CDC Shaker system. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
CDC Shaker system.

i like the look of the hood scoop, but honestly I want as much of my aftermarket work to be functional as possible, no turbo and no supercharger.

This seems like the real deal for ME. Anyone have any experience with them? And how much power increase? Mph?

Im not mechanic, God knows I'm just learning the basic concepts and names of hardware still, but it seems to me this would boost not only power but also average MPG ad well as legit aesthetic appeal. Which to me validates the $700+ price tag from American Muscle.
TrentonPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
The only thing keeping me from getting one is that you have to cut your hood
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: CDC Shaker system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucywalnuts View Post
The only thing keeping me from getting one is that you have to cut your hood
Yeah I didn't NOT note that. But I knew full well that had to happen anyways just in theory. I am only debating on paying a shop to do it, or doing it with my brother.

Not something to just over look though, I agree. and I have racing stripes on it. But that amount of air piped straight in has to make a substantial difference AT LEAST on launch, and all though I will never complain about my 24 mpg, cant hurt that either!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
If you do do it yourself take your time cutting. It would suck to mess up an have to et a new hood.
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucywalnuts
If you do do it yourself take your time cutting. It would suck to mess up an have to et a new hood.
Yeah that idea makes me cringe!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Cutting Hood is easy... it's already guided because of the fake good scoop... if u mess you ur lines I don't think it matters that much... because they provide u w a border that covers up the cuts... as for the performance you will see little to no gain the opening is far too small to bring in enough cooler outside air... not to mention the maze the air has to travel through to get to your intake filter... you can custom make ur own ram air that is a ton more functional... I'm about to run agent 47 head light deletes to slam air that is hitting the nose of the car into the intake box... the gains come from 40 mph and up... if you want to make your own run hoses from your lower grille up to your intake... in-between the hole in your lower grille and the hose run a vacuum like cylinder thing that has a fan inside... it cools incoming air by up to 20 degrees... all this can be found a Pegasus racing. Com
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
Cutting Hood is easy... it's already guided because of the fake good scoop... if u mess you ur lines I don't think it matters that much... because they provide u w a border that covers up the cuts... as for the performance you will see little to no gain the opening is far too small to bring in enough cooler outside air... not to mention the maze the air has to travel through to get to your intake filter... you can custom make ur own ram air that is a ton more functional... I'm about to run agent 47 head light deletes to slam air that is hitting the nose of the car into the intake box... the gains come from 40 mph and up... if you want to make your own run hoses from your lower grille up to your intake... in-between the hole in your lower grille and the hose run a vacuum like cylinder thing that has a fan inside... it cools incoming air by up to 20 degrees... all this can be found a Pegasus racing. Com
Very nice! I will check out the site and do all my homework before i ever cut into my 'Stang!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

you wont see any real power gains over what a normal cold air intake would give you if even that. Thay are mostly for looks, just like those fake scoops
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
you wont see any real power gains over what a normal cold air intake would give you if even that. Thay are mostly for looks, just like those fake scoops
+1

And its a real expensive mod for looks...lol. You can buy some nice performance upgrades for that money. But if its what the OP wants then go for it. It looks awesome no doubt.
MavyMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
I agree, little to no power. I read an article way back about how fast you would have to go to achieve a ram air type of gain, somewhere in the realm of 150 plus. This is nothing more than a pretty looking cold air intake.
Caster Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caster Troy View Post
I agree, little to no power. I read an article way back about how fast you would have to go to achieve a ram air type of gain, somewhere in the realm of 150 plus. This is nothing more than a pretty looking cold air intake.

Well damn. Then that solves this mystery. Fork out 700 dollars and cut up my baby all for authentic looks.

thanks guys!!!!! You just saved me a world of pain in my arse.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT