Titans!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Titans!!!

Well after getting out the hospital for appendix removal I've had 3 encounters with Mustang Titans here they are! I FREAKING LOVE GAS STATIONS! They're like watering holes and I'm always there when the beast come to fill up!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120629_102458.png
Views:	255
Size:	534.5 KB
ID:	56922

Name:	ForumRunner_20120629_102440.png
Views:	241
Size:	527.1 KB
ID:	56921

Name:	ForumRunner_20120629_102424.png
Views:	261
Size:	489.3 KB
ID:	56920

Name:	ForumRunner_20120629_102404.png
Views:	248
Size:	502.3 KB
ID:	56919

Name:	ForumRunner_20120629_102351.png
Views:	258
Size:	534.9 KB
ID:	56918

Name:	ForumRunner_20120629_102337.png
Views:	234
Size:	428.6 KB
ID:	56917

Name:	ForumRunner_20120629_102324.png
Views:	230
Size:	572.8 KB
ID:	56916

Name:	ForumRunner_20120629_102312.png
Views:	230
Size:	499.9 KB
ID:	56915
Mr. SoloDolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. SoloDolo
Well after getting out the hospital for appendix removal I've had 3 encounters with Mustang Titans here they are! I FREAKING LOVE GAS STATIONS! They're like watering holes and I'm always there when the beast come to fill up!
Those are awesome, but is the AC cobra considered a mustang? Those old school cobras are literally my dream car. I will own one of those.
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I don't consider the original 60s Cobras a mustang at all. They are SO MUCH BETTER! They aren't ford, but Shelby (essentially). As gorgeous as that Cobra is, I would put money all day, every day saying that's it's just a kit-car. I'd still kill to get a kit like that though. $60-70k is an amazing deal to own the most beautiful American car ever built and I absolutely WILL get one as soon after med-school.
Pardon my bluntness, but I am almost certain that no GT350s have been produced until the newest 2012/13 models since the early 70s.
I call BS on that S197. It has none of the proper markings that a Shelby should have and even displays GT badges.
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPressure
I don't consider the original 60s Cobras a mustang at all. They are SO MUCH BETTER! They aren't ford, but Shelby (essentially). As gorgeous as that Cobra is, I would put money all day, every day saying that's it's just a kit-car. I'd still kill to get a kit like that though. $60-70k is an amazing deal to own the most beautiful American car ever built and I absolutely WILL get one as soon after med-school.
Pardon my bluntness, but I am almost certain that no GT350s have been produced until the newest 2012/13 models since the early 70s.
I call BS on that S197. It has none of the proper markings that a Shelby should have and even displays GT badges.
Call BS if you must but yeah they're are GT350 they didn't reintroduce them until the S197 body style. And you can get a factory five roadster that looks just like the Cobra and drop a5.0 in it!
Old 07-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
The ac cobra is not a mustang.... but it's 100% Ford... why you would say it's not is dumb... I just left Vegas at the Shelby house where they are built... ad for the gt350... first one to come out recently is 2013... fact... again went to Shelby house....
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Re: Titans!!!

A friend of mine bought this Kit Cobra after it had been in a barn fire

Today it looks like this. Friend and his dad fixed the car up in their garage. The strange thing is neither would be considered a knowledgeable mechanically inclined car person. They basically never worked on cars before,
Old 07-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDAGIN
A friend of mine bought this Kit Cobra after it had been in a barn fire

Today it looks like this. Friend and his dad fixed the car up in their garage. The strange thing is neither would be considered a knowledgeable mechanically inclined car person. They basically never worked on cars before,
AMAZING!!!!!!!! I so want a superformance mkIII. Like I said, I will own one of these.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545

The ac cobra is not a mustang.... but it's 100% Ford... why you would say it's not is dumb... I just left Vegas at the Shelby house where they are built... ad for the gt350... first one to come out recently is 2013... fact... again went to Shelby house....
Chill, man. I didn't mean to offend. I didn't realize that Ford made anything on the original Cobras except the motor.
Shelby isn't Ford either, so I don't really see how one being at a Shelby museum means it's a Ford.
Watch where you jump on me about the GT350s. I CLEARLY stated that no "S197 GT350s" were produced. Regardless, I'll research the Cobra issue and see! I'm quite intrigued honestly. I thought Shelby designed the car himself and just popped a Ford 427 in it.

Edit: Awesome! Looks like Carroll saved AC from tanking by modifying their roadster. I was right, the entire chassis was built in the UK by AC and the only Ford part was the motor.
Conclusion: it is NOT a Ford vehicle like SilverSky said.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Chill, man. I didn't mean to offend. I didn't realize that Ford made anything on the original Cobras.
Shelby isn't Ford either, so I don't really see how one being at a Shelby museum means it's a Ford.
Watch where you jump on me about the GT350s. I CLEARLY stated that no "S197 GT350s" were produced. Regardless, I'll research the Cobra issue and see! I'm quite intrigued honestly. I thought Shelby designed the car himself and just popped a Ford 427 in it.
Shelby did design the car and it is a Shelby, not a Ford. The engine was from Ford, technically original Shelby cobras pull a lot from a British company AC, which is where the chasis and some body cues come from. I do agree that all Shelby mustangs are very much Ford, but the Shelby Cobra from the 60s and 70s were not.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomo2

Shelby did design the car and it is a Shelby, not a Ford. The engine was from Ford, technically original Shelby cobras pull a lot from a British company AC, which is where the chasis and some body cues come from. I do agree that all Shelby mustangs are very much Ford, but the Shelby Cobra from the 60s and 70s were not.
Appreciate it! I only meant that the original Cobra was not Ford, not that all Shelby cars are not Ford! My apologies for any vagueness. Sadly enough, Shelby GT500s aren't really even Shelby..SVT builds them but legal matters (and respect) force Shelby decals to be on them. It's kinda disappointing.
I thought it was humorous that Ford wasn't even the first choice for the AC! Carroll wanted a Chevy motor at first bit they didn't have anything he liked.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

cleaned the entire carpet before pix
Old 07-02-2012, 12:50 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ForumRunner_20120702_004954.png
Views:	140
Size:	594.8 KB
ID:	57303
Old 07-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Appreciate it! I only meant that the original Cobra was not Ford, not that all Shelby cars are not Ford! My apologies for any vagueness. Sadly enough, Shelby GT500s aren't really even Shelby..SVT builds them but legal matters (and respect) force Shelby decals to be on them. It's kinda disappointing.
I thought it was humorous that Ford wasn't even the first choice for the AC! Carroll wanted a Chevy motor at first bit they didn't have anything he liked.
I love cobras, and I have since I was little. I did find it humorous that he went looking at a Chevy motor first. SVT does design the new ones, but supposedly before he died, he test drove and approved every new cobra design. They said it had to be up to his standards. I didn't think you were vague, some people honestly believe that the old cobras are Fords and it would be hard not to these days without some research. The only Shelby cobras out in the last 10 years are Shelby mustangs.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Don't take it to heart it always seems like silversky is responding with a stick in his *** that's just the way he writes he doesn't mean any harm by it! I'm just glad I stand corrected before this topic came up in a conversation with other mustang heads! ;I would've opened my mouth and looked like a total ******!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I love to entertain... you are correct about the body being saved... what I ment by ac being Ford was the motor and suspension rear end gears trany... ect... as for him wanting to go w Chevy motor... that's not what the guys at the Shelby house nor the Shelby club meets I attend say... BTW I was not responding to anyone in particular I skimed through the thread and threw out my post
Old 07-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

No matter where it came from or almost was, that is still one of the most bad a** cars of all time and they used to whoop up on everyone, even Ferrari and Lamborghini.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomo2
No matter where it came from or almost was, that is still one of the most bad a** cars of all time and they used to whoop up on everyone, even Ferrari and Lamborghini.
Bad boys.... 911 beats it... lol
Old 07-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545

Bad boys.... 911 beats it... lol
True, but even then, which would you rather been driving up until the crash. LoL

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT