Oil Topics...what do you use? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:50 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to sledgehammer
Re: Oil Topics...what do you use?

I have considered KY for my car. it doesnt seem to care of the temperature....
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2008, 11:51 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to sledgehammer

or rpm... or pressure......
Old 02-26-2008, 08:56 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Send a message via AIM to braumab Send a message via MSN to braumab

yeah ... good luck with that.
braumab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

I run the following in mine and love it:

Mobil 1 5/20 in Motor
Royal Purple 75/140 Gear in the Rearend
Royal Purple 10W Synchromax in the Tranny
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:18 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I keep OEM fill in my tranny for a few reasons... there are other fills out there but no one really knows for sure how they effect it as there are different types of T-56s and the stock fill does the job just fine and I dont have to worry about my blocker rings or some crap getting messed up by running GM syncromesh or RP or what not~ speaking of which I need to change my trans fluid... its been about 15k miles.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:35 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

I switched from the Motorcraft 5-20 to Royal Purple. Did not really see a difference except in my wallet.................
Old 02-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #42
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05bluestang View Post
I switched from the Motorcraft 5-20 to Royal Purple. Did not really see a difference except in my wallet.................
I thought about changing over to RP this oil change, but I think I am just going to stick with the Mobil 1 5w20 like all the rest of my changes. Figured I'd put the few extra bucks in the gas tank instead of in the oil.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:23 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

i use royal purple 5w20 and a k&n oil filter
Old 04-22-2008, 06:30 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

I use Mobil 1 and won't change it 'til it gets dirty. My old '94 Mustang GT went 35,000 miles between an oil change once, and lasted over 200,000 miles when I sold it. This car made several 1000 trips down the 1/4 mile. I also use RedLine WaterWetter in the radiator. I had to replace my timeing chain @ 167,000 miles and when I took the water pump off, it looked new (as well as the inside radiator (looked inside the radiator with a flashlight to see what kind of corrosion I had and there was none. The flashlight nearly blinded me, it was so clean)). Changing oil is tough on the engine due to the fact that, after an oil change, the engine starts up dry. You can put some in the filter, but it takes about 7-10 seconds for the oil pressure to rise (don't believe me? check your oil pressure guage next time you change the oil). A lot of wear and tear is done at this time. Synthetics help with that problem by leaving a film on the parts. Since synthetics (theoreticaly- sheesh I can't spell...) never wear out, change the oil and filter only when it gets discolored. If it needs oil...top it off. A small magnet on your oil pan and on your filter will help trap any metal particles the may be floating around in your oil. Use a good filter (I use Mobil 1, K&N, Motorcraft). Thats my 2 cents worth.
RedRoushOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05bluestang View Post
Yeah thats what I seem to think go for the Mobile One
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:05 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoushOne View Post
I use Mobil 1 and won't change it 'til it gets dirty. My old '94 Mustang GT went 35,000 miles between an oil change once, and lasted over 200,000 miles when I sold it. This car made several 1000 trips down the 1/4 mile. I also use RedLine WaterWetter in the radiator. I had to replace my timeing chain @ 167,000 miles and when I took the water pump off, it looked new (as well as the inside radiator (looked inside the radiator with a flashlight to see what kind of corrosion I had and there was none. The flashlight nearly blinded me, it was so clean)). Changing oil is tough on the engine due to the fact that, after an oil change, the engine starts up dry. You can put some in the filter, but it takes about 7-10 seconds for the oil pressure to rise (don't believe me? check your oil pressure guage next time you change the oil). A lot of wear and tear is done at this time. Synthetics help with that problem by leaving a film on the parts. Since synthetics (theoreticaly- sheesh I can't spell...) never wear out, change the oil and filter only when it gets discolored. If it needs oil...top it off. A small magnet on your oil pan and on your filter will help trap any metal particles the may be floating around in your oil. Use a good filter (I use Mobil 1, K&N, Motorcraft). Thats my 2 cents worth.
iam just not that brave. it still kills me to go to 5000 miles with the royal purple i use.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:09 AM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoushOne View Post
To each there own I rather be safe then sorry

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to rwboring

filters are NOT the same that is why there is a 10$ price difference... for a stock mustang it isnt a big deal but for high heat (such as turbo) you are not supposed to use fram because it (from what heard) has glue, where something like K&N doesnt... under high temps the glue can break up... but i run fram on my 289

for oil... six one way half a dozen the other... ive always ran valvoline in my 65... in my shelby Z (turbo) ive always ran mobile 1... in my 03 i run motorcraft oil and filter...
rwboring is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT