This guy kinda makes sense... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Re: This guy kinda makes sense...

was reading this and it made me think of a question. can you set up two different turbos one for low end rpm and one for high end that way you wouldnt get the turbo lag? or would each turbo have to power one side of the engine?
Neilmac23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #37
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Okay awesome, alot of great info right there!! So pretty much, use premium, get dynotuned, keep boost down to 6or8, and ill be fine??
That's pretty much the basics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545 View Post
Trojan if you are in Dallas area I'll bring some experienced folks and install it for you...

As for the guy asking about what brand to choose... I'd go with brenspeeds vortech package... it's everything you need including tuner and tune for around 3k

It's simple... puts down enough power to keep all internal OEM parts safe, and allows you to up the boost if need be... if I remember right you will end you w around 450 rwhp give or take (that's on a 100% stock car) but can make as much as 650wrhp

It's a sick deal if you ask me
I appreciate that, but I'm in Central MO, and it's not going to be a simple install, as I have a boatload of supporting mods to make and parts to install too. I'll get to it eventually, it has just taken way longer than I ever expected.

If Brenspeed can provide all of that for around 3k and it will provide a safe tune and installation then they are definitely the place to go to.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Brebspeeds $3999+ $650 if they install. Still a good deal.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #39
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Brebspeeds $3999+ $650 if they install. Still a good deal.

Yes it is. My Paxton listed for around $4100 for the SC kit alone.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by black9D5 View Post
So I was reading the big debate of turbo vs sc on some forums today when a guy made a valid point in my opinion. He was saying that centris require 30-40 hp to run at top speed, roots require upwards of 60 hp to run at top speed. Then add anything that the crank has to turn( water pump, alternator, etc). So let's say you measure 500 hp at the flywheel. Then Add the hp the sc takes to run and accessories and then stated that the rods might be handling as much as 600hp. Depending on the parasitic losses. Then take drivetrain losses and subtract another 15%. So this means 425 rwhp turns into 600 hp on the rods. However a turbo at the same power level, an electric water pump and aluminum flywheel you could be seeing 575 flywheel hp and 490 rwhp. Basically the guy is saying that higher, safer hp numbers can be achieved with a turbo rather than a sc because the turbo doesn't steal any hp to make it run so the number on your dyno will be closer to what the internals are seeing. Changed my decision between a sc or a tc! Thought the guy had pretty good logic.
I'm not sure I can agree with the whole concept. It seems like when you try to calculate the stress on the rods by backing into the number, it's the same as adding bolt-on mods on top of each other to get a bigger increase. You can put an electric water pump and aluminum flywheel on a SC setup and have gains, the argument seems to go towards justifying turbo over SC. Turbo is not free HP, the increased backpressure on the exhuast has an effect as well.
I think the real argument is with efficiency, it seems hard to calculate how much HP is used to run a SC or a turbo, because they both overcome whatever addtional load created and have a positive effect on HP and Torque. When WOT turbos seem to be more efficient, creating more HP with less PSI, but you have to factor in lag and the acceleration differences. Turbos will always have some lag, although greatly improved in the last 30 years.
SC tends to be easier to install, Turbos tend to be a little cheaper. It's just like any other mod, what are you trying to accomplish and how much money have you got?
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT