any of u buy this stuff: - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
any of u buy this stuff:

I'm getting ready to replace a bunch of stuff on the car... for a tune up... just seeing what your opinion is on:
Coil plugs
Frpp spark plugs
New.polyethylene bushings every where
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Motocraft or axcell or msd that's your call but I don't replace cops unless they are bad motocraft plugs bushings why ?
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: any of u buy this stuff:

stay ford OEM for coil packs and plugs, dont go aftermarket as many have issues. As far as plugs make sure they are not the ones that are known to break in half.

Many 05+ GT's have had plugs break in half on removal, its just how they are so be CAREFUL. Even if you let Ford do it, and they know about this.... they will still charge you 100-200 PER plug that breaks regardless if its a design flaw on their part or not

Bushings, Poly is fine but Delrin is better in many ways, you get a worse ride though so its a trade off. Go to maximum motorsports and review their product offerings and info. AmericanMucle has discounts for forum members so you can buy their stuff from AM.com's site and save as well.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
RedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 102
I have poly engine mounts, upper and lower Rear ctrl arms and shifter. Gave me a 25% increase of fuel mileage with my 91 tune. Huge power to the ground difference, and no wheel hop. Go for it.

Keep in mind that the ride will be stiffer with poly though. But it's worth it. Just grease them properly during the install.
RedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGT
I have poly engine mounts, upper and lower Rear ctrl arms and shifter. Gave me a 25% increase of fuel mileage with my 91 tune. Huge power to the ground difference, and no wheel hop. Go for it.

Keep in mind that the ride will be stiffer with poly though. But it's worth it. Just grease them properly during the install.
Bushings gave you 25% better mpg?
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
RedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Bushings gave you 25% better mpg?
Ford uses cheap rubber bushings. Try this for fun. Open the hood of your car, rev the engine to 4500 rpm or higher and watch how much the engine moves. Each time you accelerate the engine compresses the mount before putting power to the ground. Same happens with the ctrl arms. By using poly bushings there is significantly less movement and the body of the car is moved much sooner because there is no give in the bushings. All that to say the car takes off faster everytime, wasting less power in the bushings. Add this to a tune and you can get a huge gain in mpg.
RedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #7
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGT

Ford uses cheap rubber bushings. Try this for fun. Open the hood of your car, rev the engine to 4500 rpm or higher and watch how much the engine moves. Each time you accelerate the engine compresses the mount before putting power to the ground. Same happens with the ctrl arms. By using poly bushings there is significantly less movement and the body of the car is moved much sooner because there is no give in the bushings. All that to say the car takes off faster everytime, wasting less power in the bushings. Add this to a tune and you can get a huge gain in mpg.
I could see the trade off being that your engine is absorbing more impact than with the stock bushings. Is that bad?
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGT

Ford uses cheap rubber bushings. Try this for fun. Open the hood of your car, rev the engine to 4500 rpm or higher and watch how much the engine moves. Each time you accelerate the engine compresses the mount before putting power to the ground. Same happens with the ctrl arms. By using poly bushings there is significantly less movement and the body of the car is moved much sooner because there is no give in the bushings. All that to say the car takes off faster everytime, wasting less power in the bushings. Add this to a tune and you can get a huge gain in mpg.
What kind of mpg are you getting? 25% seems like a huge increase.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
RedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

I could see the trade off being that your engine is absorbing more impact than with the stock bushings. Is that bad?
The engine does take a bit more of a beating but I have 80K and no issues.
RedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #10
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGT

The engine does take a bit more of a beating but I have 80K and no issues.
Cool!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
RedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

What kind of mpg are you getting? 25% seems like a huge increase.
I get 24.5 in the city and 29.7 hwy. The increase is partly due to the tune as well, but between the tune and bushings it's a huge difference. Keep in mind I'm also at 2000' above sea level too.
RedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:18 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.