Bama Tuner Fudging Up - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Bama Tuner Fudging Up

Well i went to update my tuner and of course 3 quaters of the way through it says update failed, i say well crap, ill try again. Click on update and it says my tuner is up to date. Wont allow me to press update again at all. I call Bama and they tell me its not their problem its SCTs problem and that i shouldnt put the tune on my car since they dont know if my tuner is ACTUALLY updated. So i say okay thats fine ill call them and of course they are closed. So therefore i have no car to get the work tomorrow! Oh yea!! Love it!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

This day just sucks!!
Old 08-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Bama Tuner Fudging Up

This has been an issue and has been posted on multiple boards. SCT will get you straightened out but it's gonna take a level head and some time on your part. Im dreading the day I have to load my new tune also.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
This has been an issue and has been posted on multiple boards. SCT will get you straightened out but it's gonna take a level head and some time on your part. Im dreading the day I have to load my new tune also.
Im calm, just sucks i gotta bum a ride to work lol. Its just my luck! Lol! But hopefully they get me fixed up tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Dyno tune is starting to sound really good right about now lol.... however you always run a risk of causing some sort of catastrophic disaster motor wise when going that route: -/
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
Dyno tune is starting to sound really good right about now lol.... however you always run a risk of causing some sort of catastrophic disaster motor wise when going that route: -/
I have thought about it. If problems like this creep happening i will.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545 View Post
Well, the problem is THE tuner, you can run into the same exact issue while dyno tuning.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

Well, the problem is THE tuner, you can run into the same exact issue while dyno tuning.
Its just my luck to get a crappy tuner!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #9
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Well i went to update my tuner and of course 3 quaters of the way through it says update failed, i say well crap, ill try again. Click on update and it says my tuner is up to date. Wont allow me to press update again at all. I call Bama and they tell me its not their problem its SCTs problem and that i shouldnt put the tune on my car since they dont know if my tuner is ACTUALLY updated. So i say okay thats fine ill call them and of course they are closed. So therefore i have no car to get the work tomorrow! Oh yea!! Love it!
Hey Jake, I hope all is well! (Besides this device issue)

I'm sorry about the problems that you're having with your SCT tuner. It sounds like a firmware issue that caused the glitch, and I'm sure that SCT will get you squared away!

The issues with SCT devices are pretty far and few. There's been a few more lately than normal, but we send out thousands of tunes each month and most of our customers load them up right away and are ready to go! I'm sorry that it happened to be you that fell in the small percentage of issues.

Occasionally there are errors, but SCT and the Bama team will work hard to get you back on the road and enjoying your custom tunes! We've been talking with SCT for the last few weeks to get this updated firmware out there. The problems that we were seeing with back-to-stock failures are still very far and few, but a few more than normal. We've been manually updating our tuners before they ship to the newest 1.2.142 firmware, so that customers don't have to worry. SCT is confident that it's solved, and we've been testing the new firmware on our own fleet of Mustangs just to make sure!

I wish I could be more help, however SCT is gonna have to fix this for us. They have a great customer service team and I'm confident that they'll get you squared away quickly! Hit me up if you have any issues with the actual tune or just need some further assistance.

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

Hey Jake, I hope all is well! (Besides this device issue)

I'm sorry about the problems that you're having with your SCT tuner. It sounds like a firmware issue that caused the glitch, and I'm sure that SCT will get you squared away!

The issues with SCT devices are pretty far and few. There's been a few more lately than normal, but we send out thousands of tunes each month and most of our customers load them up right away and are ready to go! I'm sorry that it happened to be you that fell in the small percentage of issues.

Occasionally there are errors, but SCT and the Bama team will work hard to get you back on the road and enjoying your custom tunes! We've been talking with SCT for the last few weeks to get this updated firmware out there. The problems that we were seeing with back-to-stock failures are still very far and few, but a few more than normal. We've been manually updating our tuners before they ship to the newest 1.2.142 firmware, so that customers don't have to worry. SCT is confident that it's solved, and we've been testing the new firmware on our own fleet of Mustangs just to make sure!

I wish I could be more help, however SCT is gonna have to fix this for us. They have a great customer service team and I'm confident that they'll get you squared away quickly! Hit me up if you have any issues with the actual tune or just need some further assistance.

- Dan
Thanks Dan, im at work right now but i brought my laptop and tuner so at lunch i will give SCT a call and hopefully get it fixed. Its weird though. On my Tuner itself and on my software on my computer both say that my tuner is up to date and i matched the vesion numbers and they were the same but im still afriad to try it since it it said it failed the first time i tried it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT