2008gt headers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #1

Region: Louisiana
2008gt headers

What headers are best for my gt? People are telling me kooks long tube. But is it really worth the money.
wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by wood
What headers are best for my gt? People are telling me kooks long tube. But is it really worth the money.
Not worth the money, people who got suckered into buying them got a hurt butthole and now they want others to waste their money and will stop at nothing to justify why they spent that kinda money.

Bargain headers are pacesetters they fit good and dyno proven to make about 30 hp ( my buddy dynod 318rwhp with them and tune and JLT ) but they are carbon steel, so not good for the rust belt area unless you get them powercoated

Good headers are anything stainless

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: 2008gt headers

BBK headers,. fit very good your choice of steel, stainless steel, or ceramic coating, choice of mid-pipes also. O/R or Catted ARH are also good. I like Pacesetter too, you can have them ceramic coated also. If car is a DD you need quality headers, for the money i would use BBK ,
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wood
I think kooks are the best! I ran Pacesetters on my GTO and did ok but had a exhaust leak and rusted and made about 27hp with them, I bought the kooks and so much better fit and finish no leaks no rust and made about 34hp with the kooks. My opinion is yes there worth the Money, but it's all what your budget is
Zaks06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #5

My budget was 1000 dollars for headers an x pipe. I have a k and intake with the predator tuner. But now friends say I should have brought sct.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
Not worth the money, people who got suckered into buying them got a hurt butthole and now they want others to waste their money and will stop at nothing to justify why they spent that kinda money.

Bargain headers are pacesetters they fit good and dyno proven to make about 30 hp ( my buddy dynod 318rwhp with them and tune and JLT ) but they are carbon steel, so not good for the rust belt area unless you get them powercoated

Good headers are anything stainless
Kooks are stainless steel and top 3 power gains easy on top of the fact that they almost always fit perfect.

Also, what was your friend's baseline? Otherwise, 30 HP wasn't proven there. Kooks are worth every penny, I got Pypes though because of cost for me.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I bought stainless pypes lts, simply because they were out of mid pipes for the pacesetters. Unless your building a drag car where every HP counts, save the extra money for other mods. Your not going to feel any difference between a $1,200 pair and the $500 pair.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #8

Thanks all. I just want a fast street mustang. With best parts for the money.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

Kooks are stainless steel and top 3 power gains easy on top of the fact that they almost always fit perfect.

Also, what was your friend's baseline? Otherwise, 30 HP wasn't proven there. Kooks are worth every penny, I got Pypes though because of cost for me.
Idk his base I assume 290 or less which is typical of a tune/intake car only, and who says pacesetters didn't fit perfect? Do you have an independent study of power added on all the different headers on the same car with same mid pipe? Till then kooks are just over priced headers

Old 06-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I got kooks and I gotta say. No complaints here. They're awesome. All depends what your budget is like.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Idk his base I assume 290 or less which is typical of a tune/intake car only, and who says pacesetters didn't fit perfect? Do you have an independent study of power added on all the different headers on the same car with same mid pipe? Till then kooks are just over priced headers
There actually is one lol. Pacesetters unfortunately wasn't tested.

I never said the pacesetters did not make power, but the quality of the Kooks is unmatched.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 06-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Compared to what? Pacesetters downfall is being carbon steel and I doubt there's a big quality difference after that

Old 06-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

You answered your own question. The material is completely different.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviG2010
You answered your own question. The material is completely different.
That doesn't change the quality just the longevity of the part but what do you want for 250 dollars?, but compare it to a pair if 400-500 dollar SS headers, pypes for example they are SS and same quality and even look the same and still hella cheaper

Old 06-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Longetivity is part of quality. And I would need to have both items for the same amount of time in order to determine which is better. Can't be determined by taking multiple peoples words or by reading about it. It's all about trying it out.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Longevity is not apart of quality if you know your buying something that is two different materials, but ya I'm not trying to sell a pair of pacesetters to you, I just want people to think for themselves and review all brands not just rush to the most expensive part, just like the CAIs people try to buy the most expensive one while the cheapest has good-best quality and yields some of the best gains

Old 06-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Fair enough. I agree with the cai quality. Some are way too over rated.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I love my kooks the sound great and I don't complain about the money. I was gonna get bbk but found my kooks used for cheap and am glad that I spent my money!!
OneSick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Compared to what? Pacesetters downfall is being carbon steel and I doubt there's a big quality difference after that
there ABSOLUTELY is.
Quote:
That doesn't change the quality just the longevity of the part but what do you want for 250 dollars?, but compare it to a pair if 400-500 dollar SS headers, pypes for example they are SS and same quality and even look the same and still hella cheaper
Exactly, you get what you PAY for The quality of the material WILL be a DIRECT correlation to longevity. BBK headers have proven gains, there is no doubt about them. Maybe even pacesetters, but their quality and longevity is not that of Kooks. A few of these companies offer stainless and mild and their own prices vary tremendously.

Quote:
Longevity is not apart of quality
lolwut?

If it doesn't last it has NO quality.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 06-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

there ABSOLUTELY is.

Exactly, you get what you PAY for The quality of the material WILL be a DIRECT correlation to longevity. BBK headers have proven gains, there is no doubt about them. Maybe even pacesetters, but their quality and longevity is not that of Kooks. A few of these companies offer stainless and mild and their own prices vary tremendously.

lolwut?

If it doesn't last it has NO quality.

Don't take my stuff out of context, you can't say kooks is made better or is higher quality just because it's stainless steel, I'm talking about craftsmanship, I know the flaws of carbon steel, I mentioned that in my very first post, and said it was the bargain option, If you buy a pair of CS headers and your unaware of the prep work needed to take care of them that's on you. All said in my first post everyone would be running to the rescue of kooks like some sheeps, if money is a problem buy pacesetters and get them powdercoated, if not buy bbk or pypes stainless steel

Old 06-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Don't take my stuff out of context, you can't say kooks is made better or is higher quality just because it's stainless steel, I'm talking about craftsmanship, I know the flaws of carbon steel, I mentioned that in my very first post, and said it was the bargain option, If you buy a pair of CS headers and your unaware of the prep work needed to take care of them that's on you. All said in my first post everyone would be running to the rescue of kooks like some sheeps, if money is a problem buy pacesetters and get them powdercoated, if not buy bbk or pypes stainless steel
Correct. Craftsmanship. Kooks has fantastic craftsmanship. Hence the word quality, which includes all those variables.

The fact is that Kooks makes fantastic headers, their craftsmanship is top notch and their power gains are equal or above most if not all other brands.

A common outright lie is that a 'header is just header' or 'it is just a pipe'. There are reasons these companies have been out for ever, not just a couple of years. People vote with their wallet. You can not assume everyone who buys expensive parts is dumb or naive. That is naive in itself to have such a train of thought.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 06-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

No body here is saying kooks ain't quality or produces 2-4 at best more horsepower, I'm just saying best spend your money on Mac, bbk or pypes, and if you want kooks to come down in price just stop buying them

Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No body here is saying kooks ain't quality or produces 2-4 at best more horsepower, I'm just saying best spend your money on Mac, bbk or pypes, and if you want kooks to come down in price just stop buying them
For what it is worth in support of your argument, I believe Kooks hasn't always dyno'd the highest.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT