Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Overheating

5K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  MedicDave 
#1 ·
So my 10 GT almost overheated last night, I don't know what happened she only has 9k on her and she is pampered. I didn't see any fluid leaks, no funny smells or strange sounds coming from the engine, I'm thinking a stuck thermostat. Any ideas.

#6 ·
I am a little concerned with my mods and my warranty, I would think it wouldn't be an issue being that is has nothing to do with the cooling system. I have a 93R tune, CAI, headers, or/x and Roush cat back and pulleys. Do you guys think that they will give me sh*t for that? I hope not.

#8 ·
MedicDave said:
I am a little concerned with my mods and my warranty, I would think it wouldn't be an issue being that is has nothing to do with the cooling system. I have a 93R tune, CAI, headers, or/x and Roush cat back and pulleys. Do you guys think that they will give me sh*t for that? I hope not.
Under drive pulleys, probably.

#10 ·
They probably will, they will say your tune adjusted your fan speeds and the headers make you run lean and the underdrives make your cooling system less effective

#15 ·
Ok so I took the car to ford, and they had to replace the cooing fan, they said the motor was bad. I was worried that they would give me trouble about all my mods but they didn't say anything and it was covered under warranty. Thank you baby Jesus.

#16 ·
MedicDave said:
Ok so I took the car to ford, and they had to replace the cooing fan, they said the motor was bad. I was worried that they would give me trouble about all my mods but they didn't say anything and it was covered under warranty. Thank you baby Jesus.
Nice small stuff like a fan motor they don't care I guess just don't blow the trans or motor

#18 ·
muscledom said:
That's a good general rule lol
When I got my trans replaced under warranty they gave me **** just for my hurst short throw shifter which has a Ford Racing part # btw, and it wasn't the dealer that gave me trouble it was the adjuster Ford sends out Everytime there's a big claim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.