cold air intake - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
So now that I put on the Cai and the tune my car turned on the check engine light and the code was for the engine being at idle lower than suspected. So I'm gonna disconnect the battery for a half hr then connect it and turn it back on and go through the process of having the computer relearn the idle. Hope that works.

Also anyone put in a tune and notice you can't even touch the gas without the race wanting to race of instantly ?
Joel_L_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like something might be wrong with your tune
Old 06-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Now its idling up and down in rpms slightly so I think it is a weird tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Okay after the whole process of relearning the idle and the drive around and came back home the idle is better its at about 750 rpms now and way more steady. Still get the pull when i take off but not as often might call American muscle tomorrow
Old 06-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Re: cold air intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_L_H View Post
Okay after the whole process of relearning the idle and the drive around and came back home the idle is better its at about 750 rpms now and way more steady. Still get the pull when i take off but not as often might call American muscle tomorrow
What pull? You mean, instant acceleration? It is SUPPOSED to be that way. It is a RACE tune hehe.

I love it. Took a while to get used to, some footwork, that is all.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

What pull? You mean, instant acceleration? It is SUPPOSED to be that way. It is a RACE tune hehe.

I love it. Took a while to get used to, some footwork, that is all.
I only have the 87 street tune in right now. I look dumb everytime I take off because of it. Like I don't know how to drive lol
Old 06-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Throttle response in all 3 tuns is better. You should try the race and get back a little crazier. It seems to tame a bit once warm. I know what you mean though haha

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 06-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
Let me add a little more info with that, and excuse me for mumbling soo long with this. But there is more with it when you get into it, for instance, if your CAI will need to be tuned when added or if it is a CAI that doesn't need a Tune, many opinions vary on this subject, some say a CAI that doesn't need tune is worthless, some say it is. If you get one that needs Tune, then you have to buy a Tuner ($300 - $500), I personally think it's well worth the money. Then there's the subject of Warrenties, I'm not gonna get into that conversation. All in All, I think the CAI is a good idea.
In regards to the tune required/not required part... I have a 2010 V6 and was going to get the Airraid CAI from AM (says does NOT require a tune). Now I am planning on buying a tuner later on this year as well but my question is if this CAI does not require a tune is it built different than one that is... Because I want an Airraid CAI but have yet to find one for the 2010 v6 that requires a tune. Sorry for "hijacking" the thread just didn't wanna start et another CAI thread... Thanks!
Nfreeman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviG2010
Depending on the cai sometimes you can hear them sucking air when you floor it. Also gives a little more sound to the exhaust in my opinion.
I took out the small filter in the sound tube and you can really here the air get sucked in at wot, I like the way it sounds it just adds to the driving fun.
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Throttle response in all 3 tuns is better. You should try the race and get back a little crazier. It seems to tame a bit once warm. I know what you mean though haha
Got used to the throttle response now and yeah its better warmed up, but now it idles fine around 750 until I turn the air on then it jumps down and back up and even died once on me
Old 06-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_L_H View Post
Got used to the throttle response now and yeah its better warmed up, but now it idles fine around 750 until I turn the air on then it jumps down and back up and even died once on me
My tune was perfect. Tried reloading it? Return to stock then re load? or just order a new tune again.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 06-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My tune was perfect. Tried reloading it? Return to stock then re load? or just order a new tune again.
I think I might switch it to the performance tune and see if it fixes the idle then just get a new street tune
Old 06-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

I rock the race tune all the time haha

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 06-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Now my car is running in failsafe engine mode wtf! I'm super pissed with American muscle right now and they arnt going to have a happy call tomorrow!
Old 06-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_L_H
Now my car is running in failsafe engine mode wtf! I'm super pissed with American muscle right now and they arnt going to have a happy call tomorrow!
Lmr told me to put a charger on while downloading the tune.
Make shur all power is off, doors closed. I was having same problem with my tune. Had the battery checked at orielys, they said it had 100% charge but battery was bad. Didn't understand that but changed it out for an interstate anyways. Problem solved, guess it had a bad cell.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4
Make shur all power is off, doors closed. I was having same problem with my tune. Had the battery checked at orielys, they said it had 100% charge but battery was bad. Didn't understand that but changed it out for an interstate anyways. Problem solved, guess it had a bad cell.
I just bought a brand new battery. And I don't have a battery charger. And now I returned it to stock and its starts and dies instantly. Just getting more pissed as I go now. This is bs. I'll try to load the tune one more time with everything shut and all power off and if it doesn't work Idk what to do
Old 06-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Any trouble codes ?
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

I had a couple codes and throttle position sensor and some stuff. And i set it to stock and then there was a mas code because the bigger Cai then I did the street tune again with everything shut and everything unplugged and powered off and now so far its good. So hopefully that was the problem
Old 06-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Okay so car is still running and driving fine but still get a check engine light for this code.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120617_211507.png
Views:	91
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	55224
Old 06-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
[QUOTE="tc x 4"]
Make shur all power is off, doors closed. I was having same problem with my tune. Had the battery checked at orielys, they said it had 100% charge but battery was bad. Didn't understIt and that but changed it out for an interstate anyways. Problem solved, guess it had a bad cell.

I had the same problem with the tuner in my truck. It was all caused by a bad battery
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
The CAIs will make a little difference in the sound, even with a non-stock exhaust, you will notice a difference in sound, when you change your stock Intake. Don't expect a loud sounding sound like mufflers, but there is a difference.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Let me add a little more info with that, and excuse me for mumbling soo long with this. But there is more with it when you get into it, for instance, if your CAI will need to be tuned when added or if it is a CAI that doesn't need a Tune, many opinions vary on this subject, some say a CAI that doesn't need tune is worthless, some say it is. If you get one that needs Tune, then you have to buy a Tuner ($300 - $500), I personally think it's well worth the money. Then there's the subject of Warrenties, I'm not gonna get into that conversation. All in All, I think the CAI is a good idea.
I used to hear my intake and supercharger.. Long tube headers put an end to that.
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I had this same problem after my first tune, cleaning the throttle body put a stop to it
thatmustangguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

My car wants to die when I turn on the air still but besides that its okay still check engine light on cause of it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Tags
cold air intake