J&M LCA Review - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

BaSohol is unknown around these parts
J&M LCA Review

Well I received them in the mail Friday and I order them Wednesday from AmericanMuscle. Upon opening the package I noticed everything was packaged nicely and it included instructions unlike my sequential tail lights so that was a plus.

The arms themselves were very nice looking, perfect finish, not one imperfection, the welds looked nice, not sanded down to cover up a bad weld job. The bushings looked good but that should be expected.

Install was easy! MAYBE an hour job, I did it but myself cause my buddy was working on his car, and I never had to call him over for help.

Test drive well that's was like night and day, it was quiet no squeaks whatsoever! And the feels more solid backing out of a drive way curb. Now the performance review, it HOOKS!!!!! Snaps your neck! I might not even need the drag radials! That's how good it feels

Spend what you want on the brand! Just buy LCAs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3762114581.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	439.6 KB
ID:	51157   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2993291279.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	352.4 KB
ID:	51158  

Name:	image-425291626.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	547.3 KB
ID:	51159   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-895787564.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	623.8 KB
ID:	51160  

Name:	image-462216194.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	502.8 KB
ID:	51161  

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX

DDTCM is just getting started.
Re: J&M LCA Review

Nice review,bout to do some myself.

July 2011 MOTM winner.
January 2014 MOTM winner.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Aggiesrok is unknown around these parts
Told Ya!
Old 05-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I believed you, just didn't know if it was something to spend a lot of money on or go the cheap route

Old 05-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

BCS06GT is unknown around these parts
Unless your lowered, then you need relocation brackets, otherwise they don't do s***
Old 05-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

That's got to be badass with your gears and new tranny. Enjoy.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Borii is unknown around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Borii

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS06GT View Post
Unless your lowered, then you need relocation brackets, otherwise they don't do s***
The opposite. You ONLY NEED relocation brackets if you're lowered. BUT for them to work as far as forward traction, you;'re right. He needs reloc brackets.

Stock height cars get improved and immediately noticeable rear stability, less twist in the arm upon launch compared to the OEM design. The twisting will probably the only improvement over stock as far as straight line acceleration and THERE I agree that they do not do anything.

But they serve more use than just a froward traction piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
Well I received them in the mail Friday and I order them Wednesday from AmericanMuscle. Upon opening the package I noticed everything was packaged nicely and it included instructions unlike my sequential tail lights so that was a plus.

The arms themselves were very nice looking, perfect finish, not one imperfection, the welds looked nice, not sanded down to cover up a bad weld job. The bushings looked good but that should be expected.

Install was easy! MAYBE an hour job, I did it but myself cause my buddy was working on his car, and I never had to call him over for help.

Test drive well that's was like night and day, it was quiet no squeaks whatsoever! And the feels more solid backing out of a drive way curb. Now the performance review, it HOOKS!!!!! Snaps your neck! I might not even need the drag radials! That's how good it feels

Spend what you want on the brand! Just buy LCAs
Are you lowered? Otherwise the 'hooks' is placebo.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Your saying my car getting better traction is a placebo effect???? Really like I stupid enough not to know or feel a difference?

Old 05-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your saying my car getting better traction is a placebo effect???? Really like I stupid enough not to know or feel a difference?
If your car is not lowered, then the angle is the same. My Car has the same bars. If the angle is the same as stock there is NO gain in forward traction. There will however be a huge increase in forward stability because the bar is much thicker than the skinny flimsy stock arm that can shift a miniscule bit on forward acceleration. Also adds better cornering stability with a better ride over uneven surfaces.

Didn't say you were stupid. As I never would, but a fact is that not everything we 'feel' yields a real world result.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 05-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post
If your car is not lowered, then the angle is the same. My Car has the same bars. If the angle is the same as stock there is NO gain in forward traction. There will however be a huge increase in forward stability because the bar is much thicker than the skinny flimsy stock arm that can shift a miniscule bit on forward acceleration. Also adds better cornering stability with a better ride over uneven surfaces.

Didn't say you were stupid. As I never would, but a fact is that not everything we 'feel' yields a real world result.
It's the combination of the flexing the stock LCA's and the stock rubber bushings that cause the wheel hop. It flexes and tries to straighten over and over at launch. The replacement LCA's are more rigid and they use a high durometer polyurethane bushing. The relocation brackets can improve the geometry and further lock the axle in place, and are necessary with lowered cars. But replacing LCA's definately nearly eliminates wheel hop.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Ive launched my car plenty of times and even brake stand burnouts, and I did all the same after the install, let's say the launch improvement is small which it's not, I can tell the difference from spinning and wheel hopping to just plan ol hooking and going, and I decided to do a brake stand burnout like I would at the track, this would cause horrible wheel hop before, to the point I thought the dash was going to break apart, now it was smoother with the LCAs

Old 05-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ive launched my car plenty of times and even brake stand burnouts, and I did all the same after the install, let's say the launch improvement is small which it's not, I can tell the difference from spinning and wheel hopping to just plan ol hooking and going, and I decided to do a brake stand burnout like I would at the track, this would cause horrible wheel hop before, to the point I thought the dash was going to break apart, now it was smoother with the LCAs
I will admit that wheel hop is something I did not consider mainly because, for no reason that I can conjure, I have never had wheel hop. Stock or otherwise.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 05-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

tc x 4 is unknown around these parts
The wheel hop is from the stock bushings. I bought Ford racing lca's and they are the same as stock,except different paint and bushings. I had terrible wheel hop, now it hooks and goes . I don't think it pulls the wheels yet, but you can barely see over the hood. When I take it to the track and it don't hook , I'll buy the brackets because changing the geometry does make sense to me.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Borri , I find it hard to believe you've never had wheel hop.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
The wheel hop is from the stock bushings. I bought Ford racing lca's and they are the same as stock,except different paint and bushings. I had terrible wheel hop, now it hooks and goes . I don't think it pulls the wheels yet, but you can barely see over the hood. When I take it to the track and it don't hook , I'll buy the brackets because changing the geometry does make sense to me.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Borri , I find it hard to believe you've never had wheel hop.
So do I. I never experienced in THIS car. I attribute it to never driving it stock on good tires. I went from stock pirellis that were bald when I got them to My nittos and Spring install at the same time. I think the tires not having any grip what so every originally is what allowed me to skip on the hop. I also was launching very low until this weekend, so that also played a role most likely in my lack of wheel hop.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT