goodbye 2005-2007 forum - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
frank07stanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 292
goodbye 2005-2007 forum

raded in my 2007 gt for a 2004 cobra. it's freaking sweet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3154259681.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	534.0 KB
ID:	54172   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1956325836.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	436.8 KB
ID:	54173  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3034222567.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	430.8 KB
ID:	54174  
frank07stanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
frank07stanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 292
i meant 2005-2009....
frank07stanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
fresh2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,676
Great choice looks great!
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Not a fan of the yellow on the New Edge v. Early SN95's, but def a great choice and nice upgrade! Congrats!
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:48 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Eh of that floats your boat, but for the price of that I'm sure you could of got a newer 5.0. And had the way better looks, better interior and just as fast if not faster stock to stock
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
sweet upgrade !!! good choice going with the termi!!!
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:59 AM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Lol, now your username makes no sense. Haha.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #8
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: goodbye 2005-2007 forum

Hell yeah,congrats!!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Re: goodbye 2005-2007 forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
Eh of that floats your boat, but for the price of that I'm sure you could of got a newer 5.0. And had the way better looks, better interior and just as fast if not faster stock to stock
A Terminator stock for stock would probably be quicker and would end up being quicker in the end as it is already FI.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

A Terminator stock for stock would probably be quicker and would end up being quicker in the end as it is already FI.
Well if u wanna make power the first thing that's gotta go is the stock blower
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol

Well if u wanna make power the first thing that's gotta go is the stock blower
Power?
there may not be record breaking power in the stock blower but there is already new 5.0 power there an room for more w/o a blower swap.. Opinions...
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
TtownMach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol

Well if u wanna make power the first thing that's gotta go is the stock blower
If you decide to upgrade I'd like to take the eaton off your hands.

Great looking termi!
__________________
5-Speed-IUP, Predator tuned, k&n cai,Mrt shifter,Hooker Lts-o/f x-pipe, KC clutch,Alum flywheel,FR 4:10's. Upr rear control arms. Forged Teksid Eaton swap in progress!

WickedStangs Mustang Club
Tulsa,OK Chapter President
TtownMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #13
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,859
Welcome to the new edge club of distinguished gentlemen, valiant women and other assorted riff raff!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: goodbye 2005-2007 forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
Eh of that floats your boat, but for the price of that I'm sure you could of got a newer 5.0. And had the way better looks, better interior and just as fast if not faster stock to stock
the issue is price 03/04 cobras can be had for 15-22k~ a new GT 5.0 will be FAR more than that unless they have a ton of miles on them cheapest ive seen for a good one is 28k~ then you can argue about 5.0 vs GT500~ that would be an easier comparison on prices since they are about the same (07 GT500~)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
Well if u wanna make power the first thing that's gotta go is the stock blower
yup, much about 500rwhp the stock blower is just about done, some have seen 550rwhp but I would upgrade before I ported it, without a port high 400s is pretty easy though.

Finally, GET IT DYNOED to check the A/F (re-read that about 10 times please). Its well worth it to ensure its safe as those cars do not have a knock sensor and you do not want it to be lean. I would aim fir 11.7 a/f~ all the way across the board at WOT
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Re: goodbye 2005-2007 forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
yup, much about 500rwhp the stock blower is just about done, some have seen 550rwhp but I would upgrade before I ported it, without a port high 400s is pretty easy though.
You guys are crazy lol. It is sick that 450 WHP isn't 'high HP' to some people.

I know, I know, "never enough power" but serious. 450-470 on a Term with pulley/bolt ons/tune is plenty of power for almost anyone. You get to a point where it is too powerful to drive daily practically and then at that point it is sad to see some beasts sit in driveways.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: goodbye 2005-2007 forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post
You guys are crazy lol. It is sick that 450 WHP isn't 'high HP' to some people.

I know, I know, "never enough power" but serious. 450-470 on a Term with pulley/bolt ons/tune is plenty of power for almost anyone. You get to a point where it is too powerful to drive daily practically and then at that point it is sad to see some beasts sit in driveways.
450-475rwhp/tq is about right anymore is just about to much for a normal tire daily driver~ that is about 3600lbs-3800lbs. I would say 500 or more you simply start to either just want to drag race it (as no traction really) or you just want it to say you have it lol.

The good thing is the roots blower really really helps low end so its great to have for driving around.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Mine makes 490/490 on the eaton. Still perfectly tame and nowhere near fast enough. There's no such thing as enough power

Congrats and welcome to the fun side of mustangs
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Re: goodbye 2005-2007 forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
450-475rwhp/tq is about right anymore is just about to much for a normal tire daily driver~ that is about 3600lbs-3800lbs. I would say 500 or more you simply start to either just want to drag race it (as no traction really) or you just want it to say you have it lol.

The good thing is the roots blower really really helps low end so its great to have for driving around.
Right, but it is also a lot of power to most people who aren't dragging their car into the 10s/9s/8s. So when it is stated that 'to make power' the car needs a new blower, it makes me laugh and gasp lol because I find 500WHP more than enough for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Mine makes 490/490 on the eaton. Still perfectly tame and nowhere near fast enough. There's no such thing as enough power

Congrats and welcome to the fun side of mustangs
haha
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank07stanggt
raded in my 2007 gt for a 2004 cobra. it's freaking sweet
Fine looking car
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
frank07stanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 292
Re: goodbye 2005-2007 forum

well I got this one for 16k and it had 10k less miles than my 07, and it has an upgraded pulley, and I spanked a 6.0 gto last night. I looked into the new 5.0 but too $$$ pricey for me right now. time to get it dynod to see what kind of numbers it puts up.
frank07stanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #21
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank07stanggt
well I got this one for 16k and it had 10k less miles than my 07, and it has an upgraded pulley, and I spanked a 6.0 gto last night. I looked into the new 5.0 but too $$$ pricey for me right now. time to get it dynod to see what kind of numbers it puts up.
Awesome! Head out to the track and get you some 1/4 mile runs down on the books before you make any changes.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
TtownMach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
Finally, GET IT DYNOED to check the A/F (re-read that about 10 times please). Its well worth it to ensure its safe as those cars do not have a knock sensor and you do not want it to be lean. I would aim fir 11.7 a/f~ all the way across the board at WOT
^^ good point
Also may look into getting a wideband a/f gauge.
__________________
5-Speed-IUP, Predator tuned, k&n cai,Mrt shifter,Hooker Lts-o/f x-pipe, KC clutch,Alum flywheel,FR 4:10's. Upr rear control arms. Forged Teksid Eaton swap in progress!

WickedStangs Mustang Club
Tulsa,OK Chapter President
TtownMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Re: goodbye 2005-2007 forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank07stanggt View Post
well I got this one for 16k and it had 10k less miles than my 07, and it has an upgraded pulley, and I spanked a 6.0 gto last night. I looked into the new 5.0 but too $$$ pricey for me right now. time to get it dynod to see what kind of numbers it puts up.
Good run against the GTO. Don't get used to it.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: goodbye 2005-2007 forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank07stanggt View Post
raded in my 2007 gt for a 2004 cobra. it's freaking sweet
Hey, what are the exact differences, you notice in the two cars?
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: goodbye 2005-2007 forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
Hey, what are the exact differences, you notice in the two cars?
ive driven my friends 08 GT with bolts on's tune (300-320rwhp) a good bit.

Vs my 03 his car feels stiffer even though mine is lowered with stiff springs (vert so you can only do so much)

His clutch is FAR lighter (vs my cable and stiff OEM clutch but aftermarkets fix this)

His steering feels a bit tighter but not much

my car rides smoother (IRS)

my shifter is further forward but feels far more positive due to no linkage like the 05+ have

acceleration down low, middle, and up top his cant compare, just doesnt have the low end especially mine has. I just have a lot of tq really early.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Re: goodbye 2005-2007 forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
ive driven my friends 08 GT with bolts on's tune (300-320rwhp) a good bit.

Vs my 03 his car feels stiffer even though mine is lowered with stiff springs (vert so you can only do so much)

His clutch is FAR lighter (vs my cable and stiff OEM clutch but aftermarkets fix this)

His steering feels a bit tighter but not much

my car rides smoother (IRS)

my shifter is further forward but feels far more positive due to no linkage like the 05+ have

acceleration down low, middle, and up top his cant compare, just doesnt have the low end especially mine has. I just have a lot of tq really early.
Not really a fair comparison though wouldn't you say? You have over 140 more power and torque haha.

I hated how sloppy my car was, does his have suspension mods? My steering and response was crap too.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #27
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

Not really a fair comparison though wouldn't you say? You have over 140 more power and torque haha.

I hated how sloppy my car was, does his have suspension mods? My steering and response was crap too.
You're correct, not fair... But KATO asked for it lol
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: goodbye 2005-2007 forum

I did ask for that Info, I was more curious than anything about the difference.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
Eh of that floats your boat, but for the price of that I'm sure you could of got a newer 5.0. And had the way better looks, better interior and just as fast if not faster stock to stock
Terminators sell for 20-25k typically. A new 5.0 is 31 for a basic GT up to 40 for a premium convertible.
I see your point, but 5-15k is a huge difference to some people.
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: goodbye 2005-2007 forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post
Not really a fair comparison though wouldn't you say? You have over 140 more power and torque haha.

I hated how sloppy my car was, does his have suspension mods? My steering and response was crap too.
he was lowered with eibach pro kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPressure View Post
Terminators sell for 20-25k typically. A new 5.0 is 31 for a basic GT up to 40 for a premium convertible.
I see your point, but 5-15k is a huge difference to some people.
20k is probably average for a good clean one, 25k is for a top notch SUPER low mile car in a rare combo.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
frank07stanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 292
Re: goodbye 2005-2007 forum

main difference is if you floor it in first the tires just spin even if you are already moving. never had that "problem" with the 07. lol
frank07stanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:35 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.