Suspension noises - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Suspension noises

A while back I lowered my 09 GT about 3" and installed an adjustable rear panhard. I'm pretty anal about installing things right and retightening every nut and bolt, but every since the drop I've had rattles and pops that are very annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?
JonChambers03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonChambers03
A while back I lowered my 09 GT about 3" and installed an adjustable rear panhard. I'm pretty anal about installing things right and retightening every nut and bolt, but every since the drop I've had rattles and pops that are very annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have the eibach sportline and I have the same problem, I went to 2 places to have it checked and both places and seen to find anything, I think it might be a body bushing of some kind
Zaks06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

That's the same kit I used. In the front it pops when I turn while driving slow and clunks/rattles over things like speed bumps. In the rear there is usually a constant rattle over the slightest bumps which I think is mostly from the panhard, but also some from the rear springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonChambers03
That's the same kit I used. In the front it pops when I turn while driving slow and clunks/rattles over things like speed bumps. In the rear there is usually a constant rattle over the slightest bumps which I think is mostly from the panhard, but also some from the rear springs.
Yup mine does the same wish I could figure it out
Zaks06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
This happened to me as well, turns out the play was in the new pan hard bar end links and adjusters. Would up swapping my roto end link style bar back to just poly bushings. This time while adjusting on the car, I coated the threads with blue loctite.

Jack up you car by the frame , crawl under, try to move the pan hard bar left and right to listen for any sort of clicking or rattle..
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler Go: FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
GTRob504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Ok thanks. I know sometimes the nut that tightens the panhard adjustment comes loose.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT