SCT iTSX Wireless Tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #1

Region: Georgia
SCT iTSX Wireless Tuner

I was on American Muscle's website and ran across this tuner that I really want. I've just removed my cats from my 2007 Mustang GT and the inevitable check engine light popped on the next day. I know that some tuners can clear this out and my original plan was to get MIL eliminators but I've heard that when you go to get emissions done you'll fail for "readiness." It's like the car will never get ready. What I'm wondering is if anyone knows if this programmer will allow me to pass emissions. As you can probably tell I've never had a tuner so I have no experience with them so I'm learning what I can before I get anything.
dPayne003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
The tuner no, you will fail because the rears are turn off, mil eliminators should work cause they send a false signal

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: SCT iTSX Wireless Tuner

A tuner will not help you pass emissions inspection by turning off the cel you will still fail for readiness. what you could try and I have done this in the past at it works is the spark plug anti fouler trick. Most auto parts stores carry whats called plug anti foulers they are used on old engines that tend to burn a lot of oil and foul plugs. they come 2 to a pack you will need both for one o2 sensor you take one of the foulers and drill out the small hole to like a 1/2" hole so you can screw your o2 sensor into it then screw the
un moddified fouler onto the modded fouler and screw the hole shooting match back into your exh. sys the small hole in the fouler limits the amount of exhaust gas's that get to the sensor so it tricks the sensor into thinking there is a cat in frount of it works good but not perfect will throw a cel from time to time for rear o2 but should take a few weeks depending on how much you drive. do a google search for more info. Plus at around $10 for a pack of 2 its cheep
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plug fouler 2.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	64596   Click image for larger version

Name:	spark plug anti fouler 1.jpg
Views:	1711
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	64597  

stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #4

Hmm, that sounds like a good option. I plan on buying the MIL eliminators anyway so if that doesn't work I'll definitely try that. I appreciate the info.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: SCT iTSX Wireless Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dPayne003 View Post
I was on American Muscle's website and ran across this tuner that I really want. I've just removed my cats from my 2007 Mustang GT and the inevitable check engine light popped on the next day. I know that some tuners can clear this out and my original plan was to get MIL eliminators but I've heard that when you go to get emissions done you'll fail for "readiness." It's like the car will never get ready. What I'm wondering is if anyone knows if this programmer will allow me to pass emissions. As you can probably tell I've never had a tuner so I have no experience with them so I'm learning what I can before I get anything.

dPayne003,

I highly recommend the iTSX, we've had great feedback on this device! Unfortunately when running no cats it becomes difficult to pass emissions. We can turn the sensors off so that the light doesn't bother you, however like you said the sensors will show up "Not Ready". Your best bet may be to try a o2 deflower like listed above, that will send a false signal while keeping the sensors on (Very similar to the MIL eliminator, unfortunately the MILs can only be used on 99-04).

I hope this helps, Let me know if you have any questions!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Find someone with a $4000 tuner thing that mechanics have... it allows you to swap vin numbers... a scion passed me; -)
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

dPayne003,

I highly recommend the iTSX, we've had great feedback on this device! Unfortunately when running no cats it becomes difficult to pass emissions. We can turn the sensors off so that the light doesn't bother you, however like you said the sensors will show up "Not Ready". Your best bet may be to try a o2 deflower like listed above, that will send a false signal while keeping the sensors on (Very similar to the MIL eliminator, unfortunately the MILs can only be used on 99-04).

- Dan
Thanks Dan, I've decided to get high flow cats to avoid this whole problem but I'm still gonna get the iTSX in the near future. I'm pretty excited about it.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

dPayne003,

- Dan
I ordered the high flow cats from American muscle today. Can you tell me if it's gonna be anywhere close to the sound? I love the throaty sound it has now with no cats.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT