Are the 08 Gt's as good? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #1

Region: Missouri
Are the 08 Gt's as good?

I just ordered a GT Premium a week ago. Does anyone know if ford is building Mustangs as good today as back in 2005 - 2007.
I'm concerned that because of poor sales and the end of the current body style, they might be just slapping them together without being carefull. Just to use up inventory and get to the finish. After all, they dont have to make a good impression like they did in 2005.
When I placed the order the salesman did'nt seem very intrerested, He did'nt even make me give them a deposit or downpayment.
I'm thinking I should cancel the order.
NitroLPR9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to 05RedDevil
Re: Are the 08 Gt's as good?

I wouldn't worry about build quality dropping off. They are built using the same machines and assembly lines as the previous years and have all the bonuses of more available features. The sales are merely lower because of the economy and time of year. As for a saleman, it may not have been his day so you can't really look at that. Also, you'll have a brand new car and a full warranty. If there are issues, it is not your pocket that will be hurting
Old 04-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Fords' initial build quality has been improving as of late, and any running changes they make to fix bugs from the earlier 2 years should be worked out by now, I'd say its a safe enough bet.. If the salesman himself wasn't too enthusiastic about it..

He must not be a very good salesman, or hes the type to try and not seem pushy, or overecstatic about making a sale.. If a salesman had seemed too pushy would you be thinking 'oh the car must be great, but are they making too much money off of me?' kinda thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

seem fine to me, I rode in one last week
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:34 AM   #5

Thanks for the reasurance and support. It helps put my mind at ease.

Right now with the economy doing bad and gas prices going sky high, I keep thinking everybodys going to start buying the cheapist most fuel efficient car they can find. And I get afraid that Ford is going to go back to making the Mustang of the 80's. And when gas hits $4.75-$5.00 a gallon suddonly life becomes a bad dream. You know what I mean?

I know I'm over-reacting or maybe not. because it could happen. But I'm not going to worry about the future, I just want Ford to build me an awsome Mustang GT. After 6-8 weeks I'll have the car and then I;ll calm down and start breathing again. Ofcourse, you all have Mustangs, you wouldn't understand.

Maybe I should explain myself to some who might think I'm hot wired. See I got this short story about how I really NEED to get this Mustang I orderd. It all started with a VW dunebuggy, thats right, a sandrail / offroad dirt machine that I built from scratch. 20 years I had that roll cage on wheels. It was the badist coolist homemade car you ever saw. Disc brakes all around, dual Bilsten shocks, 930 porsch CV's, 3x3 moly arms, the best of everything, it was street legal and it was even RED. In 2003 I wanted to buy a new Mustang, but I had to sell the sandrail first. So I finally sold my sandrail and bought a new 03 Mach 1. I loved that Mach 1, everyday I owned it was like the perfect holiday. The only problem was I had sold my house a year before I bought the Mach 1 and I was temperaly living in an appartment, and after 1 1/2 years of living in the appartment, my plans fell apart and I could'nt stand it anymore and had to find me a house. But to get a desent house on my income I had to part with the Mach 1. I still had my F-150 truck, but it was all paid off. So in 2004 I sold the Mach 1 and bought a house. And now its been almost 4 years. And during that time I would find myself at the Ford dealer about every 6 months trying to realize in my mind why I can't afford a Mustang. And the salesman don't have any compassion for my delima. So for me, I need this Mustang. To fill a void inside me. I feel like a kid that's had his toy taken away and I want it back and it better be perfect.:beatyou:
Old 04-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

if you loved the Mach 1 so much... why not get another one? It's a lot cheaper now than when you bought it the first time around. Plus, you already know you loved that car. Not only that, but it'll be cheaper than the 08 GT you're looking to buy. About the same power, but 4v too.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Car sales are way down this year. Automakers knew it was coming and knew sales were going to be very poor. Also, the new Camaros and Dodge Challengers are due out very soon and alot of people are thinking about those two cars as an alternative to the Mustang.
RedRoushOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
if you loved the Mach 1 so much... why not get another one? It's a lot cheaper now than when you bought it the first time around. Plus, you already know you loved that car. Not only that, but it'll be cheaper than the 08 GT you're looking to buy. About the same power, but 4v too.
I thought about doing that but 2 reasons stop me. I paid $23000 for my mach 1, and I sold it for $22000. I can not find a Mach 1 for less than $24000 unless it has a lot of miles on it or been raced. It just does'nt make sence to buy another Mach 1 with more miles on it and older than mine was for more than $22000. And now their 5 years old, so forget it. The 2nd reason is I can finance the new car through Ford for 3.9% or less. If I bought a used car I'd have to go with a bank. I even thought about buying a used 05 -07 GT. But for just $2000 - $3000 more I can buy a brand new 08 GT. Because of the Z plan, rebates, cash back bonus and low finance rate.
Also, I know I love the new GT's because I test drove 3 of them and I tested them out.
One of the problems with the Mach 1 is it has like 10:1 compression, So you need to run the highest grade fuel in it. And now their mixing corn with gasoline.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:51 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
And now their mixing corn with gasoline.
corn works well in moonshine why not gas

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

E85 fuel is 85% (corn)alcohol and 15% gas. Do not use this in any Mustang unless you increase the flow rate of your fuel by 10-30%. You might want to go to this website and learn a little more than I can tell you.

Converting for E85
RedRoushOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:53 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Iowa's been running corn based ethanol in our fuels for like 15 years. My GT's had 2 years on it with no issues. My v6 had 3 years on it and 125,000 miles with no issues. The ethanol actually raises the octane... being that it's pure alcohol.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT