DING, DING, DING - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:45 AM   #1

Region: Minnesota
Angry DING, DING, DING

Little help please-just picked up a used 06 GT this weekend. Had to drive it 800 miles home. Had this loud chime going DING, DING, DING after driving at highway speeds for about 10 miles. It drove me nuts. All the way home-DING!,DING! DING!. Its not the normal chime for the headlights or keys. What wires do I have to cut to make this go away? Nothing in the owners manual. Tried everything I could. Chimes less if I use the cruse control. Otherwise, everytime I change highway speeds. Ford dealer said nothing but "gee I don't know, just schedule an appointment"$$$. Thanks in advance.
06limegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: DING, DING, DING

Did you have your seat belt on? Sounds like the seat belt reminder to me. If you didn't have it on, there is this magic combination of events you can do to disable the chime. Has something to do with turning the key on, hooking and unhooking the seat belt, and some other things I think. Someone else could probably chime in on the actual events.

Anyhow, that's what it sounds like to me.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I had my seatbelt on. This chime is much louder and allways chimes in a series if three dings. It stops once I establish and hold my speed constant. -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

that sounds like the seatbelt chime. If you had it on then its just something not telling the car that it is snapped in. You CAN turn that of (at least in pre 05 models) but its probably something simple to fix. Is it still under warranty?
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Having just picked it up, it is covered under warranty...

It won't cost you anything to have them look at it and fix it. It is still new in your hands, there is a default warranty for like 30 days or so...unless you bought it from a private seller. Then, being an 06, I would expect there to be a leftover 3 yr/36k mile warranty.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #6

I know it's not the seatbelt/headlights or keys in ignition chime. The seatbelt chime is much quieter and seems to come from a different part of the car. This is much louder and only dings 3 times, then dings again anytime I change and hold speeds above 60 MPH. Warranty is only on the drivetrain. I'm on my own on this or pay my local dealer to find the problem.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to 05RedDevil

Are you getting any lights on your dash? Check engine or otherwise? Besides seatbealt a simple thing could have been that the door wasn't closed all the way or the hand brake wasn't fully released.
Why did you buy a Mustang from 800 miles away?
Old 04-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #8

Everything else seems fine. No other problems or warnings. I checked everything over very carefully at the purchase but problem did not show till I was way down the road. The reason I had to go 800 miles is because of the unusual combo I wanted in a Mustang. I have been looking for 12 months nationwide for a reasonably priced 06 GT Premium, not beat or carved up by some wanna-be racer, must have leather, and here's the tough part; auto trans and Legend Lime Paint. Love it or hate it, I had a 68 in the same color. Turns out, it's least made color and it seems most GT's I found were manual.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #9

OK, I called a different Ford dealer and discribed the problem. He said he has seen this befor and I need to bring it in and they would re-flash the computer to the original settings. Whatever the heck that means. 1 hour labor. I guess i'll just have to pay. I will keep you posted on what happens.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT