Mods under 500$ - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Mods under 500$

I want to add another bolt on, I already have a tune, CAI, 410s and off road Xpipe

I have a bunch of other non horsepower adding mods, but I'm looking for something relatively cheap that's adds a few horses and shaves a tenth or 2 in the 1/4 mile

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Save another couple hundred for LT's. TB or UDP'S aren't worth it yet.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
LTs are not worth the money unless you have FI or you just want sound. UDPs are about your only option for a power adder under 500. Or CMDPs but thats all top end.
MavyMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Get an MGW short throw shifter, best short throw shifter on the market and its only $260. It will give you better and quicker shifts at the track to reduce that time.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavyMav
LTs are not worth the money unless you have FI or you just want sound. UDPs are about your only option for a power adder under 500. Or CMDPs but thats all top end.
Tell us more about how long tubes are not worth the money and how UDPs are power adders lmao. What ****** gave you all that glorious misinformation? Lol
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Get an MGW short throw shifter, best short throw shifter on the market and its only $260
I think he has a Hurst already.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavyMav View Post
I think he has a Hurst already.
Oh yea, just noticed that.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom

Tell us more about how long tubes are not worth the money and how UDPs are power adders lmao. What ****** gave you all that glorious misinformation? Lol
Long tubes yield a NA motor 15-20hp for around 700-1000 for a decent setup. UDPs free up power. Maybe 5-10 but only cost 100-150 bucks. Obviously you must have been misinformed.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I would say get the full exhaust, LTs and throttle body
Old 09-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I'm getting longtubes and cams but that's tax return time, Throttle body idk, but the CMDPs sound like a good idea since I already have a strong low end

Old 09-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

TBs are the same way. Unless your a pushing a lot of air they are not worth the HP per dollar unless you are running FI.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
I'm getting longtubes and cams but that's tax return time, Throttle body idk, but the CMDPs sound like a good idea since I already have a strong low end
Good choice. Just have Brenspeed rewrite the tune. This is also my next mod choice as I have the same mods as you. Minus the drag radials lol.

Also are you going with Rockers?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Ya I need that extra power in 3rd gear pulls on the highway

Old 09-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ya I need that extra power in 3rd gear pulls on the highway
Def good for passing.lol
Old 09-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavyMav

Long tubes yield a NA motor 15-20hp for around 700-1000 for a decent setup. UDPs free up power. Maybe 5-10 but only cost 100-150 bucks. Obviously you must have been misinformed.
I think you're reading the wrong magazine buddy. You're not gonna find much good info on mustangs in Vogue. So how much power did your pullies free up when you were dynoed?
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Headers are good for 20 rwhp but I don't have the time to install them anytime soon and emission testing is coming up, so it's a winter project

And ya ill be going with the brenspeed cams

Old 09-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom

I think you're reading the wrong magazine buddy. You're not gonna find much good info on mustangs in Vogue. So how much power did your pullies free up when you were dynoed?
Have not dynoed yet. Im glad we have comedians on this forum though. I don't look in magazines JUST for mod help. I really REALLY like the pictures.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Headers are good for 20 rwhp but I don't have the time to install them anytime soon and emission testing is coming up, so it's a winter project

And ya ill be going with the brenspeed cams
Agreed. LTs are good for that and if you have the money go for it. I wish I can afford them now but gotta wait till spring for the tax return.
Hell BaSohol, for 500 you can do the CMDPs and the UDPs.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have some up for sale $50

Cmdp is a nice little mod for cheap... speed picks up much quicker than stock once you hit 4k rpms

Long tubes add a good amount of power... whoever said they are not worth it in comparison w pullies... I guess I see your point to a degree, but I have every bolt on and did them separately from each other... so I know what helped w what and what added and what did not... my opinion on the following bolt ons:

*cai / bama tune: was not night and day like everyone says... but it was a great acceleration mod (top end )

*cmdp: cool for added sound, acceleration was increased at higher rpms

*Tb: super cool for sound made a whistling sound every time you blip the throttle, throttle response slightly increased (depending on supporting mods or lack of can also decrese gains) and it also looks great under Hood

*Long tubes: great sound, great looking, full power band gains

*pullies: difficult install, looks good, too much risk of charging issues that out ways the performance gains

*Tune: I have 93 race bama tune, I'm not happy w it I think it's too generic and car just does not seem to perform the way it should based on other less modded cars I've been in that had dyno tunes

*borla stingers: I'm not fond of the sound however I had two chamber magnaflows prior and the borlas seem to make the car perform much much better... I guess my car was being choked up by the two chambered mufflers???

*off road mid pipe: great sound, pita come inspection time, full power band gain, although its just a slight increase in speed throughout each gear if that makes sense

*Gears: depending on what you go to and what you started with THAT is one mod I can whole heartedly say makes the car feel like a whole new car

*Tremec trans: based on previous stangs one of my favorite mods due to gear change feel and better gearing for faster acceleration

*Aluminum ds: again based on previous stangs another fav due to similar results as trans

Same goes for clutch, fly wheel

Sigh I hate typing and I know 90% of you are not going to read this... oh well

Mr.Chicago if you have $500 and are looking to increase your et I would suggest focus on other mods that help achieve your goal such as lca, uca, drag springs, drag shocks n struts, sway bar delete, light weight front sway bar delete, rear seat delete, ect hp does not equate to speed... is a combination of everything together and everything is balanced
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:31 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
I have some up for sale $50

Cmdp is a nice little mod for cheap... speed picks up much quicker than stock once you hit 4k rpms

Long tubes add a good amount of power... whoever said they are not worth it in comparison w pullies... I guess I see your point to a degree, but I have every bolt on and did them separately from each other... so I know what helped w what and what added and what did not... my opinion on the following bolt ons:

*cai / bama tune: was not night and day like everyone says... but it was a great acceleration mod (top end )

*cmdp: cool for added sound, acceleration was increased at higher rpms

*Tb: super cool for sound made a whistling sound every time you blip the throttle, throttle response slightly increased (depending on supporting mods or lack of can also decrese gains) and it also looks great under Hood

*Long tubes: great sound, great looking, full power band gains

*pullies: difficult install, looks good, too much risk of charging issues that out ways the performance gains

*Tune: I have 93 race bama tune, I'm not happy w it I think it's too generic and car just does not seem to perform the way it should based on other less modded cars I've been in that had dyno tunes

*borla stingers: I'm not fond of the sound however I had two chamber magnaflows prior and the borlas seem to make the car perform much much better... I guess my car was being choked up by the two chambered mufflers???

*off road mid pipe: great sound, pita come inspection time, full power band gain, although its just a slight increase in speed throughout each gear if that makes sense

*Gears: depending on what you go to and what you started with THAT is one mod I can whole heartedly say makes the car feel like a whole new car

*Tremec trans: based on previous stangs one of my favorite mods due to gear change feel and better gearing for faster acceleration

*Aluminum ds: again based on previous stangs another fav due to similar results as trans

Same goes for clutch, fly wheel

Sigh I hate typing and I know 90% of you are not going to read this... oh well

Mr.Chicago if you have $500 and are looking to increase your et I would suggest focus on other mods that help achieve your goal such as lca, uca, drag springs, drag shocks n struts, sway bar delete, light weight front sway bar delete, rear seat delete, ect hp does not equate to speed... is a combination of everything together and everything is balanced
Sorry but you said you have some for sale for $50, were you talking about headers?
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:35 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Lol why in the world would you quote my entire post!! Lol fantastic... no I'm selling pullies for $50
Old 09-29-2012, 01:45 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Long tubes are way worth it!!! The pull I have in third is way worth 4.5 hours under the car!!! Granted the pull is up in the rpms, isnt that we're you are in 1/4 mile pulls?! No I don't have times but from stock I don't think pulleys can give you that pull!!
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

....4.5 hours took me like 13 I suck at working on cars lol
Old 09-29-2012, 02:16 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
What is CMDP ? Thanks, Dave
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:31 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol why in the world would you quote my entire post!! Lol fantastic... no I'm selling pullies for $50
My bad. Im on my phone and didnt feel like wasting time deleting all of the extra stuff.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:40 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Charge motion delete plates
Old 09-29-2012, 04:48 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I kinda want the FRPP intake tho, for looks and better with cams, but I'll probably just do the CMDPs for now then headers and then cams

Old 09-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
I kinda want the FRPP intake tho, for looks and better with cams, but I'll probably just do the CMDPs for now then headers and then cams
I have the FRPP intake and love it great ad on with my full bolt-ons.
Alonzo.dargan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo.dargan1

I have the FRPP intake and love it great ad on with my full bolt-ons.
I know a lot of people will say the CMDPs are the same but I like the way it looks too

Old 09-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
....4.5 hours took me like 13 I suck at working on cars lol
I had a lift so it helped a lot
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

So did I....

But I've never worked on cars... always payed folks... it did not help I was installing used mixed matched parts either?
Old 01-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I have a question about the cmdps, I know you need a custom tune for those but I'm wondering with the diablo intune is there already tune on it I can use for the cmdps since it already has a bunch of custom tunes already on it. I really need help with that if anyone knows?

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
BadAssStang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssStang07 View Post
I have a question about the cmdps, I know you need a custom tune for those but I'm wondering with the diablo intune is there already tune on it I can use for the cmdps since it already has a bunch of custom tunes already on it. I really need help with that if anyone knows?

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I also would love to know this, I just started looking at the cmdps and I have a diablo tuner as well. Would like not to have to pay for someone to write me a tune for this part.
Shadow322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

pypes high flow cats and shortie headers or just go with a long tube setup
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:08 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I wish i could get longtubes but here in cali it's to strict. Guess ill settle for shorties
Old 03-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4point6Chris View Post
I wish i could get longtubes but here in cali it's to strict. Guess ill settle for shorties
I want to get long tubes and a catted mid pipe so bad here in Texas but I don't want to fail inspection

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Shadow322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:24 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow322 View Post
I want to get long tubes and a catted mid pipe so bad here in Texas but I don't want to fail inspection

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Where in Texas are you?

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT