My Mustang gets a break for a while!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
My Mustang gets a break for a while!!

I just bought me a little v6 truck to drive back and forth to work!! So now my Mustang gets to sleep in the garage and become my weekend play toy!! Shes officially retired as my DD!! Pretty happy cause i hate running the miles up on it!! Only has 45k on her! But i got me a good deal on a Nissan Frontier!! Haha! 3000 for it and it Blue Books for 11!! The guy was rich and just wanted cash instead of trying it at a dealership! Its not the prettiest in the world but it will do! Runs like a champ!! I plan on driving for the next month or so until school starts and ill sale it for for 2 or 3 times what i paid and get a different car or something!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0103.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	59359



Couple pics of the Mustang

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120716_214836.png
Views:	279
Size:	794.8 KB
ID:	59360



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120716_214914.png
Views:	280
Size:	885.5 KB
ID:	59361



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120716_214934.png
Views:	283
Size:	870.0 KB
ID:	59362
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
What a great deal!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
fresh2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
What a great deal!
+1
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
I thought so too!! Im glad i got a good deal but even more glad that the Stang is taking it easy for a while!!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
fresh2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
I thought so too!! Im glad i got a good deal but even more glad that the Stang is taking it easy for a while!!
Wanna do me a favor? Go ask this rich guy if he has anymore more cars he wants to get rid of for cheap hahaha
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death

Wanna do me a favor? Go ask this rich guy if he has anymore more cars he wants to get rid of for cheap hahaha
Haha! I will! He had a Range Rover, brand new Jeep, still had the dealer tag on it in the driveway, and atleast a 4 car garage, no telling what was in there. Haha
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
fresh2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

Haha! I will! He had a Range Rover, brand new Jeep, still had the dealer tag on it in the driveway, and atleast a 4 car garage, no telling what was in there. Haha
Must be nice to be rich and have a car for each day of the week haha
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death

Must be nice to be rich and have a car for each day of the week haha
Haha!! Yea i know!!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
BCS06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: College Station
Region: Texas
Posts: 197
I would love to not drive my car lol. It can sit in the garage and look good for all I care. I want something with a stick for a dd though.....
BCS06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS06GT
I would love to not drive my car lol. It can sit in the garage and look good for all I care. I want something with a stick for a dd though.....
Yea i know!! I drive about 60 to 70 miles a day so im glad i got a different dd! And once i sale this im getting something with a stick!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #11
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: My Mustang gets a break for a while!!

very nice! what a steal! wish i could park my stang. she gets a ton of miles from work and i hate it.
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 911
You got a heck of a deal.
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6
very nice! what a steal! wish i could park my stang. she gets a ton of miles from work and i hate it.
Yea thats how mine was, i couldnt stand putting wear and tear on it!

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003
You got a heck of a deal.
Yea i know!! Runs perfect! Ill prob sale it tho in a couple of months! Get me something else since i can prob get double what i paid!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #14
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: My Mustang gets a break for a while!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Yea thats how mine was, i couldnt stand putting wear and tear on it!

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------



Yea i know!! Runs perfect! Ill prob sale it tho in a couple of months! Get me something else since i can prob get double what i paid!
i get paid for gas.. but they don't realize the extra expense in tires, oil change, maintenance, etc. plus the used miles that you can never get back and the lesser retail value if you decide to sell. i hate it. been begging for a company vehicle... not gonna happen. i used to have a 96 Explorer for work, but had to sell it when i bought the new car.
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

Yea thats how mine was, i couldnt stand putting wear and tear on it!

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------



Yea i know!! Runs perfect! Ill prob sale it tho in a couple of months! Get me something else since i can prob get double what i paid!
Go find a ford lightning
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #16
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: My Mustang gets a break for a while!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003 View Post
Go find a ford lightning
THAT would be BA!
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Roger07GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 55
Nice looking car. I'd want to make it last too. I just bought an '07 a couple months ago (50,000 mile on it). It's my weekend joy ride. I'm in the process of fixing it up. They're fun cars to drive.
Roger07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6

i get paid for gas.. but they don't realize the extra expense in tires, oil change, maintenance, etc. plus the used miles that you can never get back and the lesser retail value if you decide to sell. i hate it. been begging for a company vehicle... not gonna happen. i used to have a 96 Explorer for work, but had to sell it when i bought the new car.
Exactly, tires especially! And yea the more miles the less money your gonna get if you decide to sale! But i plan on keeping mine for a long time! I love it! I hope you get another dd to keep the miles off!

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

Go find a ford lightning
Thats a pretty good idea!! Haha!!

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger07GT
Nice looking car. I'd want to make it last too. I just bought an '07 a couple months ago (50,000 mile on it). It's my weekend joy ride. I'm in the process of fixing it up. They're fun cars to drive.
Thats what mine will be! My weekend play toy! Its cool going to open the garage and see it sitting in there just being bad *** lol! Just ordered new upper and lower grilles! Gonna put them on probably friday!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,420
Cool man! Glad to hear your baby will get a break from the daily grind.
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Cool man! Glad to hear your baby will get a break from the daily grind.
Yea i know!!!thanks man!!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Franco09GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 223
Nice stang!
Franco09GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #22
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Sweet.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco09GT
Nice stang!
Thanks alot man!!!

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Sweet.
Thanks Primer!!!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Couple pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120720_133344.png
Views:	191
Size:	413.3 KB
ID:	59977



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120720_133421.png
Views:	201
Size:	399.5 KB
ID:	59979
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
stemar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: York PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 211
Re: My Mustang gets a break for a while!!

nice truck!!! Its nice to be able to keep your toys in the garrage my GT sits in the garrage all week long keeping my Harley company. I have a company truck for my DD
The only problem I have now is figuring out witch one I want to take out of the garrage when I want to go somewear on the weekend
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
I just bought me a little v6 truck to drive back and forth to work!! So now my Mustang gets to sleep in the garage and become my weekend play toy!! Shes officially retired as my DD!! Pretty happy cause i hate running the miles up on it!! Only has 45k on her! But i got me a good deal on a Nissan Frontier!! Haha! 3000 for it and it Blue Books for 11!! The guy was rich and just wanted cash instead of trying it at a dealership! Its not the prettiest in the world but it will do! Runs like a champ!! I plan on driving for the next month or so until school starts and ill sale it for for 2 or 3 times what i paid and get a different car or something!

Couple pics of the Mustang
What kit do you have on your Stang? I have the same color 06 and I really like that kit. Thanks
mustang06gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang06gt

What kit do you have on your Stang? I have the same color 06 and I really like that kit. Thanks
Its actually my own comination of kits, the side skirts and back bumper are duraflex racer kit and the front bumper is roush. Im getting roush side skirts soon tho, and keeping the durflex racer back bumper.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
I love the duraflex bumper
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120730_181339.png
Views:	142
Size:	432.4 KB
ID:	61470
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 167
Well, it looks really good. Thanks
mustang06gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:11 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.