Code help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Code help

Iight came up while car was in service, code p0340,0344 and 0345. Codes indicate camshaft.
Anyone knows how to fix this.
Dealer is claiming I have bad tunes. I had my tunes for 6 months and never had a light.
Dealer also claims they didn't touch electrical parts on the car...
Tomorrow it's going back to the dealer but they say if they find that the tunes or any after market part is the problem I'll have to pay.
I only have added the tunes and a jlt cai..
Any help guys or girls will help, don't want the dealer to try to blame me for something they might of done. Car was taken for leaking oil in the front and also from the rear. Then light came on...
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Re: Code help

Did you load your stock tune back on and clear the codes. Then see if you get the CEL?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I tried to reload the stock ones but my car won't start, I could load any of my 3 custom tunes but my stock ones won't work.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

I did clear the codes between tunes and comes right on again... Not sure why my stock ones won't work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I might be rusty on this, but I don't think the car has to be running to load the tunes? I have the SCT and I've had my tune in for almost 2 years with no problem....knock on wood!

I'm just trying to figure out what's happening with your ride?..... Hmmmm

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
I tried to reload the stock ones but my car won't start, I could load any of my 3 custom tunes but my stock ones won't work.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

I did clear the codes between tunes and comes right on again... Not sure why my stock ones won't work
What kind of tuner do you have? Did you call where you bought it for tech support?

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Have you checked for a software update for your tuner. I remember reading a thread somebody else had the same problem trying to load the stock tune and once they updated it worked?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I bought the tuner from AM with their tuners. I contacted them and said most likely the mechanic didn't plug in something correct and regarding the stock tuners to contact SCT for support since the tunes might be corrected.
Their is an update for the tuner but I though it's only if I'm getting new tunes I have to update the software. And I heard you have to put the car back to stock before the update. I think it might be a problem since my car won't start with the stock tunes

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Oh it's the SCT tuner
Old 09-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I'm stumped Jayjay?? I wish I could help you out, maybe somebody else will chime in and have a idea. Best of luck!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Could this be that the dealer mechanic just did something wrong and they are blaming the tunes..
If the dealer finds what's wrong and claims the tunes are at fault they need to prove it and on paper correct..
Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Could this be that the dealer mechanic just did something wrong and they are blaming the tunes..
If the dealer finds what's wrong and claims the tunes are at fault they need to prove it and on paper correct..
The whole issue seems like the dealer did something for this to occur? You are correct. If they try saying it was your tune tell them to prove it!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Maldog , thanks
Tomorrow I'm taking my car back. Hopefully I don't have to leave the car do the hole day. Last week the car was for 2.5 weeks just to fix the oil leak. The bill was like 1,200 dollars. Good thing I had portfolio insurance and only had to pay 100 dollars.
I'm pretty sure they did something and don't know what they did....
I hope they accept it and fix it, but I'm sure they going to wanna charge me
Old 09-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Give em hell Jayjay! Please keep us up to date on what's going on.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I am, I'm a calm guy so hope it works out... With the talks I had with them it seems they going to try to blame the tunes. Ima ask for them to prove it and I want that on paper...
I just can't believe all the bs they making me go through
Old 09-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If you are sure it's the dealers fault, I have no idea. Otherwise, maybe a CPS went bad?
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I just hope it's an easy in expensive fix. I just find it weird that car came out of service with the light. Light was not on when car was drop to them to get fix.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

So dealer checked the history on vehicle computer, after a day trying to trouble shoot the problem they found out the PCM was not good, they said that the tunes I got had messed the PCM. Car going to be at dealer for about two weeks
Did my bama tunes really messed my PCM
Old 09-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So dealer checked the history on vehicle computer, after a day trying to trouble shoot the problem they found out the PCM was not good, they said that the tunes I got had messed the PCM. Car going to be at dealer for about two weeks
Did my bama tunes really messed my PCM

No way Jayjay

Maybe a second opinion from another dealer or shop?
Old 09-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

They said they going to cover it this time, but once they fix it and I tune it again and goes bad they won't cover it no more. The rep told me that the manager approved for the repair to be done under warranty...
But to make it clear that if I tune it again they won't cover it no more
Old 09-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They said they going to cover it this time, but once they fix it and I tune it again and goes bad they won't cover it no more. The rep told me that the manager approved for the repair to be done under warranty...
But to make it clear that if I tune it again they won't cover it no more
So are they going to replace the PCM? If they are? Tell them you would like the old one and get with AM Bama tunes rep and send it to them? I would at least call Bama and talk to them about this.

I think that's great that you are being covered under your warranty, but they are still pulling a rabbit out of their hat saying they think the tune did it?

Well, the good thing is you will have your baby back soon.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Seems sketchy to me... if they "know" it's the tune why would they cover it... ?

Does not add up... neighbor had a similar issue w a superchip on his 2010 f150 did the same thing... Ford charged him to reflash the pcm...
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I know seems sketchy to me too but since they said they going to cover it in not making it a big deal before they make it a big deal to me on fixing it.
Ima try to get the PCM, but I think they not going to let me keep it...
I got with bama from Am before I took it in the second time, I explain to them what happen and they said most likely the dealer moved something and that caused the codes.
I'll get with them later and see to get new tunes Or something.
I think ima keep my car with stock tunes for a bit and make sure everything Is working properly.
It just suck that I spend over 600 bucks on the tuner and cai few months back.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Finally after a month I got my stang back ... They finally fixed her up right. It drives like a champ. They replaced the PCM since they said it was corrupted by my tunes... Doing the walk around inspection I found several small scratches on the front fender. Need to take it back next week so they could send it to a body shop to get wax or whatever they need to remove those scratches.. Hope they wax the complete car lol.
Well what should I do.... Tune my car back or leave it stock for a while... Will my tuner still work since they change the PCM???
Well at the moment I'm just glad my stang drivers well again... Got to start fixing her up cosmetic wise at the moment.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay
Finally after a month I got my stang back ... They finally fixed her up right. It drives like a champ. They replaced the PCM since they said it was corrupted by my tunes... Doing the walk around inspection I found several small scratches on the front fender. Need to take it back next week so they could send it to a body shop to get wax or whatever they need to remove those scratches.. Hope they wax the complete car lol.
Well what should I do.... Tune my car back or leave it stock for a while... Will my tuner still work since they change the PCM???
Well at the moment I'm just glad my stang drivers well again... Got to start fixing her up cosmetic wise at the moment.
You are the only person I've ever heard of having PCM problems from tunes.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Glad you're back on the road again
Alonzo.dargan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I know, we'll my car ran smooth until it was left at the dealer for an oil leak... They claim it was my tunes but since they where going to fix it I didn't make it Abigail deal
Old 10-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Good to see you're back on the road Jayjay.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #24
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
OMFG **** THE ****ING DEALER THEY ARE THEY BIGGEST SCUMBAGS ON THE FACE OF THIS OR ANY OTHER PLANET. Ok, now that I got that out..... Take it to a regular mechanic. If it leaked oil and had no codes when you took it there, and left with no oil leak and codes, GUESS WHAT? One of their glorified junkyard mechanics broke something. I work at a repair shop so I know that sometimes **** actually does happen when you take it to get fixed and it actually has nothing to do with the mechanics. BUT DEALER SERVICE IS RUN BY SATAN AND MONKEYS. That's not just Ford, it's every dealer. They don't want to work for free so they will LIE STRAIGHT TO YOUR FACE to get their **** ups covered. Omg I could have a ****ing eruption right now. Lol
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks glad to be back, yeah on the other hand their insurance work it's the best for them, I saw the bill they send profolio fir the oil leak and was like 150 in parts and 980.00 for labor lol. I just imagine how much they charged to change the PCM :/
Just glad it's all over, my car actually feels way better. Just need to take it back so they could remove the scratches they made 😡
Old 10-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I bought a CAI and SCT combo from JMSchip out of Lucedale, Ms. back in 2009. Been running the 93 octane tune since. 70k miles later, no problems, and still lovin it.
mjblue09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT