '14
2000v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09

My buddy has a 3.6 2010 Camaro that has BBK long tubes, BBK intake and a tune, and I still whipped his *** in my BONE STOCK 3.7! Now I have the same mods and he can't stay with me! He does corner better though so he can stay with me in the twistys but he has a hard time overtaking me
Didn't think they were that slow.. Good to know though!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:53 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

Didn't think they were that slow.. Good to know though!
300hp in a 4000+ lb car don't mean S***!..... like I said before, I walked one three times in a row, with my wife in my car and a S*** ton of groceries!.. And that's with my little 2V 4.6!!... Lol.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
The SS is stupid slow... I've walked 3 of em... Now the old 98 SS or TA.... If u roll up on one... Most likely it's been modded and those cars are made for drag racing... The ls1 is a great motor for strip use... Id advise do not run one unless its on corners or u have put some money in ur car
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
The SS is stupid slow... I've walked 3 of em... Now the old 98 SS or TA.... If u roll up on one... Most likely it's been modded and those cars are made for drag racing... The ls1 is a great motor for strip use... Id advise do not run one unless its on corners or u have put some money in ur car
Yeah the new ss is a pig. My mach gobbles them up as soon as I nail second. Through the quarter I'm still pulling away but I know they would come around me up top. As for the older ss I haven't had trouble yet except for a turbo car but that was a given. There is a cammed auto that was close but his trans forgot how to be an auto and stopped shifting all together...
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
S197Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 307
My dads 10' camaro is stupid fast. Of course its not stock lol dynoed at over 600 to the wheels. I think the exact number was 616? It has 4.33 gears in it and if you can get it to stick on first it will knock the wind out of you.
But yes, they are extremely heavy so a 550 horsepower mustang would be a clean race.
S197Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBoysGt

First
On
Race
Day
Flip over read directions
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #18
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Get too many of them trying to race me. Almost tired of wasting gas just to prove a point that I already know to be true.
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlkBoysGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

Yeah the new ss is a pig. My mach gobbles them up as soon as I nail second. Through the quarter I'm still pulling away but I know they would come around me up top. As for the older ss I haven't had trouble yet except for a turbo car but that was a given. There is a cammed auto that was close but his trans forgot how to be an auto and stopped shifting all together...
The Ls1 is a great motor i almost got a SS camaro 98-02 but i couldnt pass up the S197 its to damn sexy
BlkBoysGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
I've always loved the front end of a 98 TA ram air... That was a bad *** car... But I bleed blue, so I will never own one...
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:03 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBoysGt

The Ls1 is a great motor i almost got a SS camaro 98-02 but i couldnt pass up the S197 its to damn sexy
I don't think so on the ls1. Distributer under water pump ? In my book,there a POS
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:31 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
I had a 2000 SS and it was a beast
And yes the new 300 hp v6's aren't as quick as I thought they'd be
__________________
02PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
frank07stanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 292
Yeah 300 hp with 12 torque lol
frank07stanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #24
Registered User
Newbie
 
TomTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 11
My 2009 G8 GT is faster than my 2008 Mustang GT

But I love the manual in the Mustang anyway
TomTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom
My 2009 G8 GT is faster than my 2008 Mustang GT

But I love the manual in the Mustang anyway
Took both to the track? or you just think it is
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #26
Registered User
Newbie
 
TomTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 11
Just messing around vs my wife

And I think !
TomTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom
Just messing around vs my wife

And I think !
G8 gt should be close. The g8 gxp is quite a bit quicker vs the g8 gt.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Untamed5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 295
I had a 2006 GTO and used to race my brother who had an 07 GT and those were some fun times. The GTO was a giant pig! But the LS2 was no joke for sure id choose my mustang over the goat any day.
Untamed5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:39 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.