nos or supercharger? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-23-2012, 02:38 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by galindojr24
Why didnt you like the vortech? I was thinking about getting one?
it's not that I didn't like the vortech, however these are the reasons I went with a kenne bell;

-I made over 250 more ft/lbs of torque in some places on the dyno

- the engine bay looks so much less cluttered

- the screaming noise that the kenne bell makes !

- I will post the two different pics of the engine bay

again there is nothing wrong with the vortech just thought I would try the kenne bell lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-478751038.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	573.4 KB
ID:	73268   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2421728906.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	551.9 KB
ID:	73269  

and and and I DRIVE IT LIKE I STOLE IT !!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K_QJ...ure=plcp<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWfvYVYlfio&feature=plcp
Sirtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtat

it's not that I didn't like the vortech, however these are the reasons I went with a kenne bell;

-I made over 250 more ft/lbs of torque in some places on the dyno

- the engine bay looks so much less cluttered

- the screaming noise that the kenne bell makes !

- I will post the two different pics of the engine bay

again there is nothing wrong with the vortech just thought I would try the kenne bell lol
That looks bad ***! Love the kenne bell. I'm debating on whether to go with a Paxton 2200 of Kenne Bell right now. But the engine bay def does look cleaner

Custom Dyno Tune By B&D Racing
340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Stang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

thanks !! without knowing exactly what your trying to achieve I would suggest a kenne bell 2.1L as it will reach Max boost at a lower rpm and would make for a fun street car and comes with everything you need including a tune. the kenne bell can be a big PITA for tuners as they use very different and specific throttle tables for the fly by wire throttle set-up our cars have, kenne bell was absolutely NO help when it comes to the tuning aspect of their kits and will tell you that, the kit I bought was the 2.8L tuner kit with no tune. please save yourself the bull and get a kit with a tune
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K_QJ...ure=plcp<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWfvYVYlfio&feature=plcp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Whats the real difference between a turbo and a supercharger?
galindojr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by galindojr24
Whats the real difference between a turbo and a supercharger?
Turbo is powered by exhaust. Supercharger is powered by a belt. The list goes on and on
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thanks !! without knowing exactly what your trying to achieve I would suggest a kenne bell 2.1L as it will reach Max boost at a lower rpm and would make for a fun street car and comes with everything you need including a tune. the kenne bell can be a big PITA for tuners as they use very different and specific throttle tables for the fly by wire throttle set-up our cars have, kenne bell was absolutely NO help when it comes to the tuning aspect of their kits and will tell you that, the kit I bought was the 2.8L tuner kit with no tune. please save yourself the bull and get a kit with a tune
I'm planning for a forged shortblock, tr6060 package, and either a kenne bell or Paxton. I like with the Paxton's how your out of boost under 3 thousand rpms when crusing around town and how it's a little bit easier on the motor and drivetrain. I also like how they can support a **** load of power without having to upgrade. Kenne bell obviously is instant boost and would probably be more fun on the street. I just have to decide what would be better for me and more fun. I'm planning for about 700 to the wheel.

340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Old 10-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang23

I'm planning for a forged shortblock, tr6060 package, and either a kenne bell or Paxton. I like with the Paxton's how your out of boost under 3 thousand rpms when crusing around town and how it's a little bit easier on the motor and drivetrain. I also like how they can support a **** load of power without having to upgrade. Kenne bell obviously is instant boost and would probably be more fun on the street. I just have to decide what would be better for me and more fun. I'm planning for about 700 to the wheel.
unless your going to buy the vortech V-7 ysi you WONT get anywhere near 700 rwhp.

I don't know what you think you won't have to upgrade with the vortech that you will have to do with the kenne bell :-/

with the vortech you will HAVE to buy motion delete plates or you will have a bog at 3000 rpm when they open and your still left with your plastic intake, with a vortech all your boost is going through piping that is hose clamped together and there is always a possibility of a tube popping off where as that can not happen with a kenne bell. try and change a belt with a vortech lmao with a vortech you will probably want a new throttle body where as the kenne bell comes with one depending on what kit you want.. anyways just my .02 from someone who has owned, installed an driven Dailey both set-ups
Old 10-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Quote:

unless your going to buy the vortech V-7 ysi you WONT get anywhere near 700 rwhp.

I don't know what you think you won't have to upgrade with the vortech that you will have to do with the kenne bell :-/

with the vortech you will HAVE to buy motion delete plates or you will have a bog at 3000 rpm when they open and your still left with your plastic intake, with a vortech all your boost is going through piping that is hose clamped together and there is always a possibility of a tube popping off where as that can not happen with a kenne bell. try and change a belt with a vortech lmao with a vortech you will probably want a new throttle body where as the kenne bell comes with one depending on what kit you want.. anyways just my .02 from someone who has owned, installed an driven Dailey both set-ups
Dude I want your drivetrain. It makes me hard.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm not looking at going vortech. Either Paxton 2200 or kenne bell. With the Paxton I can make 700 with a good amount of boost on pump gas. i dont believe i would have to get into methanol to achieve that. My car is fully bolted right now with the ford racing intake manifold so I wouldn't have to worry about the bogging. And because I already have the manifold I'm leaning more towards the Paxton because the manifold works well with FI. But at the same time I know this manifold is only good up until a certain amount of boost before you need to start looking into the JPC manifold and ones that can handle a lot of boost. Honestly, 600-700 HP and i would be fine with that. And I don't think I would need to run a huge amount of boost with the manifold I have now to achieve those numbers. But I still have time to think about what would be best for my setup

340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Old 10-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

I'm not looking at going vortech. Either Paxton 2200 or kenne bell. With the Paxton I can make 700 with a good amount of boost on pump gas. i dont believe i would have to get into methanol to achieve that. My car is fully bolted right now with the ford racing intake manifold so I wouldn't have to worry about the bogging. And because I already have the manifold I'm leaning more towards the Paxton because the manifold works well with FI. But at the same time I know this manifold is only good up until a certain amount of boost before you need to start looking into the JPC manifold and ones that can handle a lot of boost. Honestly, 600-700 HP and i would be fine with that. And I don't think I would need to run a huge amount of boost with the manifold I have now to achieve those numbers. But I still have time to think about what would be best for my setup
I'm not tryin to be an a$$hole here buddy but you WILL NOT reach 700 HP anytime soon, transmission gives at 650 torque, double disk clutches are not cheap and are sketchy, even some forged bottom end components will not hold that for long at that HP. Your best bet is to look into the 480-500 HP and that's pushing it on stock motor. With forged internals and a lot of money which I'm positive doesn't grow on trees for you, and a lot of time and thought just to get MAYBE 640-660 HP range. Good luck, but dream about better things.
Graham1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going with nos on my 02 gt, for me it's cheaper and what I can afford and I will not use it everyday only at the track. Plan in hitting low 11's with it
Old 10-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #47
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham1992

I'm not tryin to be an a$$hole here buddy but you WILL NOT reach 700 HP anytime soon, transmission gives at 650 torque, double disk clutches are not cheap and are sketchy, even some forged bottom end components will not hold that for long at that HP. Your best bet is to look into the 480-500 HP and that's pushing it on stock motor. With forged internals and a lot of money which I'm positive doesn't grow on trees for you, and a lot of time and thought just to get MAYBE 640-660 HP range. Good luck, but dream about better things.
I'm pretty sure sirtat said he's got 700 at the crank.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom

I'm pretty sure sirtat said he's got 700 at the crank.
Thanks for bringing that up. That's roughly 600rwhp. Period.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham1992 View Post
I actually dont need to dream buddy. If you read my other posts i plan to go with a forged shortblock, t-56 magnum or tr-6060 trans, and either paxton 2200 or kenne bell when i make this kind of power. This combination can support 600-700 rwhp. The forged block that im going to go with is good for up to 900 hp, the t-56 or tr-6060 with one piece driveshaft can support 600-700 hp, and at this power level i know ill probably need to upgrade my axles as well. Ive talked to plenty of people with this setup in this hp range and my tuner who does this professionally and he said i would be fine with this setup so idk what your talking about.

340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Old 10-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I actually dont need to dream buddy. If you read my other posts i plan to go with a forged shortblock, t-56 magnum or tr-6060 trans, and either paxton 2200 or kenne bell when i make this kind of power. This combination can support 600-700 rwhp. The forged block that im going to go with is good for up to 900 hp, the t-56 or tr-6060 with one piece driveshaft can support 600-700 hp, and at this power level i know ill probably need to upgrade my axles as well. Ive talked to plenty of people with this setup in this hp range and my tuner who does this professionally and he said i would be fine with this setup so idk what your talking about.
Well apparently money grows on trees. All that plus supporting mods, control arms, exhaust, suspension is good for almost $40,000 in cold hard cash. Didn't know you knew about that kinda money. That's why I said WILL NEVER. I didn't know your last name was SON and first name was BILL GATES' (lmao)
Old 10-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #51
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham1992

Well apparently money grows on trees. All that plus supporting mods, control arms, exhaust, suspension is good for almost $40,000 in cold hard cash. Didn't know you knew about that kinda money. That's why I said WILL NEVER. I didn't know your last name was SON and first name was BILL GATES' (lmao)
Not everyone works at the Walmart jiffy lube homie. Some of us make good money. Saving 30-40 grand in a year isn't that big of a deal. Unless you're a McDonald's shift manager. It's not like the guy has to hit the ****in lottery to build a car.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
With an extra 40000 to are putting into the motor why not just get a 2013cobra super snake that has the hp your looking for . And the car will hold its value big time people pay big money for a car like that to me it's a no brainer just my op
Pattyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #53
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyboy
With an extra 40000 to are putting into the motor why not just get a 2013cobra super snake that has the hp your looking for . And the car will hold its value big time people pay big money for a car like that to me it's a no brainer just my op
I'm pretty sure it's not possible to buy a mustang and not continue to spend money on it lol
Old 10-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

True BUT!!!! At least you have 1 bad *** ride all the hp you could ever want PLUS no head akes on what should go with what sit all done ! So you can have more time enjoying it . Driving is always more fun than building it
Old 10-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #55
Road Trip!

Quote:
True BUT!!!! At least you have 1 bad *** ride all the hp you could ever want PLUS no head akes on what should go with what sit all done ! So you can have more time enjoying it . Driving is always more fun than building it
Haha that's certainly a good perspective! Personally I have as much fun planning, visualizing, and day dreaming about my car as I do driving it lol. When I was in high school I'd spend HOURS (mostly during class lol) planning my fantasy franchise players in madden. Only to draft the team, play a couple games, delete it and start a new one lol
Old 10-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Because I already have over 20k in it which ill never be able to get back out of it if I ever decided to sell it. And i love my car dont really want to sell it. lol. so I'm too deep into the car now to not complete it.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote:

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to buy a mustang and not continue to spend money on it lol
+1

340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #57
Road Trip!

Quote:

Because I already have over 20k in it which ill never be able to get back out of it if I ever decided to sell it. And i love my car dont really want to sell it. lol. so I'm too deep into the car now to not complete it.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

+1
Cars are an endless abyss in which you dump a large percentage of your hard earned money. Most people can't understand why we do it lol
Old 10-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Cars are an endless abyss in which you dump a large percentage of your hard earned money. Most people can't understand why we do it lol
Ya it's an addiction haha

340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

My excuse to my wife is .i want to give my 7 month old son something to love and remember me every time he drives it . So he can say to everyone this was my dads he built it for me ...... works like a charm . But it is the truth .
Old 10-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My excuse to my wife is .i want to give my 7 month old son something to love and remember me every time he drives it . So he can say to everyone this was my dads he built it for me ...... works like a charm . But it is the truth .
Yeah.... If my first car had been a Mustang, I probably would have killed myself.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #61
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07

Yeah.... If my first car had been a Mustang, I probably would have killed myself.
Yea I think everyone should start off in like a Kia or some **** and work their way up lol. Low respect and high power make for big problems haha
Old 10-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Hell I started out with a v6 then moved my way up to where I am now
Old 10-30-2012, 03:23 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

Yea I think everyone should start off in like a Kia or some **** and work their way up lol. Low respect and high power make for big problems haha
My first car was and is a 2005 gt. so what are you trying to say?! Lol just playing
I don't like riding in kias, I couldn't imagine driving one lmao
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:20 AM   #64
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark

My first car was and is a 2005 gt. so what are you trying to say?! Lol just playing
I don't like riding in kias, I couldn't imagine driving one lmao
Haha yea my girl had a nice first ride too. The math just doesn't work for me, 16 y/o in a $36k car lol
Old 11-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
my Steeda has 350rwhp. That's enough for me. It gets out of it's own way. It's no slouch. I won't be tracking it. It's my DD. so unless I buy another car(another mustang), I'll keep the hp as it is. Unless my cousin talks me into going FI
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350
my Steeda has 350rwhp. That's enough for me. It gets out of it's own way. It's no slouch. I won't be tracking it. It's my DD. so unless I buy another car(another mustang), I'll keep the hp as it is. Unless my cousin talks me into going FI
What mods you have ??
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator

What mods you have ??
The 2008 Steeda Q350 #012.
Has full G-trac suspension.
Steeda CAI & tune.
Under drive pulleys
Full exhaust minus headers
4:10 gears
Short throw
Motion deletes
Not really much internally modded. And I'm happy with what it has.
It's a beast to say the least
Old 11-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Oh 350 to the crank
Old 11-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Oh 350 to the crank
Was beginning to wonder the same thing. I haven't had it dyno'd. And a local shop said that's about what it was. But then that would mean if it had 350 to the wheels, it would have to have around 400 to the crank. And that seems highly unlikely with just those simple mods
Old 11-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350

Was beginning to wonder the same thing. I haven't had it dyno'd. And a local shop said that's about what it was. But then that would mean if it had 350 to the wheels, it would have to have around 400 to the crank. And that seems highly unlikely with just those simple mods
Yea exhaust, intake, pullie, tune should get you 40hp. So you should be around 310-320 to the wheels

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT