05 mustang gt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 19
05 mustang gt

Hi i just got a 05 gt mustang like 3 weeks a go nd well i wanna modify if nd well i wanna make a swap for a more powerful engine i havent decided yet but i want something that will reach up to 1000hp any ideas in whr engine i should look into? And if so before i do that what should i do to my car im guessing the first thing i should do is modify my suspension any idea how to get started nd im kinda new to this so i need alot of help
06pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gil_T2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: N VA
Region: Virginia
Posts: 434
Re: 05 mustang gt

first learn to spell , this isn't texting, 1000 HP is going to cost you $25,K to $30,K to build, you got that kind of cash.
__________________
BBK LT's, Catted Xpipe, Sniper tune, UDP's GT500 TB, Ford Racing CAI, CM delete, 4.10, TR6060, 1 piece DS
Gil_T2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
WillysYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 269
You should just wait for the GT1000 Shelby should be putting out in the next year or two. Sex on wheels!
WillysYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
lBRAlD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 280
What would you do with a 1000hp
lBRAlD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lBRAlD
What would you do with a 1000hp
Race what else nd it would be nice to have a pony like that lol

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil_T2
first learn to spell , this isn't texting, 1000 HP is going to cost you $25,K to $30,K to build, you got that kind of cash.
No yet but im getting there slowly and i just wanna get alot information before i get started

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysYJ
You should just wait for the GT1000 Shelby should be putting out in the next year or two. Sex on wheels!
To be honest i dont really like the shelby i coulded of gotten a shelby but i was like "nahhh **** that" lol
06pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
fresh2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysYJ
You should just wait for the GT1000 Shelby should be putting out in the next year or two. Sex on wheels!
$200k! Thats some expensive sex!
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
WillysYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death

$200k! Thats some expensive sex!
Yes expensive, but worth every penny!
WillysYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
I call BS on this thread... why would anyone turn down a car that is half way to their goal? And buy a old 300 HP car? I'd put money on it you could not handle 400 HP...
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
WillysYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
I call BS on this thread... why would anyone turn down a car that is half way to their goal? And buy a old 300 HP car? I'd put money on it you could not handle 400 HP...
Agreed. "I could have gotten a Shelby, but I don't like them" BULLLLLLLL
WillysYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysYJ

Agreed. "I could have gotten a Shelby, but I don't like them" BULLLLLLLL
Haha, agree
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
I call BS on this thread... why would anyone turn down a car that is half way to their goal? And buy a old 300 HP car? I'd put money on it you could not handle 400 HP...
Yea, that's kinda crazy because then you don't really have to worry about a built motor as much and would be much easier to add 500 more hp than 700 more hp on a block that's only good to 500 on a good day
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysYJ

Agreed. "I could have gotten a Shelby, but I don't like them" BULLLLLLLL
U dont gotta belive me because i do got the money and i know i could handle that much power
06pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06pony

U dont gotta belive me because i do got the money and i know i could handle that much power
I highly doubt that. If you do get "1000" horsepower your gonna run into alot more problems than you think you will
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

I highly doubt that. If you do get "1000" horsepower your gonna run into alot more problems than you think you will
What do u mean more problems? Do u mean with the law?
06pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06pony

What do u mean more problems? Do u mean with the law?
No, with having 1000 hp stuffs gonna break.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #16
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

No, with having 1000 hp stuffs gonna break.
But wouldent it help if i upgrade my whole car?

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

No, with having 1000 hp stuffs gonna break.
I mean theres a few mustang out there that been able to reach that whats the diffrence?
06pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
This Guy makes me laugh... tell ya what come to Texas an if u can out drive me in my mom's car ill buy you a stroked 5.4l.... however if I win (and I will) you owe me a Watts link.... we will have the go pro cameras rolling too BTW
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06pony

But wouldent it help if i upgrade my whole car?

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------



I mean theres a few mustang out there that been able to reach that whats the diffrence?
Im just saying, its gonna be alot of money to do that and thats gonna be hard on the engine, why wouldnt you buy something bigger like Grabber said, so you dont have to gain so much hp
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #19
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
This Guy makes me laugh... tell ya what come to Texas an if u can out drive me in my mom's car ill buy you a stroked 5.4l.... however if I win (and I will) you owe me a Watts link.... we will have the go pro cameras rolling too BTW
Lol u make me laugh buddie even my dodge ram trubo disel will take u out but what am i talking about lets settle this like men u come down so i can knock out ur front teeth and save em as trophies nd ill give u a free trip to du hospital how bout that son
06pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
SoCalKev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 679
Send a message via Skype™ to SoCalKev
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06pony

Lol u make me laugh buddie even my dodge ram trubo disel will take u out but what am i talking about lets settle this like men u come down so i can knock out ur front teeth and save em as trophies nd ill give u a free trip to du hospital how bout that son
Or I'll come see you and we will race GT vs GT
SoCalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06pony

Lol u make me laugh buddie even my dodge ram trubo disel will take u out but what am i talking about lets settle this like men u come down so i can knock out ur front teeth and save em as trophies nd ill give u a free trip to du hospital how bout that son
Your an idiot dude.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #22
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKev

Or I'll come see you and we will race GT vs GT
Bro u do realize i mention i just got it 3 weeks ago its stock of course gonna beat me even if urs is slight modded but give me a couple weeks den will talk
06pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
SoCalKev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 679
Send a message via Skype™ to SoCalKev
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06pony

Bro u do realize i mention i just got it 3 weeks ago its stock of course gonna beat me even if urs is slight modded but give me a couple weeks den will talk
I'm just kidding man.
And I got mine 2 days ago. I've been working on it like crazy tho. This is my second stang.
SoCalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #24
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKev

I'm just kidding man.
And I got mine 2 days ago. I've been working on it like crazy tho. This is my second stang.
What year is it? I know me 2 very badly but i have hard time starting cuz i just know a few things lol
06pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
SoCalKev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 679
Send a message via Skype™ to SoCalKev
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06pony

What year is it? I know me 2 very badly but i have hard time starting cuz i just know a few things lol
Mines a 05
I had a 03

Hit me up sometime I can help you out
SoCalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #26
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKev

Mines a 05
I had a 03

Hit me up sometime I can help you out
Thats kool man what happen to ur other one if i may ask? I got a question is it worth swaping engines? Cuz if i do im planinng to keep my car for a long time?
06pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:00 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
SoCalKev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 679
Send a message via Skype™ to SoCalKev
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06pony

Thats kool man what happen to ur other one if i may ask? I got a question is it worth swaping engines? Cuz if i do im planinng to keep my car for a long time?
Well if you plan on keeping your car then yeah check your messages
SoCalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #28
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKev

Well if you plan on keeping your car then yeah check your messages
There i did i texted u
06pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
LOL ill put even more money on the losing my teeth.... ill gladly race you to a local gym... beat you there... then make you take a nap... I'm not going to jail over a pathalogical liar... so we can "dance" at arlignton Mma... make it legal

Socal ill run u w my gt but I get to choose the road
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
SoCalKev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 679
Send a message via Skype™ to SoCalKev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
LOL ill put even more money on the losing my teeth.... ill gladly race you to a local gym... beat you there... then make you take a nap... I'm not going to jail over a pathalogical liar... so we can "dance" at arlignton Mma... make it legal

Socal ill run u w my gt but I get to choose the road
Chill silver sky we all friends here
SoCalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:41 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
This thread is so full of crap... 1000 hp is insane, and in 95% of builds isn't really streatable. A full proper 1000 hp build will run into 70k+ if you wanted it on the street. Eadiest way would be a current 5.8 shelby engine, torn down, full head job, bigger blower, insane fuel mods, a beefed trans, and the new shelby rear end. That'll run you 40k pretty easily and you still need brakes, suspension and a spoiler that adds 95hp... oh and underglow neons... and '*****in' 22" chromies boiiii......
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #32
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude
This thread is so full of crap... 1000 hp is insane, and in 95% of builds isn't really streatable. A full proper 1000 hp build will run into 70k+ if you wanted it on the street. Eadiest way would be a current 5.8 shelby engine, torn down, full head job, bigger blower, insane fuel mods, a beefed trans, and the new shelby rear end. That'll run you 40k pretty easily and you still need brakes, suspension and a spoiler that adds 95hp... oh and underglow neons... and '*****in' 22" chromies boiiii......
Well ur right for the most part but wrong about the cost
06pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:20 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKev

Chill silver sky we all friends here
I was not being ugly to u... just the op
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #34
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

Your an idiot dude.
And ur a dumbass haha

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
LOL ill put even more money on the losing my teeth.... ill gladly race you to a local gym... beat you there... then make you take a nap... I'm not going to jail over a pathalogical liar... so we can "dance" at arlignton Mma... make it legal

Socal ill run u w my gt but I get to choose the road
Haha is that right come down here den we will see about that u fagg
06pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:31 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06pony

Well ur right for the most part but wrong about the cost
No. I'm not. The old 5.4 shelby crate engine is 25 grand. A tr6060 trans is gonna run you minimum 6 grand with upgrades. Shelby rear assembly another 3 grand, big blower 6500 minimum. Head work 4000, more with custom cams... so that's already an easy 40-45 amd you woulnt even have it in th car... anyone asking how to do something like this doesn't have a hope in hell of doing the work themselves. So add hi-perf shop rates of 150/hr*40 hours and that's another 6 grand... this is a huge project and e en if you pulled it off you still would have to learn to drive it... which is not even possible for a lot of people. Ive driven a 1100whp vette and it was stupid. A 700 hp vehicle is far more fun...
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:28 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.