Trannys? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Trannys?

Im lookin to purchase a new transmission I want a performance one so it can handle a chip ima add later on. Any ideas?
Justintriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Trannys?

Auto or Manual, some info would help, your question is to vague
Old 08-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I think any trans can handle a "chip"

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Potato chip?
BCS06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS06GT View Post
Potato chip?
haha. That made me laugh.

Seriously though, check out Modular Mustang Racing or Late model restoration. Maybe one of those sites will help you out.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Nobody likes trannys!!!!!! Oh you mean transmission....my bad thought you were talkin about somethin else.
black9D5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Did you blow a tranny or something?!?!
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Been waiting for this thread to take this turn lol
The Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
It was a time bomb. Lol
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintriner View Post
Im lookin to purchase a new transmission I want a performance one so it can handle a chip ima add later on. Any ideas?
Mustang did a very good job with their Transmission, not very much needed to modify or replace. If you are dying for change, then try Rear Gears, then maybe Torque Converters if Auto or Shifter if Manual. There are Aftermarket Trans, but not really that necessary. And yes, ALL trans can handle Chips/Tuners, etc. What makes you think that you need to buy a new one?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Lol Y'all are stupid! Lol but it's an automatic. I wanted a Manuel I just got this car for a good deal and couldn't pass it up. But it's a stock transmission with 62k on it and I can feel a little slight slipping in it and I just want to be sure it can handle everything before I start putting more pressure on it. I've heard that mustang transmissions weren't that strong that's why I'm asking
Old 08-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol Y'all are stupid! Lol but it's an automatic. I wanted a Manuel I just got this car for a good deal and couldn't pass it up. But it's a stock transmission with 62k on it and I can feel a little slight slipping in it and I just want to be sure it can handle everything before I start putting more pressure on it. I've heard that mustang transmissions weren't that strong that's why I'm asking
Well what you heard was not accurate. I have a Automatic, with a Tuner/chip and 410 Gears and it can handle that and more. I have had No problems with it, I do get my Trans Fluid and Filter changed periodically. Your slippage coud just be a Maintainance issue. Have it checked out by Pro shop.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintriner
Well, sell it for more than you bought it for, make a little money and buy a manual. You'll probably be happier. If you decide to keep the auto, just do a rebuild/beef it up a little. Torque converter, 4.10's, etc.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Well it was through a dealership and I love this thing! Lol I had a 96 so this 05 is like heaven to me. Lol so you think the stock transmission I have is strong enough to put an intake and a chip and everything else I may want to do in the future to it?
Old 08-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well it was through a dealership and I love this thing! Lol I had a 96 so this 05 is like heaven to me. Lol so you think the stock transmission I have is strong enough to put an intake and a chip and everything else I may want to do in the future to it?
Yes it is, And for future responses, make your replys clear on who you are replying to, talking to. I already have all the things you are reffereing to adding, Supercharger is later. I've chose not to change the stock Torque Converter, cause it's not necessary.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
Yes it is, And for future responses, make your replys clear on who you are replying to, talking to. I already have all the things you are reffereing to adding, Supercharger is later. I've chose not to change the stock Torque Converter, cause it's not necessary.
A high stall converter Is the bees knees

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
I didn't know how to before but I just figured it out. And okay cool thanks. What do you know about superchips? I found one on Craigslist but I don't know anything about them
Old 08-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I didn't know how to before but I just figured it out. And okay cool thanks. What do you know about superchips? I found one on Craigslist but I don't know anything about them
I don't know much about Superchips. I use an SCT, and most of the guys I know use SCT programmers on their Mustangs. I like the SCT. I have heard some good things about Diablosport and Edge programmers.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07

I don't know much about Superchips. I use an SCT, and most of the guys I know use SCT programmers on their Mustangs. I like the SCT. I have heard some good things about Diablosport and Edge programmers.
I know edge is good for diesels, my cousin has one on his duramax but he's about to be upgrading to a new one called EFI live. But okay cool ima take a look at the SCT's
Old 08-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Superchips and Tuners, are pretty much the same thing. More of just a "Play with Words". Really is the same Technology. I have SCT on my Stang, and Diablosport on my wife's car, a 2010 Camaro.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT