Tune question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Tune question

ok so i bought my 05 gt recently from my job and when i traded my 96 gt i kept my sct tuner set the car back to stock so i could use it on my new car....long story very short sent it to sct it was not working got it back car still wouldn't read the tuner..i took it to a local shop tuners inc in jacksonville florida and spoke with tony gonyon and he helped me perfectly. turns out my plug on my tuner was messed up and he felt bad for my inconvienence and tuned my car for free with one of his set tunes. since he did it for free for me i gave him my broken tuner for the favor and if he can get it fixed cool. im not worried about that but i am worried because when i need the car tuned i dont want to have to keep going back to him every time. now finally getting back to the question.....if i do a catless x pipe and cat back aside from the CEL ill get from the rear o2s does the car require a tune? i know a cold air intake requires one but i would like to avoid going back to him to have the car tuned every mod considering he did it for free and i wouldn't expect him to keep doing it for free even though i gave him my tuner that he can probably fix. I just need to know what i can get away with before it needs a tune.
BlacknRed05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: Tune question

I might be wrong,,but now if you want to change to another tune,,say something big,,like a supercharger,,normally you install your factory tune and down load a new one,,but now any changes youll have to have someone tune it for you..I loaded the sct,,on mine,,but the supercharger kit im getting in a long while,,i have to remove my tune to factory,,then i use a whole different tuner and tune to load back in,,there maybe some way of getting around that but im not sure,,they say a dyno is better then a preloaded program anyways..
Old 09-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: Tune question

im not gonna have to worry about a supercharger or anything huge for now but what i am worried about is if i have to worry about getting it tuned after every small mod i dont want to annoy the tuner since he did it for free and i believe if its just a pre programmed tune i can go over it but i just want to know what my limits are till i definately need a tune
BlacknRed05gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT