2007 gt windows wont go up. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
2007 gt windows wont go up.

In most cases when there is a car issue it can be traced back to faulty work,mods or gremlins. After work i rolled down my windows,headed home and parked now they wont go up....Help!!i check the fuses ad im in the process of chasing wires.
OmegaRedGT 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Not sure if this is it. But try disconnecting battery wait 5 minutes and reconnect. I've noticed sometimes this resets things. Good luck
Roger07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
By any chance does any water seep thru the fuse box on your passanger side?
05MUSTANG4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
First thing u wanna do is remove the switch and perform a continuity test on it. If its all good then find which contacts are crossed when you push the button in the direction that you would to roll up the window. Find the corisponding points on the connector at the door and use a jumper wire to connect them. If the window goes up then its the switch, if not then it may be the automatic window motor. With two jumper wires, connect the positive from the positive terminal of the cars battery to one of those affore mentiond connections and the negative from the other connection to a ground on ur car (any bare metal part that is likely connected in some form or fasion to the negative terminal of the battery). If nothing happens, switch the wires. If the window goes up then there is some wiring issue. If still nothing happens then your automatic window motor has gone bad and needs to be replaced. Cost me blood sweat and tears on my car - not fun, but feels really good to know u fixed it urself.
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Its both driver and pass windows..the connector is getting power.. Ill use a multimeter on the switch.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8
First thing u wanna do is remove the switch and perform a continuity test on it. If its all good then find which contacts are crossed when you push the button in the direction that you would to roll up the window. Find the corisponding points on the connector at the door and use a jumper wire to connect them. If the window goes up then its the switch, if not then it may be the automatic window motor. With two jumper wires, connect the positive from the positive terminal of the cars battery to one of those affore mentiond connections and the negative from the other connection to a ground on ur car (any bare metal part that is likely connected in some form or fasion to the negative terminal of the battery). If nothing happens, switch the wires. If the window goes up then there is some wiring issue. If still nothing happens then your automatic window motor has gone bad and needs to be replaced. Cost me blood sweat and tears on my car - not fun, but feels really good to know u fixed it urself.
Yes it does! How I can relate.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRedGT 2007
Its both driver and pass windows..the connector is getting power.. Ill use a multimeter on the switch.
Both stopped working at the same time?
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8

Both stopped working at the same time?
Yeah which makes me think its a grounding issue, i got a mm from a buddy so ill see what i can find.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT