05-09 or 11+ - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: 05-09 or 11+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqsmash View Post
True but if your talking about financing a car then your talking more than 20 k and if your scared of financing a 5.0 why would you drop 6k to maybe match it...if you can't finance a 5.0 odds are you don't have 6k to just "drop" on the 4.6...I know some may but not all...like me! Truth be told you need cash for good power. I'm a little throwed but my point is most people finance a car to what they can afford so after they do they do t have as much cash to blow on upgrades unless they planned to do so ahead of time
Your right I see your point. When I bought my 09 a few weeks ago I was also
looking at new GTs & SS Camaros I could have went eather way. I decidded to go with the used 09 to keep my payment low. I also have the money in savings to drop any S/C kit I want on my stang but that dose not mean Im going to do it right away if ever. For me half the fun of owning this Mustang is going to be modding it. The factorys will always keep changing body styles
or make improvements from one model year to the next and the aftermarket is going to keep makeing parts to customize them its a never ending cycle LOL
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar

Your right I see your point. When I bought my 09 a few weeks ago I was also
looking at new GTs & SS Camaros I could have went eather way. I decidded to go with the used 09 to keep my payment low. I also have the money in savings to drop any S/C kit I want on my stang but that dose not mean Im going to do it right away if ever. For me half the fun of owning this Mustang is going to be modding it. The factorys will always keep changing body styles
or make improvements from one model year to the next and the aftermarket is going to keep makeing parts to customize them its a never ending cycle LOL
I totally agree. I was coming from a 2000 v6 and always wanted a GT. When I got my 2010 GT I was actually looking at a sweet 2008, but a 2010 kinda fell in my lap at a super low price as the owner just wanted cash to upgrade to a 5.0. I couldn't pass it up. I have no regrets as I know a 5.0 will likely be my next car, but I love the style and sound of V8 Mustangs so much that I'd almost take any as long as I can mod it to my liking.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Borii

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post
For me half the fun of owning this Mustang is going to be modding it. The factorys will always keep changing body styles
I think this is a valid key point. If you keep upgrading you'll just keep wasting money.

Modding is done at will and over time when it is financially possible, a 5.0 payment would be constant every month, not just when you can pay it.

So, I got my 06 for the same reason.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #39
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

I bought a 99 Cobra (cash) saved 8k for a KB. Took different path and sold the car,combined the money,bought a 05 (cash),traded it up a month later for a 07,busted *** to pay off 4yr loan (8k) in 2yrs. I then traded that car for my 2011 (brand new) so I pretty much put down $18k (trade in value) and now have under $14k left to pay with a $300 per month payment.

I had a plan from the start and that plan was to buy up till I got what I really wanted which was either gonna be a Terminator or a 5.0. I would have never bought a new car if I hadn't busted *** to get there. Im still thinking about trading up once this one is paid for.

Bottom line......have a plan and stick to it. Bust your *** and don't worry about having the coolest toy on the block. Good things come to those who wait.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
I bought a 99 Cobra (cash) saved 8k for a KB. Took different path and sold the car,combined the money,bought a 05 (cash),traded it up a month later for a 07,busted *** to pay off 4yr loan (8k) in 2yrs. I then traded that car for my 2011 (brand new) so I pretty much put down $18k (trade in value) and now have under $14k left to pay with a $300 per month payment.

I had a plan from the start and that plan was to buy up till I got what I really wanted which was either gonna be a Terminator or a 5.0. I would have never bought a new car if I hadn't busted *** to get there. Im still thinking about trading up once this one is paid for.

Bottom line......have a plan and stick to it. Bust your *** and don't worry about having the coolest toy on the block. Good things come to those who wait.
+1 very good advice

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Depends on what you like. I love my 07. I hate the rear end on '10+ models. I'm pushing 350WHP on my 4.6 with dyno sheets to prove it. I've been able to spend money modding because I bought my 07 in 2010 for 19k with only 23k miles on it. Throw in the gears and suspension, and I can beat a stock 5.0. Plus it's been a lot of fun working on. Plus, with my mods I don't have to worry about other Mustangs looking like, or sounding like mine. Turns heads everywhere I go.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07 View Post
Depends on what you like. I love my 07. I hate the rear end on '10+ models. I'm pushing 350WHP on my 4.6 with dyno sheets to prove it. I've been able to spend money modding because I bought my 07 in 2010 for 19k with only 23k miles on it. Throw in the gears and suspension, and I can beat a stock 5.0. Plus it's been a lot of fun working on. Plus, with my mods I don't have to worry about other Mustangs looking like, or sounding like mine. Turns heads everywhere I go.
What are your mods?

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 07-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

What are your mods?
CAI, 62mm TB, Brenspeed Detroit rocker cams, Pypes LT's with O/R H and violators, 4.10 gears, steeda UDP's, 93 octane dyno tune, Eibach lowering kit, steeda caster cambers, steeda short throw and a bunch of appearance stuff.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07
Agree everbody has diff taste but year 05-09 imo is best stang since 1970boss 429
undertaker.s197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
CAI, 62mm TB, Brenspeed Detroit rocker cams, Pypes LT's with O/R H and violators, 4.10 gears, steeda UDP's, 93 octane dyno tune, Eibach lowering kit, steeda caster cambers, steeda short throw and a bunch of appearance stuff.
I am getting The Rockers installed this weekend along with a one piece Drive shaft, CMDPs and Steeda UDPs.

I currently have the Full Pypes set up with 4.10s and C&L Racer intake. I should have my dyno by next week because Tillman speed will be dyno tuning it.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 07-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

I am getting The Rockers installed this weekend along with a one piece Drive shaft, CMDPs and Steeda UDPs.

I currently have the Full Pypes set up with 4.10s and C&L Racer intake. I should have my dyno by next week because Tillman speed will be dyno tuning it.
Rockers were worth every penny. In the last week alone, I have had 3 people ask me what cams I was running. ALL at stoplights. I was thinking about CDMP's, but I decided I'm just going to save some more and do a FRPP Intake Manifold. Straight N/Asty!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Rockers were worth every penny. In the last week alone, I have had 3 people ask me what cams I was running. ALL at stoplights. I was thinking about CDMP's, but I decided I'm just going to save some more and do a FRPP Intake Manifold. Straight N/Asty!
I chose the CMDPs because the FRRP manifold gains are only a few HP above the CMDP, so for the money, the sacrificed HP was worth it to me.

The cams, I can't wait.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 08-01-2012, 02:05 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
I bought an 06because it was all I could affprd at the time. All I can say is no regrets. It will make a great car for my boys to get smoked by me in my new 2017 gt lol
jb61101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT