Nitrous on a 06 GT with 100k miles - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Zaks06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 451
Nitrous on a 06 GT with 100k miles

Always wanted it but was scared of it lol, my question is would it be safe in my car? I have a 2006 GT 5 speed with 100k miles and only engine mods are O/R X pipe and axle backs, and soon a CAI. And what would be best wet or dry kit? I was think of a 100 shot at the max. Thanks for the help guys
Zaks06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaks06GT
Always wanted it but was scared of it lol, my question is would it be safe in my car? I have a 2006 GT 5 speed with 100k miles and only engine mods are O/R X pipe and axle backs, and soon a CAI. And what would be best wet or dry kit? I was think of a 100 shot at the max. Thanks for the help guys
100k ain't a lot and idk I think dry is safer if you have a good fuel system but wet is good cause it adds the gas but you run the risk of blowing up your intake
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 130
125 Dry shot it. Give you 100-110 at the wheels, and at 100k, the 4.6 Modular can eat that for desert.
__________________
Grabber Blue "Betty" 2012 V6 Six Speed, 3.55, BBK cai/throttle body, longtubes, x-pipe, axle back w/oem tips, Lugo Performance Dynotune, Zex 100 dry. I need factory v6 foglight housings, and the stock 11/12 gt grill with the light housings.
WtFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Zaks06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 451
Why dry over wet? What's the advantage over both?!
Zaks06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaks06GT
Why dry over wet? What's the advantage over both?!
Dry hits harder but it's more dangerous. My buddy has a 91 with a 150 shot and beats the **** out of it. Different motor, I know, but it's got 150k miles and runs mint. It's a wet shot
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Wet shot. Dry shot is like running and inhaling vodka instead of drinking it
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch
Wet shot. Dry shot is like running and inhaling vodka instead of drinking it
LMFAO Hahahahahahaha that was an excellent analogy lol
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 130
A 100-125 dry shot is super easy, and not to worry, your motor can handle it. Anything under 150 isn't worth the trouble and extra work of wet. Especially if you're not going to tune the car specifically for the Oxide. Once you hit 150, it's better to plumb it in and start tuning. If you are going to tune the car for nitrous, then yes a wet shot is a bit better, def safer. But why would you wanna tune your car for spray when it's primarily a street car. If you load up on bolt ons, including a canned tune, plumb in a dry 100 shot, you will have some great power. Dyno tuning and wet spray are getting into a different set of rules.

Just so that I may seem a little bit credible here: I build custom cars for a living. My Mustang ownership history in order:

1987 GT T-Tops 5speed H-Pipe/flowmasters, mass air convert, 4.10 richmonds, trick flow upper/lower, frpp throttle body.

1988 GT 306/Auto MAC Shorties, H Pipe, Flows, 3.73 gears, Vortech S Trim, MAC CAI, dynotune

1966 6cyl/auto in mint condition

1984 SVO 2.3t See above.

1992 LX 5.0 347/5 speed Long tube header, xpipe, flows, 4.10 gears, Turbonetics 40mm@17psi, Trick Flow upper,Lower, spacer, BBK 80mm Throttle body and 100mm Mass Air, F.A.S.T. Computer management, drag bag rear end.

1993 Cobra Stock plus 12 psi and ECU Tune.

1964.5 6cyl/auto all original been in my fam since new

2000 6cyl/5 speed Convertible for road trips, basically stock with a programmer, headers and dual exhaust

2012 6/6 mods in my sig.
__________________
Grabber Blue "Betty" 2012 V6 Six Speed, 3.55, BBK cai/throttle body, longtubes, x-pipe, axle back w/oem tips, Lugo Performance Dynotune, Zex 100 dry. I need factory v6 foglight housings, and the stock 11/12 gt grill with the light housings.
WtFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
2007pullinaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by WtFDiesel
A 100-125 dry shot is super easy, and not to worry, your motor can handle it. Anything under 150 isn't worth the trouble and extra work of wet. Especially if you're not going to tune the car specifically for the Oxide. Once you hit 150, it's better to plumb it in and start tuning. If you are going to tune the car for nitrous, then yes a wet shot is a bit better, def safer. But why would you wanna tune your car for spray when it's primarily a street car. If you load up on bolt ons, including a canned tune, plumb in a dry 100 shot, you will have some great power. Dyno tuning and wet spray are getting into a different set of rules.

Just so that I may seem a little bit credible here: I build custom cars for a living. My Mustang ownership history in order:

1987 GT T-Tops 5speed H-Pipe/flowmasters, mass air convert, 4.10 richmonds, trick flow upper/lower, frpp throttle body.

1988 GT 306/Auto MAC Shorties, H Pipe, Flows, 3.73 gears, Vortech S Trim, MAC CAI, dynotune

1966 6cyl/auto in mint condition

1984 SVO 2.3t See above.

1992 LX 5.0 347/5 speed Long tube header, xpipe, flows, 4.10 gears, Turbonetics 40mm@17psi, Trick Flow upper,Lower, spacer, BBK 80mm Throttle body and 100mm Mass Air, F.A.S.T. Computer management, drag bag rear end.

1993 Cobra Stock plus 12 psi and ECU Tune.

1964.5 6cyl/auto all original been in my fam since new

2000 6cyl/5 speed Convertible for road trips, basically stock with a programmer, headers and dual exhaust

2012 6/6 mods in my sig.
Totally jealous of that history
2007pullinaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Tags
nitrous

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Members Mustangs

Ellie

Zhim

Lois

badsheep5.0
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



09:53 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.