Supercharger for sale?? Good deal?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Supercharger for sale?? Good deal??

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/pts/3181882066.html

Guy has this for sale. Told me it would fit on my 07 gt i just needed to buy the main mount bracket? Is this true and is it a good deal? Thanks guys
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
There is a lot more to it than that... I think it's too much... and if that thing is not made for our year a custom mount will b way more than $400
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
There is a lot more to it than that... I think it's too much... and if that thing is not made for our year a custom mount will b way more than $400
Thanks, thats what i figured. What if i told him its gonna cost more for custom mount, and get him to go down on it? What would be a good price?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Give me a part number I'll research it... I come across stuff like this all the time... let me know how much your looking to spend... BTW never post a add of something for sale if you are interested in that item... some people are "d##K's" and buy em from underneath u lol

Old 08-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Well if they wamma drive to tulsa oklahoma they can go right ahead! Lol!! Im not dead set on it! I just came across it! And okay ill get the number for you!
Old 08-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Shipping fixes the distance problem...

I know of a low mile (5k) procharger w intercooler and all other bells an whistles for 3k

If I can find his number lol...
Old 08-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Shipping fixes the distance problem...

I know of a low mile (5k) procharger w intercooler and all other bells an whistles for 3k

If I can find his number lol...
Idk if i wanna go supercharger or turbo yet tho. I dont really want the wear and tear of a supercharger.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yea Turbo from what I here is the best route for street cars... if you have a proven tuner in your area otherwise tuning a turboed Stang can b a nightmare
Old 08-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Yea Turbo from what I here is the best route for street cars... if you have a proven tuner in your area otherwise tuning a turboed Stang can b a nightmare
Why is tuning a turboed mustang more difficult than a supercharged mustang?
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:00 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

A lot more involved w timing and what not
Old 08-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
What's the typical cost of a turbo for a 4.6L? What is a normal install and how many hp are you expected to see from this?
NAVYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Supercharger for sale?? Good deal??

Personally and I haven't read the other posts here, but if you are going to supercharge your car do it right go new, to shortcut it, or at least make sure you are getting the entire kit from someone and they know what the miles are on it exactly. Too much risk...and I don't think all the parts and / or pieces are there from the pics shown.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVYGUY
What's the typical cost of a turbo for a 4.6L? What is a normal install and how many hp are you expected to see from this?
Again w a weird questions...
Old 08-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd
Personally and I haven't read the other posts here, but if you are going to supercharge your car do it right go new, to shortcut it, or at least make sure you are getting the entire kit from someone and they know what the miles are on it exactly. Too much risk...and I don't think all the parts and / or pieces are there from the pics shown.
Im not buying it. I probably will just bite the bullet and go new. So i know what its been through. And hopefully get a warranty?? Idk if turbos and sc's have warrantys lol
Old 08-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

Im not buying it. I probably will just bite the bullet and go new. So i know what its been through. And hopefully get a warranty?? Idk if turbos and sc's have warrantys lol
I know mine does through Ford. I'm not sure about others. I've heard Roush does.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

I know mine does through Ford. I'm not sure about others. I've heard Roush does.
I was looking at Roush m90, but idk if i want a sc. I dont like the thought of wear and tear when i dont always want that kind of power. I think i would rather have a turbo, or something thats the best of both worlds
Old 08-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545 View Post
Give me a part number I'll research it... I come across stuff like this all the time... let me know how much your looking to spend... BTW never post a add of something for sale if you are interested in that item... some people are "d##K's" and buy em from underneath u lol

I almost bought one that come off a 5.4,,he said it would bolt right on,,the intake and supercharger..I researched it and the width of the 5.4 and the 4.6 is different

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
I was looking at Roush m90, but idk if i want a sc. I dont like the thought of wear and tear when i dont always want that kind of power. I think i would rather have a turbo, or something thats the best of both worlds
I like the ford supercharger,,i think its the whipple..I rode in one..cant even tell it has one until he stepped on it..Not much gas mileage change either,,He drives it everyday,,you never would have known it until you hear the whine,,best of both worlds i think,,maybe not the fastest..Turbos are cool,,but personally i hate dealing with exhaust work..The supercharger doesnt cause any wear,,unless you kick it all the time,,i read

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
I agree,,thats why im saving for the ford supercharger kit,,comes with evrything you need,,something that spins that fast,,i wouldnt trust a used one
Old 08-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang

I almost bought one that come off a 5.4,,he said it would bolt right on,,the intake and supercharger..I researched it and the width of the 5.4 and the 4.6 is different

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

I like the ford supercharger,,i think its the whipple..I rode in one..cant even tell it has one until he stepped on it..Not much gas mileage change either,,He drives it everyday,,you never would have known it until you hear the whine,,best of both worlds i think,,maybe not the fastest..Turbos are cool,,but personally i hate dealing with exhaust work..The supercharger doesnt cause any wear,,unless you kick it all the time,,i read
Is the whipple a centri??
Old 08-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Is the whipple a centri??
no..I dont know a whole bunch on them,,but i think you get more power out of a centri,,but not quite as instant as a whipple,,thats what i hear,,im sure someone that knows will reply..Also the KB has the more whine sounds,,then the whipple,,which sounds cool,,but i want more of a sleeper/daily driver
Old 08-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang

no..I dont know a whole bunch on them,,but i think you get more power out of a centri,,but not quite as instant as a whipple,,thats what i hear,,im sure someone that knows will reply..Also the KB has the more whine sounds,,then the whipple,,which sounds cool,,but i want more of a sleeper/daily driver
Okay thanks, im sure someone whos good with sc's will help me. I think a centri is what i want. Because it doesnt kick in till certain rpms is what ive heard.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

Okay thanks, im sure someone whos good with sc's will help me. I think a centri is what i want. Because it doesnt kick in till certain rpms is what ive heard.
I believe your correct.roots style blowers are pretty much instant
wyostang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

I have the V3 Vortech/ intercooled and its nice becasuse you can drive with out any boost and you dont hear it. At 6500 its pushing 527 to the wheels.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45ANNGT
I have the V3 Vortech/ intercooled and its nice becasuse you can drive with out any boost and you dont hear it. At 6500 its pushing 527 to the wheels.
You have forged internals?
wyostang08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT