Ok im keeping my GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Talking Ok im keeping my GT

decided not to sell. i convinced myself i don't NEED a new 5.0, i don't want the extra debt im not satisfied with my current 05 GT but instead of getting a new car ive decided to start doing some work on my GT.

the hood and stripes and wheels were done by the previous owner and im really just wanting to add my own touch to this car and make it my own. I'ts my first mustang and im just going to double up on the payments and pay it off before next summer and just keep it in the family. I really dont need a new car payment and with my family growing i think ill play it safe. I can Easily afford to keep this car and do quite a bit of mods and really make it my own.

with it already being modded before i got it i almost feel like im driving someone elses mustang. i love it but its not MINE. im sure that makes sense to some of you guys on here.

Im going to drop it LOW. put some new wheels on it. tint the windows. and probably remove the stripes.

ive pretty much got this image in my head of what i want. i really think once i drop it and tint the windows itll really bring the car to life for me.

This is my current build list for cosmetic / suspension. ANY input or advice or opinions are appreciated.

My Account at American Muscle - Free Shipping!

i think that link is working. thanks guys!!

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: Ok im keeping my GT

Cosmetic list looks awesome. The suspension is a good kit, I have the same kit on my car... but if I was to go back and do it over, I'd spend the extra money on a coilover setup.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992
decided not to sell. i convinced myself i don't NEED a new 5.0, i don't want the extra debt im not satisfied with my current 05 GT but instead of getting a new car ive decided to start doing some work on my GT.

the hood and stripes and wheels were done by the previous owner and im really just wanting to add my own touch to this car and make it my own. I'ts my first mustang and im just going to double up on the payments and pay it off before next summer and just keep it in the family. I really dont need a new car payment and with my family growing i think ill play it safe. I can Easily afford to keep this car and do quite a bit of mods and really make it my own.

with it already being modded before i got it i almost feel like im driving someone elses mustang. i love it but its not MINE. im sure that makes sense to some of you guys on here.

Im going to drop it LOW. put some new wheels on it. tint the windows. and probably remove the stripes.

ive pretty much got this image in my head of what i want. i really think once i drop it and tint the windows itll really bring the car to life for me.

This is my current build list for cosmetic / suspension. ANY input or advice or opinions are appreciated.

Glad you sticking with the 4.6...I finally got my wish to run against a 5.0 to see where I stand. Got a full car length on it.
Alonzo.dargan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

Good choice and your up coming mods look good.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California

Looks like a good list... but i personally don't think that the polished valence cut out trims are going to fit in with your theme.

Completely your call though.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Looks like a good list... but i personally don't think that the polished valence cut out trims are going to fit in with your theme.

Completely your call though.
I was going to remove those from the list I don't think they would fit with my larger exhaust pips very well anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1513426612.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	445.6 KB
ID:	68088  

Old 09-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Now your using your head, take care of the family and the rest will take care of It's self. I'd start with the wheels first.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

And really what am I going to do with a supercharged 5.0 anyway lol. I can make this 4.6 pretty dam fast anyway.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4
Now your using your head, take care of the family and the rest will take care of It's self. I'd start with the wheels first.
Agreed!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post

Jgill1992,

Awesome man! I'm glad to hear your sticking with the 3V, the new 5.0 is cool but I love the S197s. Your build list looks awesome, with that set up the exterior of your Stang is going to be insane!

What's next in the power department? Let me know if you ever have any questions.

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #11
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
Quote:

The only thing I'd 2nd guess is the smoked headlight covers. Ive heard they don't fit well. No offense to AM. It's not just that but unless you have or are going to get HID headlights I wouldn't get them either. They dim light output quite a bit.
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #12

Region: New Jersey
I would ditch all of the "light covers" and go with a true tint that you can control.

I would also replace the ford Cai with a steeda or jlt series 3. Other then that it's your car and I think it will look good
SWAT 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #13
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
I just bought the smoked headlights themselves but I have HIDs so it's not to bad on the light
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT 79 View Post
I would ditch all of the "light covers" and go with a true tint that you can control.

I would also replace the ford Cai with a steeda or jlt series 3. Other then that it's your car and I think it will look good
the reason i was going with the covers is because i can just pop them off anytime i have to drive at night. i have the AM fog light black out covers and ive taken them on and off probably 50 times without any issues. i just like the fact that if i do have to take a long road trip at night i can just remove them and be back to stock.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Jgill1992,

Awesome man! I'm glad to hear your sticking with the 3V, the new 5.0 is cool but I love the S197s. Your build list looks awesome, with that set up the exterior of your Stang is going to be insane!

What's next in the power department? Let me know if you ever have any questions.

- Dan
i updated my build list to include power mods. they probably wont happen untill im totally done with the apearence mods. (we get a lot of snow around here at winter and it will probably be parked i wont be doing much fast driving untill next summer anyway)

i was thinking Kooks Longtube headers / Kooks shortty x pipe. Ford Racing CAI. Gt500 Throttlebody. Ford Racing Hot Rod Cams. Ford Racing Intake Manifold. Steeda Underdrive pullies. 3,000RPM Stall Torque Converter.

Ive already got the Bama tuner so i think that would really give me a huge increase over stock for sure. I dont think i really want to supercharge it, id rather keep it as much all engine as i can and i think if i got everything on that list it would feel like a diffrent car.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico

i think that link is working. thanks guys!![/QUOTE]

I totally get you man, mine was modded to the gills when I got her.
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

PS! also looking at that list its only a little over $7,000 and thats less than a supercharger kit and about $30,000 less than getting a new 2013 5.0. lol

Old 09-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

When you have a chance just build the engine stroke it to 5.0 do some major head work porting polishing and all your add ons that would be a beast that what iam doing to mine after awhile. Iam good with 450 at the rear that my stopping point. But great list of mods
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I think I can get 350-370 on just engine right? A friend of mine in another fourm had FRPP hot rod cams. FRPP intake manifold. GT500 TB. FRPP CAI and full ford racing longtubes with offroad X and roush axle backs with a bamma 93race tune and he swore he was 370 at the wheels.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #19
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Yea 370 is absolutely tapped out with out FI or extensive motor work

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I'd be happy with 350 and looking and sounding bad ***.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #21
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
i updated my build list to include power mods. they probably wont happen untill im totally done with the apearence mods. (we get a lot of snow around here at winter and it will probably be parked i wont be doing much fast driving untill next summer anyway)

i was thinking Kooks Longtube headers / Kooks shortty x pipe. Ford Racing CAI. Gt500 Throttlebody. Ford Racing Hot Rod Cams. Ford Racing Intake Manifold. Steeda Underdrive pullies. 3,000RPM Stall Torque Converter.

Ive already got the Bama tuner so i think that would really give me a huge increase over stock for sure. I dont think i really want to supercharge it, id rather keep it as much all engine as i can and i think if i got everything on that list it would feel like a diffrent car.
Jgill1992,

Yeah, winter stinks for us Mustang owners haha! You definitely have the right idea, with that set up your car will sound/look sick and definitely rip! I would expect you to be in the 340-350 RWHP area with that setup which will be a pretty nasty 3V for sure!

Thanks for being a great and loyal customer, let me know if I can ever be of any assistance!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Just gotta get an ok from the wife and I'll probably order all the appearance mods together. (wheels and handling kit too) I'm excited to see how it's going to look

Old 09-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I just heard today I'm getting the new job I wanted at work so I'll be ordering this stuff sooner than I expected. I'm starting to get excited here.. Lol

Old 09-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
I just heard today I'm getting the new job I wanted at work so I'll be ordering this stuff sooner than I expected. I'm starting to get excited here.. Lol
That's awesome man! So you are doing the coil over setup right?
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Congratz
Alonzo.dargan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT