Cold air intake and tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Cold air intake and tuner

Any suggestions for the best bang for the buck? Want the performance but not wanting to waste money just for the name.. If u know what I mean
Damnyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Silver...

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07
Silver...
Go on AM and look at their combos and pick the colors you like best
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnyer
Any suggestions for the best bang for the buck? Want the performance but not wanting to waste money just for the name.. If u know what I mean
+1 on what bengt07 said..AM has a good selection of combos! I have the jlt cold air and SCT programmer and love it!
S197STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I love it.... I'll let y'all handle this lol
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Handle this ... I know what u r gonna say.... But yes another cai question... Just looking for advice from someone who already has one
Old 09-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Handle this ... I know what u r gonna say.... But yes another cai question... Just looking for advice from someone who already has one
You could also try Craigslist, not to long ago there were plenty for good prices in my area. Not sure about pennsylvania. If your on a budget Id go that route, you can probably find them for half the price! Just my 2 cents
Old 09-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
If I buy one off craiglist how do I get the tune for my car
Jboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Call brenspeed and tell them what you have and they will walk you through the steps from there!!!

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
CZYFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboogie
If I buy one off craiglist how do I get the tune for my car
You make sure you have an unmarried programmer when you buy it. You will have to pay for the tunes from Bama, brenspeed, or who ever you prefer for a custom tune. They send you emailed tunes based on the info you give them about the parts you have on your car then you upload on your programmer. I use Bama through American muscle but because I bought my programmer through them I get free tunes for life so it is pretty good to buy from them if you plan on changing a lot of parts on your car. But like I said if your on a budget you could buy one from craigslist and just buy a tune. Hope this makes sense to you.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by S197STANG

You make sure you have an unmarried programmer when you buy it. You will have to pay for the tunes from Bama, brenspeed, or who ever you prefer for a custom tune. They send you emailed tunes based on the info you give them about the parts you have on your car then you upload on your programmer. I use Bama through American muscle but because I bought my programmer through them I get free tunes for life so it is pretty good to buy from them if you plan on changing a lot of parts on your car. But like I said if your on a budget you could buy one from craigslist and just buy a tune. Hope this makes sense to you.
Yeah brenspeed does the same thing once you either buy a programmer from them or buy a tune from them any parts you buy from them that requires a tune, they will update it for free and email it to you with your upgrades. I just prefer brenspeed over bama tunes but thats just me.

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yes it makes since can u tell a difference when u get a tune all I have done exhaust and bbk cai is jti better?
Old 09-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes it makes since can u tell a difference when u get a tune all I have done exhaust and bbk cai is jti better?
Well I've heard people enjoy their JLT intake and as for if you will notice a difference, you should get better throttle response and if you have an auto they can change the shift points and make for a better performance but you should feel a difference for the better in some way but if you add more like cams and heads it will be even better!

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Get this.. but the tune one... I really want to make my own... using my jlt... http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...s/viewall.html

Name:   m5lp_0906_02_z_cold_air_intake_systems_for_s197_mustangs_air_filter.jpeg
Views: 280
Size:  11.1 KB
Old 09-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I bought the super chip I like it but I can't use a cold air intake with it it always brings up a code (too lean ) so I had to toss the cold air intake .its strange how every else is Able to run the both of them . bUT NOT ME
Pattyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes you will definitely tell a difference from stock! More throttle response as some one just said up above! My mpg's also went up, but I drive 80 miles a day round trip so thats why i can tell. You will definitely love it, it also makes it more fun to drive when you wanna put your foot down.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyboy
I bought the super chip I like it but I can't use a cold air intake with it it always brings up a code (too lean ) so I had to toss the cold air intake .its strange how every else is Able to run the both of them . bUT NOT ME
It's because you bought a pos "chip" I'm not bashing you BTW... the chip is not intended for modded cars...
Old 09-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
That's great wish I knew that before I bought it . It does work nice though
Pattyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #18
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Re: Cold air intake and tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnyer View Post
Alot of times as simple search will get you an answer faster than making a new thread about a subject that has been beat to death. All the answers above are pretty spot on though.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

Alot of times as simple search will get you an answer faster than making a new thread about a subject that has been beat to death. All the answers above are pretty spot on though.
+1^

IN SALEEN WE TRUST!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

So nobody really ever said which cai and tune was the best for the $
Old 09-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #21
Regular
Supporter

Just curious,but did you even try the search feature?

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...archid=1916101
Old 09-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

No... And I don't care about all the same questions all the time response.... Just looking for someone's personal opinion
Old 09-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

By searching... you are looking at previous threads filled w personal opinions...
Old 09-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #24
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545 View Post
By searching... you are looking at previous threads filled w personal opinions...
That's exactly what I was trying to say. Not trying to be a jerk,just trying to help you get the fastest answer and searching sometimes works better than making a thread.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

My apologies .... Usually people make smart comments.... I don't mind spending the money on good upgrades .. But just wondering what people ate using... I know everyone has different opinions..... Once again sorry for my ignorant statement..
Old 09-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #26
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnyer View Post
My apologies .... Usually people make smart comments.... I don't mind spending the money on good upgrades .. But just wondering what people ate using... I know everyone has different opinions..... Once again sorry for my ignorant statement..
No problem. Hopefully it helps in the future when you need a quick answer.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
JLT and SCT programmer IMO
Old 09-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

What is so great about JLT CAI?
Old 09-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What is so great about JLT CAI?
You ask for our opinion and thats what were giving. I have it on my car and works great. Bigger intake tube and bigger filter which helps sucks in more air compared to others brands. There is also C&L if I'm not mistaken which also almost the same. You just gotta research, we all did. In 5.0 mag which someone's posted above, there is a couple of pages of a bunch of intakes and tuners and hp rating given JLT and C&L were on top but ultimately it's you decision! just take our word, obviously you know some will respond and let you know if a certain one is crap!

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote:

You ask for our opinion and thats what were giving. I have it on my car and works great. Bigger intake tube and bigger filter which helps sucks in more air compared to others brands. There is also C&L if I'm not mistaken which also almost the same. You just gotta research, we all did. In 5.0 mag which someone's posted above, there is a couple of pages of a bunch of intakes and tuners and hp rating given JLT and C&L were on top but ultimately it's you decision! just take our word, obviously you know some will respond and let you know if a certain one is crap!
Ask silversky he will tell straight up lol
Old 09-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I just got an airaid cai and a tuner from AM and I can definitely tell a difference. It sounds mean when I get on it.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:42 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark
I just got an airaid cai and a tuner from AM and I can definitely tell a difference. It sounds mean when I get on it.
I got the same it makes a huge difference.
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Destination S19
The CAI is mostly whichever one you really want to get. The ones that require the tune all pretty much flow the same amount of air. The performance increase is mostly from the tune. I bought Steeda just because I know the company makes good parts and the system is pretty solid and got a tune from Bama for it.

FRPP HotRods Cams / American Racing Headers Long Tubes with catted X / Stang-Hi dyno tune
Saleen wheels / Steeda CAI / Corsa Xtremes, K Springs, Koni STR.Ts, UMI lca relo. Brackets/r lwr ctrl arms UMI adj. panhard bar / Camber plates / SR Strut Tower Brace.
Destination S19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I'm trying to decide between an airaid or the jlt.. Both will be with the tune
Old 10-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
I'm trying to decide between an airaid or the jlt.. Both will be with the tune
Jlt
Alonzo.dargan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:

Complete answers like this would save people lots of headaches rather than "JLT, son".

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Tags
cold air intake