Re: Weight Saving Suggestions
you can reduce weight But it isn't cheap
1. High output, compact starter. These starters weigh about half as much as the Factory, and cost about the same as a new starter. you 10-15 pounds, and make it a lot easier to work around that area
2. Exhaust replacing it costs a big chunk and yields minor power gains. But th weight is involved. Remove the stock system and replace it with LT's instead of the cast iron manifolds and down pipes - X pipe instead of the stock H with 4 cats run 2 high efficiency cats instead new mufflers and tailpipes and you shed weight everywhere except the last part Its costly, but the weight savings are at least 30 pounds.
3. Body parts. cf parts for the Mustang are available that save 2/3 of the factory weight. the factory fiberglass / aluminum hood is a lot heavier than the CF saves at least 25 pounds fiberglass fenders can save 15-20 pounds.
4. Lightweight wheels. Steeda sells lightweight wheels that can save 60 pounds or more.
5. Gears. Lightened ring and pinion sets can save 10-15 pounds
6. Drive shaft. Aluminum drive shaft is much lighter and usually better balanced Saves about 20 pounds.
Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."