Swapping Headlight Housings - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Swapping Headlight Housings

how difficult is this to do? i got the OEM style smoked headlights from AM, my dad told me i could install them myself until i told him that i'd have to take the front bumper off to do so, when i told him that he immediately changed his mind and told me that i'd have to wait for him to help me, i did the tail lights today and that wasnt difficult. i couldnt find any instructions on how to do the headlights. any ideas?
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: Swapping Headlight Housings

granted this vid is for those bleh looking halos...but it's a good step by step



---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

looks easy enough
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
granted this vid is for those bleh looking halos...but it's a good step by step



---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

looks easy enough
Cool, this will really help. Thank you!
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: Swapping Headlight Housings

np man just here to help
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:22 AM   #5
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
Do you have stock lighting on your headlights?
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: Swapping Headlight Housings

nope i run HIDs
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
nope i run HIDs
My stock bulbs will work for now right? I ordered the h13 with the lights but they're on back order.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: Swapping Headlight Housings

since they're oem housings your stock bulbs should be fine. if you can cancel the HID order though i would...and reorder here and save you some cash

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
since they're oem housings your stock bulbs should be fine. if you can cancel the HID order though i would...and reorder here and save you some cash

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit
Are those better?
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: Swapping Headlight Housings

same thing...just a lot cheaper and they still carry a lifetime warranty
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
same thing...just a lot cheaper and they still carry a lifetime warranty
Oh, i just checked the ones i ordered from AM. They're the same price so i think ill just stick with the ones that are already ordered haha.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: Swapping Headlight Housings

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post
Oh, i just checked the ones i ordered from AM. They're the same price so i think ill just stick with the ones that are already ordered haha.
the HID kit you ordered from AM is $30? when did AM drop their HID prices?

ah i see what you're looking at...are you looking at bulbs on this page?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/0509-m...eadlights.html
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:02 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix

the HID kit you ordered from AM is $30? when did AM drop their HID prices?

ah i see what you're looking at...are you looking at bulbs on this page?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/0509-m...eadlights.html
Yeah, i believe its the Raxiom H13 ones.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: Swapping Headlight Housings

ok what you're buying are standard halogen bulbs that are a little brighter then stock...what i was linking was an HID kit which are much much brighter

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

here's a good difference in brightness...the fogs being halogen and the headlights are HIDs

__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:08 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
ok what you're buying are standard halogen bulbs that are a little brighter then stock...what i was linking was an HID kit which are much much brighter

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

here's a good difference in brightness...the fogs being halogen and the headlights are HIDs
Ohh i see, i just ordered the raxiom bulbs because everyone said its suggested to do so when installing the smoked headlights since the stock bulbs will be a bit dim at night.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: Swapping Headlight Housings

those raxioms aren't much brighter which is why i suggested an HID kit. for $30 you can get a single beam or for $50 you can get a hi and low beam (which honestly i've never needed a high beam after any HID install)

just something to think about man. i haven't run halogens on my last three stangs because i don't like driving at night with them after running HIDs.

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

here's a vid with a GT running HIDs...

__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:16 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
those raxioms aren't much brighter which is why i suggested an HID kit. for $30 you can get a single beam or for $50 you can get a hi and low beam (which honestly i've never needed a high beam after any HID install)

just something to think about man. i haven't run halogens on my last three stangs because i don't like driving at night with them after running HIDs.

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

here's a vid with a GT running HIDs...

Maybe in the future, i like the look but right now im working on saving up for an ipod adapter since the shaker1000 doesnt come with one, im more concerned about that at the moment. I will save that link though.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: Swapping Headlight Housings

No prob man...always trying to help especially since its the same price either way
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:48 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
No prob man...always trying to help especially since its the same price either way
Yeah man i appreciate it, im somewhat new to this Stuff so i need all the help i can get.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #20
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
Slosix beat me lol I was gonna recommend HIDs too
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
WillysYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 269
Re: Swapping Headlight Housings

C-Dailey- Just take your time. Swapping out the headlights is very easy, just take your time, watch the vids and make sure you have a towel or blanket handy to put the bumper on when you pull it off. Other than that, pretty straight forward.
WillysYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysYJ
C-Dailey- Just take your time. Swapping out the headlights is very easy, just take your time, watch the vids and make sure you have a towel or blanket handy to put the bumper on when you pull it off. Other than that, pretty straight forward.
Yeah, i didnt think it would be to hard. Now i just need to convince my dad to let me do it on my own haha.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
WillysYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95

Yeah, i didnt think it would be to hard. Now i just need to convince my dad to let me do it on my own haha.
One of the best quotes I've ever heard, "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission."
WillysYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysYJ

One of the best quotes I've ever heard, "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission."
Hahaha i love it! Im going to use this whenever i get in trouble for not asking if i can do something
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
WillysYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95

Hahaha i love it! Im going to use this whenever i get in trouble for not asking if i can do something
I can't remember who said it, but I'm sure it was someone famous. Maybe it was just my dad talking in regards to my mom. Hahaha
WillysYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysYJ

I can't remember who said it, but I'm sure it was someone famous. Maybe it was just my dad talking in regards to my mom. Hahaha
Haha either way it seems pretty useful!
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Members Mustangs

Jackie

SixBanger

GT/CS

Riko
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



05:44 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.