Prius VS Mustang GT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #36
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
If you all haven't seen this video you gotta see it. PG 13 mild language it is an older video but still funny.

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Lmao that's too funny, American muscle baby!
Topthug98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #38

Region: Illinois
Re: trucks. That was even evident at the Dragstrip. I had an 09 Challenger RT manual trans car for about a year. The one time I took it to the track, I had an 09 Dodge Ram that kept wanting to race me. I obliged two or three times, winning all three. I guess the Ram driver thought his 390Hp 5.7 L HEMI would be able to walk the only 375Hp 5.7 L HEMI in my Challenger. I think the dude forgot about the difference in weight, gearing, even poorer aero of the truck and the extra drive train loss for 4x4.

About my Challenger, I got rid of it after about a year because my wife and I had another kid and the I never drove the car except to work (when not driving my 06 Mustang GT to work). We did not need two "toy" cars and the Mustang was faster with only "300" HP and was more fun to drive so I kept the Mustang and traded the Challenger in on a Grand Cherokee.
mot250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by mot250
Re: trucks. That was even evident at the Dragstrip. I had an 09 Challenger RT manual trans car for about a year. The one time I took it to the track, I had an 09 Dodge Ram that kept wanting to race me. I obliged two or three times, winning all three. I guess the Ram driver thought his 390Hp 5.7 L HEMI would be able to walk the only 375Hp 5.7 L HEMI in my Challenger. I think the dude forgot about the difference in weight, gearing, even poorer aero of the truck and the extra drive train loss for 4x4.

About my Challenger, I got rid of it after about a year because my wife and I had another kid and the I never drove the car except to work (when not driving my 06 Mustang GT to work). We did not need two "toy" cars and the Mustang was faster with only "300" HP and was more fun to drive so I kept the Mustang and traded the Challenger in on a Grand Cherokee.
I seen a old 95 dodge deisel run a 10.3 1/4 at the track. From the looks of it you would have bet it couldn't do it under 30sec. Looked like ***** bed sides flapping an all from all the rust.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #40

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

I seen a old 95 dodge deisel run a 10.3 1/4 at the track. From the looks of it you would have bet it couldn't do it under 30sec. Looked like ***** bed sides flapping an all from all the rust.
Diesels are a different story... They can be scary fast with the right turbo and tuning. And damn funny to watch belching all that black smoke. As long as you are not following directly behind them, that is.
mot250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentonPhoenix

The original prius batteries would run you 8 grand and they were NOT part of the manufactures warranty. There considerably less now, and i dunno about toyota but GM's eAssist **** is warranted. Still, you guys were dead on about environmental damages just to PRODUCE those let alone dispose of them. I sold two prius's and one honda civic hybrid and a cr-z, id rather walk.

!
also another thing to think about is once those cars go to the junkyard how will we get rid of those huge batteries? and how safe is it to do so
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012

also another thing to think about is once those cars go to the junkyard how will we get rid of those huge batteries? and how safe is it to do so
They recycle the batteries, that's where the environmental impact is felt the most. It's so bad you can't go anywhere on the property without a full faced respirator, yet they bealch smoke into the atmosphere.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Top gear went over this... hybrids touch 12 countries or something like that just during build process... I make up for my carbon foot print by farting inside...
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mot250

That funny because my dad had a 2010 Challenger SRT8 and an 06 GT and he sold the Mustang because he much preferred the Challenger. They are great trip cars, but too expensive.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Yea overpriced. Too heavy. Need way more HP and traction to be as fast as a much cheaper mustang. They look totally bad ***. And all the torque is fun as hell to drive.

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992
Yea overpriced. Too heavy. Need way more HP and traction to be as fast as a much cheaper mustang. They look totally bad ***. And all the torque is fun as hell to drive.
But id still rater have an S192
TrentonPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992
I mostly agree. They CAN look bad ***. I've seen WAY too many of them with 22"s and crap I guess. Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrskoundrel
Makes me think of this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120726_174222.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	64219  
05MUSTANG4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Prius VS Mustang GT

Haha I love stories like this. Almost as good as when kids in their little riced out hondas want to race you, but get destroyed.
ghst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Not one's has a ricer ever wanted to race me but fools in camaro's do all the time, but have lost everytime
Old 08-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topthug98 View Post
Not one's has a ricer ever wanted to race me but fools in camaro's do all the time, but have lost everytime
The only car I've lost to was an Infiniti G35 with some work done to it.

Worst part of losing?

The driver was a teenage girl.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Aw man that sucks
Old 08-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghst

The only car I've lost to was an Infiniti G35 with some work done to it.

Worst part of losing?

The driver was a teenage girl.

I've lost to 2 cars. My buddies built and supercharged Foxbody, and some guy with a supercharged S197.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07 View Post
I've lost to 2 cars. My buddies built and supercharged Foxbody, and some guy with a supercharged S197.
I wish more people were willing to race where I live. There's a few 2007+ Saleens, some guy with a stage 2 roush, and a 2007 Widow mustang with some work done to it, and yet nobody ever wants to have fun.

Looks like I'm stuck racing ricers
Old 08-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghst

I wish more people were willing to race where I live. There's a few 2007+ Saleens, some guy with a stage 2 roush, and a 2007 Widow mustang with some work done to it, and yet nobody ever wants to have fun.

Looks like I'm stuck racing ricers
I don't think it counts as racing against ricers :p
And what track were you racing at? Hahahaha :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang

Yea and wait till has to replace them,,I heard they r very expensive

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Most people think its the little v8 from the old cars,,which is cool..But when you show them the motor they are like thats not a 4.6..Thats a big block..lol
When I got back from North Carolina when I picked up my mustang, I took it straight to the dealership to get an oil change and do a full inspection. The mechanic came in and said "are you sure that is a 4.6l you have in there and they didn't do a motor swap and drop a big block in it?"
I said "no, I'm not rocket scientist but you can clearly see by all this paperwork that that is the 4.6 in there"
Let me rephrase that, don't think he was a mechanic, I think he just changes oil lol
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #57
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350

When I got back from North Carolina when I picked up my mustang, I took it straight to the dealership to get an oil change and do a full inspection. The mechanic came in and said "are you sure that is a 4.6l you have in there and they didn't do a motor swap and drop a big block in it?"
I said "no, I'm not rocket scientist but you can clearly see by all this paperwork that that is the 4.6 in there"
Let me rephrase that, don't think he was a mechanic, I think he just changes oil lol
OHC motors can look deceptively large but the 4.6 should definitely be easily identifiable to someone that works at a ford dealership. That's pretty sad. I have a 502 (8.2L) Chevy block that I made in to a coffee table and there's no way in hell you could mistake the two side by side lol. Just the block is like 275lbs haha

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentonPhoenix
I pulled up to a two lane red light heading home today (hot *** balls put, windows down) side by side with a white prius, whos driver window was also down. After about 2 seconds of the usual forward looking, i peaked over and the early-mid 30's plane joe of a dude with scruffy hair was already looking dead at me, with what looked like disgust and distain. He genuinely looked appalled, once i figured it out, i smiled, put it in neutral and reved her twice, he then jerked his head forward and shook his head and i just chuckled and tool off at the green light.

I guess my gas guzzling roar upset his liberal hippie sensibilities. He probably thought i was the reason we are at war for oil.

MADE MY DAY!
I hate Priuses and anyone who would own or like them or any other hybrid. He was probably pissed that you have more hp at idle than he does at WOT lmao
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT