Looking at finishing/restarting my exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Looking at finishing/restarting my exhaust

All I have at the moment is pypes violators ... I want to either restart or finish my exhaust in the next several weeks... My main goal is power and sound let me know what y'all think the best setup is ??? Price don't matter too much just let me know what way to go for loudness and power would be thanks guys!!!
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I money doesn't matter, why are you even asking? KOOKS lt headers
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

???? Hmm because I want something that sounds good and since I don't or haven't had a full exhaust I wouldn't know ?.... So that's why I was asking what's everyone running or what's a good setup?...
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4m0usfr34k
???? Hmm because I want something that sounds good and since I don't or haven't had a full exhaust I wouldn't know ?.... So that's why I was asking what's everyone running or what's a good setup?...
I'm running pypes lt, o/rx and violator mufflers. I like the sound but I wish I woulda went with o/rh. A KOOKS set up is the best out there imo if moneys not an issue.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I like the sound of bassani axle backs and h or x pipe and long tube headers.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I have violators on my car ATM but are KOOKS a brand ?? Yea and then headers... Should I consider shorties or just reg headers ? And then which is better h or x pipes ???
Old 09-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: Looking at finishing/restarting my exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4m0usfr34k View Post
I have violators on my car ATM but are KOOKS a brand ?? Yea and then headers... Should I consider shorties or just reg headers ? And then which is better h or x pipes ???
Yes, Kooks are a brand. A little more expensive, but the best quality on the market according to most people. I do NOT think you should consider shorties. You aren't going to get the same gains out of shorties that you get out of LT's. Just pay the extra for the LT's.

As far as the mid pipe. you are going to get a deeper growl out of an O/R H. O/R X is higher pitched and a little raspier. Allegedly and O/R H will give you more low end torque and a the X will give you more top end HP. I have not seen dyno sheets that prove that though.

I'm running Pypes LT's with O/R H and Violators. I love it. If anything it's a little too loud sometimes.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07

Yes, Kooks are a brand. A little more expensive, but the best quality on the market according to most people. I do NOT think you should consider shorties. You aren't going to get the same gains out of shorties that you get out of LT's. Just pay the extra for the LT's.

As far as the mid pipe. you are going to get a deeper growl out of an O/R H. O/R X is higher pitched and a little raspier. Allegedly and O/R H will give you more low end torque and a the X will give you more top end HP. I have not seen dyno sheets that prove that though.

I'm running Pypes LT's with O/R H and Violators. I love it. If anything it's a little too loud sometimes.
Okay thanks for the info bro that helps a lot! And yea I have violators already... So all I need to complete my exhaust would be the long tubes and the H pipe? I'll news high flow cats right ?
Old 09-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Kooks LT O/R X pipe and Corsa axle back is the best sound and performance in my opinion
Zaks06GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust