Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Quiet cams

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Graham1992 
#1 ·
Ok this may sound crazy but are there cams out there that you can't really hear I want the hp but not the excess noise in my neighborhood my borla is loud enough. Any help please?

#3 ·
Cams don't make it a whole lot louder, mostly just change the pattern of the idle. When I was still running my stock mid pipe, I could barely hear my cams.

#4 ·
BenGT07 said:
Cams don't make it a whole lot louder, mostly just change the pattern of the idle. When I was still running my stock mid pipe, I could barely hear my cams.
Ok but I have the borla axle back and will be soon getting borla headers and midpipe

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Venomouz831 said:
So you don't want sound of cams huh. I would just suggest go other mods then.
Yeah but I want the HP I just didn't want to be obnoxiously loud

#5 ·
If you want it kind of quiet, choose a conservative catted mix pipe.

#7 ·
Kcstunna82 said:
So Ben you saying get a catted midpipe
Haha. Yeah. Mid pipe, not mix pipe. I did an O/R H with my LT's... And when I had a hangover, it hurt to even think about turning the key.

#10 ·
BenGT07 said:
Dude my car got ALOT louder with my thumprs. It was def noticeable. That was with stock exhaust and flows

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

BenGT07 said:
Haha. Yeah. Mid pipe, not mix pipe. I did an O/R H with my LT's... And when I had a hangover, it hurt to even think about turning the key.
Yea I keep a good supply of Tylenol handy lol

#13 ·
Kcstunna82 said:
Well it was for two reasons one I wanted no one to know in had them and two sometime I get home late and I didn't want to wake the neighbors
But when you have cams you want to turn heads and let people know you have cams otherwise its not really worth it. Besides for the performance aspect of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.