GT500 Mufflers to Quiet the Beast? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #1

Region: New York
GT500 Mufflers to Quiet the Beast?

So my current setup as of yesterday is JBA offroad x pipe with pypes pipe bombs.. It's my daily driver and I live 20 Min away from NYC where the cops go nuts for loud exhausts. It is extremely loud. So I wanted to get a muffler back instead of the straight through design to make her quieter. Research tells me with offroad piping a lot of people go with GT500 mufflers because they are louder than stock and don't brake the bank and would help the screaming loud noise that echoes off the buliding i live next to. Does this sound right to you guys? Just looking for more opinions! Thanks!
S0cuety is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Re: GT500 Mufflers to Quiet the Beast?

O/R X with Pypes Bombs! It must be super loud!

I've tried a couple of exhaust setups by now and I think what I've got now is a good combination.

- Ford Racing Stainless Steel Shorty Headers
- UPR Off-road X-Pipe
- Magnaflow Mufflers (11236) welded as an axle-back set (same as 15882 part number)

IMO, Magnaflow Street Mufflers sound good with an O/R X. By the way, they are straight through design, but they sound just a little louder than stock mufflers. Best of all, they remove most of the O/R X rasp.

Good luck!
08 Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Magnaflow would b perfect for you then... I had long tubes bassani off rd x and magnaflow axle backs and you could drive around town windows down and talk on the phone... but if you put the hammer down it sounded great and would drowned out a Aston Martian db5... almost lol... (I ran one from 0-100) the guy I sold em to is about to sell his car bet I can pick them up for you cheap...
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT